GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*******SPOILERS*******RAW"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/06/05 at 17:08
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
If you feel the need to post spoilers this is how you do it...
In particularly Hillfish and jakey b

*************SPOILERS******************

As most of us know now, even if we didnt want to...the draft pick was Kurt Angle.

I have to say i loved the 'Wooooo!' battle between Kurt and Ric Flair!
Best bit of comedy on RAW in aaaages! Every time i watch it i crack up laughing!

I actually liked the final segment even though it did have Triple H talking. A few matches made for next week and Vengeance. Shaping up to be good. (Not as good as ECW though!)

Should be a better PPV with another belt on the line with the Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship. Could be a doorway for the title to go back to Smackdown? Who knows.

Any other comments?
Thu 23/06/05 at 23:21
Regular
"you've got a beard"
hard to say, it looked like he was a little shaken (to be expected), but benjemin has displayed before that he has a VERY good understanding of psychology and has ad-libbed extra parts to the match story before (that botched kip-up from one of La Resistance for example)
Fri 24/06/05 at 10:43
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Yeah i remember that, when we were trying to decide if he was meant to do it wrong and then Benjamin does it right and makes it look good, but i thought that it was a genuine mess up and then Benjamin thought quickly and did it well. Still not sure though :S
Fri 24/06/05 at 10:47
Regular
"I like cheese"
Agreed, I thought they both carried on the match well from that point, making use of it.

And for once JR and King did their job right, with JR pointing out how disorientated Benjamin was, how he wasn't covering properly etc. Eventually, the good commentary and good work from both wrestlers can be used to explain why Benjamin lost the title, if you will, without making him look weak. In terms of the story of the match, Benjamin was favourite but botched up a high-risk move, and Carlito took advantage.
Fri 24/06/05 at 10:52
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
It makes me wonder whether the suicide dive was a botch up because Benjamin never normally messes up. He is one of the most athletic and precise superstars (Take the money in the bank ladder match at Wrestlemania when he ran up the ladder) So many of the things he does could make mistakes but he always manages to pull them off so a suicide dive is probably pretty easy to him if Mike Awesome can do it i am sure Benjamin can!

It makes me wonder if the "botch-up" was planned to give a good excuse for Benjamin to lose the title because he would never normally lose a title on a RAW show.
If it was planned then the commentators were probably reciting a script that they had been told to sell the title change.
Fri 24/06/05 at 14:33
Regular
"you've got a beard"
The Wardy wrote:
> Yeah i remember that, when we were trying to decide if he was meant to
> do it wrong and then Benjamin does it right and makes it look good,
> but i thought that it was a genuine mess up and then Benjamin thought
> quickly and did it well. Still not sure though :S

exactly, he may have thought fast this time as well.

to clarify, it doesn't matter if Awesome can do a dive over the top, it doesn't matter if Burchill can do a dive over the top rope and it doesn't matter if benjemin can do 1001 athletic moves, sometimes things just happen. Maybe he jumped a little late, maybe he was moving too fast, maybe the central spring wasn't torqued properly. It's very, VERY easy to perform a wrestling move wrong, and even the pros are prone to small errors sometimes.
it's like stalling a car, even people who've been driving for years still do it :)
Fri 24/06/05 at 14:43
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Yeah, have you ever noticed how perfect 99.9% of Benjamins matches are? Me and my mate were talking about it and we were saying how he never makes a mistake (this was just after Wrestlemania) and it made me think, so everytime i watch a Benjamin match i notice how many possible balls-ups there are and how he always seems to do it right.

Thats why i was surprised with the suicide dive because you know how he does the stinger splash and then if someone moves he will jump and land on the top ropes. It is very impressive and that shows the the spring he has in his jumps.

Thats why i am really questioning whether that was a real botch, because he may have left his foot hanging to hit the rope so that it was a fixed-bothch-up, so that it made it look like he was weakened a lot by a move that didnt come off, but really it was just so that he would have an excuse for when he lost the title. Or you never know he could just have had an off day. If it was a fixed botch up he pulled it off well and he carried it on well on the top turnbuckle. The commentators knew that he would lose the title, so i think they were making excuses for him during the match to put across how he was weaker than usual. Hopefully he will get it back at Vengeance anyways.

Its a shame that he loses the title like that though, because he has a match against Edge for the IC title not long ago and Edge beat him up before the match and then the ref goes "are you alright to begin" when Benjamin looked pretty beat down, then Benjamin goes and wins the match, putting him across as extra tough. His title reign had some good matches and its a shame to see him lose it by Carlito holding the ropes.
Fri 24/06/05 at 14:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Indeed, you can perform a move all the time yet there's always that chance something will go wrong every time. I just chanted "You F'd up" a couple of times and carried on watching
Fri 24/06/05 at 14:45
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
It wasn't a fixed botch, you can't be sure how hitting the ropes will affect your ropes so it'd be pretty dumb if he purposely jumped into the top rope considering it could have broken his neck. Accidental botch, end of story. Stick to stealing Sabin's moves Benjamin and leave Awesome's alone :-D
Fri 24/06/05 at 14:54
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
All in all it was a VERY bad night for Benjamin. Lets hope he redeems it at Vengeance.

Who wants who to win that Match? (Benjamin/Carlito) because i know there are some Carlito fans on here! I myself want Benjamin to win.

Who do you want?

TOTAL:

Benjamin: 1 (Wardy)
Carlito: 0
Fri 24/06/05 at 16:01
Regular
"paid, laid and made"
Carlito 2 win

im not a fan

shelton 1
carlito 1

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.