GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do you think of my site?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/12/04 at 00:12
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
If you get a chance, take a look.

I've just finished off a little website prototype I've been toying with:
[URL]http://www.yourtrumps.com/button.php?deck_id=11[/URL] - It is basically a game of trump cards. The unique thing being that users can create their own decks.

As for the technical side, it's PHP, MySQL and Flash. I've tried using a bit of CSS, but as I've been using the old fashioned method of tables and 1x1 spacer gif for so long - why break the habit ;-)

If the link's down or slow, it's because it's on my home pc at the moment.
Thu 30/12/04 at 00:12
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
If you get a chance, take a look.

I've just finished off a little website prototype I've been toying with:
[URL]http://www.yourtrumps.com/button.php?deck_id=11[/URL] - It is basically a game of trump cards. The unique thing being that users can create their own decks.

As for the technical side, it's PHP, MySQL and Flash. I've tried using a bit of CSS, but as I've been using the old fashioned method of tables and 1x1 spacer gif for so long - why break the habit ;-)

If the link's down or slow, it's because it's on my home pc at the moment.
Thu 30/12/04 at 00:59
Regular
I won!
Thu 30/12/04 at 11:45
Regular
Hey, nice idea. I might even knock up a set later...
Thu 30/12/04 at 12:28
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Hey, nice idea. I might even knock up a set later...

I've had the idea for over a year... only just got round to learning php/flash and putting the time aside to build it.

If you do decide to create a deck, let me know how it goes! You'd be the first (other than me doing a couple of test decks).
Thu 30/12/04 at 12:35
Regular
I'll see how I go tonight. Already got the idea, just got to get the stats etc. :D
Thu 30/12/04 at 13:13
Regular
"Plate of glue"
I just registered. Cool Site!
Thu 30/12/04 at 14:02
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
CGJ14 wrote:
> I just registered. Cool Site!

i couldn't help but take a quick peek at the deck you've started :-D
Looks nice!!
Remember to check 'enable' to get the cards included in the deck (at least 2 need to be enabled - although just 2 cards would be a pretty short game!).

You can play it when you're logged in as yourself for the time being... but when it's finished, click 'submit for public' and i'll put it up for everyone to play.

Make sure you put donkey kong in there ;-)
Maybe you could use the categories Speed or Intelligence - that would make sure Bowser would loose :P

Anyway - thanks for trying it out - if you find anything tricky or comnfusing, let me know and i'll try and fix it.
Thu 30/12/04 at 18:16
Regular
I signed up but cannot make my deck yet as the information I need is harder to come by than I expected!

Could you possibly add support for GIF's?
Thu 30/12/04 at 18:49
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
ßulle†† wrote:
> I signed up but cannot make my deck yet as the information I need is
> harder to come by than I expected!
>
> Could you possibly add support for GIF's?

I'd like to!
When I installed PHP and the graphic libraries, they only supported jpegs. I think a new version with gif support is due shortly (once a patent has expired).

I'll look into it tonight - it definately one of the main improvements I'd like to make.
Thu 30/12/04 at 19:02
Regular
"Bicycle"
Sw33t.

Me like.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.