GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do you think of my site?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/12/04 at 00:12
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
If you get a chance, take a look.

I've just finished off a little website prototype I've been toying with:
[URL]http://www.yourtrumps.com/button.php?deck_id=11[/URL] - It is basically a game of trump cards. The unique thing being that users can create their own decks.

As for the technical side, it's PHP, MySQL and Flash. I've tried using a bit of CSS, but as I've been using the old fashioned method of tables and 1x1 spacer gif for so long - why break the habit ;-)

If the link's down or slow, it's because it's on my home pc at the moment.
Wed 05/01/05 at 06:36
Regular
I think I've fixed that - I was messing with the 'reverse' boxes and must have left it a cheaper = better :P

EDIT - yep, now plays on expensive = better. Going to add some more cars later too - and maybe another deck if I have time!
Mon 10/01/05 at 15:37
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Hey Bullet -
I've yet to add the link to the site, but I've made an option to print out the decks that are created:
[URL]http://www.yourtrumps.com/print.php?deck_id=25[/URL] is yours as an example.
IE6 prints best, but you may have to configure your browser to print background images...
(in I.E. choose 'tools', 'internet options...', 'Advanced', scroll down to 'Printing', check 'Print Background Colors and Images'.)
EDIT: Oh and landscape layout.

This way it's possible to print onto stiff paper (or glue onto card) and play with mates instead of just the PC.

What do you think? Does it work for you?
Mon 10/01/05 at 15:41
Regular
Don't have my printer set up right now, but if someone else doesn't mind trying it...
Wed 12/01/05 at 18:57
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
Yay!!! Now other people can see my deck before I release it yet!!!

I'm so happy!!! I wonder who made this one, it scares me along with Gamezville [URL]http://www.yourtrumps.com/print.php?deck_id=17[URL].

MeH.'.'.
Wed 12/01/05 at 23:21
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Yep - that gamesville deck wont go live without a bit of work. Scary indeed!
Your deck is looking great by the way - i'll publish it happily when you think it's ready.

The print option is only a work in progress, so I hadn't looked at security.
I've just added it though. Now only public decks, or private decks owned by the person logged in can be printed - so you can still print yours :-)

The print option actually turned out better than i thought it would... even if it does go a little wierd on the printer using firefox :(
Fri 14/01/05 at 21:38
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
All gamezville stuff scares me :C .

Why'd you have to go and make private decks private for? You spoilt all the fun!!!

And for my next deck, could I possibly request the number id 42? I want to do a H2G2 deck...

My current deck I have run out of ideas... My friend (id 31) recommended a bob the builder one :s. I'm gonna get rid of hooters or scale down stats and I don't know what other bad guys to do...

Ideas would be appreciated.

Oh and if you have bandwidth problems then tis probably my fault as I told all of my class mates and some friends. Haz, flowapotme, ,lottie, danjb, aload of other peeps are all friends of mine...
Fri 14/01/05 at 21:50
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
It comes up better in firefox than in safari :S .

I do not like websites that rely on outdated and old technology. All modern and decent browsers have tabs these days anyway...

If the code purely goes with the w3c rethingies then it sohould work in all browsers. Some outrageous restrictions MAY be ignored if you honestly believe browsers such as omniweb, icab, safari, firefox netscape, aol, etc will be able to handle it then try it. If you get complaints the ohwell...
Sat 15/01/05 at 18:03
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Hmmm other baddies...
There's loads of computer game baddies like Sephiroth in FF7, M Bison in Street Fighter 2 etc. hundreds of those.
Film wise... Agent Smith from the Matrix is my favourite baddy. Jason Vorheese (sp?) in Halloween is pretty evil. The Nazi whos face gets melted at the end of indiana jones and the raiders of the lost ark - can't remember the name.
Ummmmm. There's quite a few I'd pick - let me know if you want more suggestions! A few more cards and you'd have a decent deck there.

With regard to browsers...
I can't test in Safari (which would be ideal as it's what mac users have - is that right?), but I'm pretty happy covering firefox and IE at this stage - which must be 90+% of users.

I'm not a fussy or pretty coder - if I were it would have taken forever to get the site up and running. I believe in getting stuff running as quick as possible - seeing if the ideas work - then I haven't wasted time if it's rubbish. If it's actually pretty good, then I can refine it, add browser support etc. as people ask for it / i get time for it.

The next thing I'm going to add is record holders for each deck. Then there's maybe a forum where people can sound out their ideas. The list of things I want to do is huge... i'll get round to the odd person that browses with netscape in the end - after I've done the good bits :-P

Thanks for spreading the word at your school - and I'm gald you like using it! I'm going to move this to my mates dedicated server in the near future, which will see it have increased speed / up time etc. I'll be able to use my home PC as a test machine then - and I'll probably get less lag on Live too :D
Sat 15/01/05 at 18:09
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Well - the site's upto deck number 40.... so if you get your baddies one published, you can then create 2 new private decks, the second of which will be number 42!

When I put the site 'proper' live though - I'll be encryping the URL string completely, so no-one will know the id anyway - apart from you that is ;-)
Tue 25/01/05 at 18:59
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
I tried, I got 44 issued after 42.

41 was done by my bro, 43 by someother person and 42-no one :(.

MEH.

What exactly do the arrows mean? I tried losing the game and found nothing happened to them :-S...

eh???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.