GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Frances The Mute"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/02/05 at 22:41
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Opinions of this album, anyone?

As expected, I don't think it's as good as the first album. I'm not saying it's a bad album (it's better than most things out there) it's just Deloused was such a difficult CD to better.

If your planning to buy Frances then don't expect it to be the same as Deloused. They've made that album already, there's no point in doing it again. Instead it's a much darker, more sinister album with all the things you love from The Mars Volta. There's some truly fantastic songs and some catchy Spanish lyrics mixed in to spice things up a bit more.

The more I listed to it, the more I love it (as with Deloused).
Wed 23/02/05 at 22:41
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Opinions of this album, anyone?

As expected, I don't think it's as good as the first album. I'm not saying it's a bad album (it's better than most things out there) it's just Deloused was such a difficult CD to better.

If your planning to buy Frances then don't expect it to be the same as Deloused. They've made that album already, there's no point in doing it again. Instead it's a much darker, more sinister album with all the things you love from The Mars Volta. There's some truly fantastic songs and some catchy Spanish lyrics mixed in to spice things up a bit more.

The more I listed to it, the more I love it (as with Deloused).
Wed 23/02/05 at 22:52
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Yer.
Wed 23/02/05 at 22:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ach, I'm such a hypocrite.

I love them to pieces and had no idea it was out.

Ach.

*burns arms*

Off I got to Amazon, typing with my teeth..
Wed 23/02/05 at 22:57
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Just came out Monday.
Wed 23/02/05 at 22:59
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Just ordered 3 seconds ago, for £4.97.

I love the people who sell off Amazon. I'm amazed Amazon makes any money at all from their own sales......
Thu 03/03/05 at 14:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
wow.

Incredible.

One problem.

Trying to get the names for each track on my PC (copying it on to my HD), and the FBI HATE ME BECOZ ITS PIRACY!!

So, there are 12 tracks - and those at the end are the constituent parts of Cassandra Gemini. But, there are only 5 'suites', and there are 7 tracks after Cassandra Gemini kicks off. I'm confused.
Thu 03/03/05 at 14:41
"period drama"
It is a bit confusing. I just used iTunes 'get CD track names' and it searches a database then gives you the names back - worked fine.

Except that there's a track called 'Frances the Mute in 13 seconds' which isn't on the back of the case. Which is a bit confusing.

Overall, I think Deloused pwns this. I don't much like the sound of the Spanish lyrics - weel, just the way the language sounds, if you get what I mean.

And the fact it isn't broken up as neatly into seperate nuggets of wonder, as Deloused was, kinda annoys me.
Thu 03/03/05 at 14:43
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I tried that. But no. Gayby FBI (American Import I think) went waa waa

If you could list the 12 tracks, that'd be lovely...

In order, obviously.

And I love the Spanish bits.
Thu 03/03/05 at 14:43
Regular
I aquired Widow a few weeks back and think it's really good. Until about 5 minutes in when it just goes all... weird. Are all their tracks like this, i.e going strange half way through? If so I won't bother buying the album.
Thu 03/03/05 at 14:47
"period drama"
I'm with you there, YH.
I don't much like the Widow after the first 4 minutes or so. As with a lot of it. The wierdness seemed to work better on Deloused.

Although I didn't like Deloused much until I listened to it through aboout 6 times ... so maybe I'll get there in the end.

I'm at college, Cyc, so can't tell you until I get home.
Which isn't 'til about 6.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.