GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Frances The Mute"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/02/05 at 22:41
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Opinions of this album, anyone?

As expected, I don't think it's as good as the first album. I'm not saying it's a bad album (it's better than most things out there) it's just Deloused was such a difficult CD to better.

If your planning to buy Frances then don't expect it to be the same as Deloused. They've made that album already, there's no point in doing it again. Instead it's a much darker, more sinister album with all the things you love from The Mars Volta. There's some truly fantastic songs and some catchy Spanish lyrics mixed in to spice things up a bit more.

The more I listed to it, the more I love it (as with Deloused).
Thu 17/03/05 at 15:06
"period drama"
Some review on Amazon says there's a 10 minute silence or something.
I think his CD player must be broken.
Thu 17/03/05 at 13:49
Regular
From the reviews it was getting I was expecting loads of nothing. But there wasn't.

Stupid fools.
Thu 17/03/05 at 11:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Jesus Christ.

Cygnus Vismund Cygnus has NO weird bits. For 13 minutes.
The first bit of the Widow woesn't, which then goes into weird stuff then into the frankly amazing L'Via L'Viaquez, which eventually goes into very amibent and quet music; not 'weird noises', which then goes into the haunting Miranda, which then explodes into the frankly insane Cassandra Gemini, which goes on for 30 minutes without ANY strange interludes.

FFS, LISTEN to it.
Thu 17/03/05 at 11:39
Regular
"lets go back"
I got this the other day. I've only listened to it once and its really wierd. There are bits that are good but then it has long sections of odd noises.

I doubt i'll listen to it again, so does anyone want to buy it off me?
Wed 16/03/05 at 21:01
"period drama"
I agree there.
You can pretty much dip in and out of Deloused where ever you want, but to hear Frances properly, you've got to go all the way through.

Doesn't really work in its favour.
Wed 16/03/05 at 20:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hmmmmmm..........yeah DITC is better, but not 'pwning'.

The structure of FTM makes it feel far more compacted and limited than it actually is.
Wed 16/03/05 at 20:51
"period drama"
After many, many listens, I still say Deloused pwns this quite easily.
Wed 16/03/05 at 20:39
Now you've all had it for a while, what do you think, better or worse than De-loused?
Wed 16/03/05 at 17:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Like I've said countless times before, they're kinda fills rathe than actual parts of songs, in my view.
Wed 16/03/05 at 15:16
Regular
"Captain to you."
gamesfreak wrote:
> My only gripe with the album is the sheer amount of random 'noise'
> gaps between songs.

They are ok if you fall asleep late at night while the album is on, of course you do suddenly get woken up about 3 mins later.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.