GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do you think of my site?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/12/04 at 00:12
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
If you get a chance, take a look.

I've just finished off a little website prototype I've been toying with:
[URL]http://www.yourtrumps.com/button.php?deck_id=11[/URL] - It is basically a game of trump cards. The unique thing being that users can create their own decks.

As for the technical side, it's PHP, MySQL and Flash. I've tried using a bit of CSS, but as I've been using the old fashioned method of tables and 1x1 spacer gif for so long - why break the habit ;-)

If the link's down or slow, it's because it's on my home pc at the moment.
Sat 01/01/05 at 13:07
Regular
Heh, cheers Tellah. You may need to look at the prices on the cars though, at lot of them need an extra zero - a Mercedes SLR doesn't cost 31K!

As for making it, it wasn't too hard. I built the cards up then added the pics in later. Took me about 30 minutes in total :D

You could make the deck up to 30 I suppose, 8v8 is fine, but bigger is better!
Sat 01/01/05 at 15:40
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
Wow!!!32 cards!!! YAY!!!

When putting in pictures stretched to fit the bit (you know that space thingy) on the preview the numbers go to the side. Nothing seems to be wrong though when testing it...

One question, when you submit it for the public can you still edit it or does it go to you and you then host it?
Damn it, I know nothing bout cars so Bullets is to hard...

Could you make a multiplayer version of it so thatone could play with friends or family. Not online, but on the same comp.
Sat 01/01/05 at 16:36
Regular
"NULL"
Damn that game is hard when the only card they have left is the Mercialago!
Sat 01/01/05 at 16:49
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
Nimco wrote:
> Damn that game is hard when the only card they have left is the
> Mercialago!
Hey, on my game before I ended up with Dr. Evil from Austin Powers against Sauron with the comp's last card and it went in a loop with mr blobby then dr evil against Sauron again.

The random thing went funny :S .

It just seems ot have a formula for choosing which card comes up.
It doesn't seem to work with each person having certain cards and keeping those cards unless they are lost...
Sat 01/01/05 at 17:11
Regular
"NULL"
Yeah, that's what I found. The comp would always play the card that it had just won from me, leaving me to try to defeat the Mercialago on the last card.
Sat 01/01/05 at 18:46
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
I'm looking at putting multiplayer decks with a meeting lobby in eventually. It's perfectly possible and I've installed and tested a demo flash game with lobby.
In the nearer future though I'll probably add a 'print deck' button, which will format all the cards for printing on A4 stiff paper. That way you can play with mates.

When you submit to public and it's put live, you can still edit your deck. But if you edit it by putting a picture of a pair of hooters in, then I'll probably switch it back to private pretty quick! :P

Nimco wrote:
> Yeah, that's what I found. The comp would always play the card that it
> had just won from me, leaving me to try to defeat the Mercialago on
> the last card.

The way it works, is the winner puts the 2 cards just played to the back of their deck. I've just checked the code, and it always puts the opponents card to the back of the deck first. This looks a bit wierd at the end as you've noticed. I could switch it around - or even randomize the order the 2 cards are put to the back of the deck.
Switching it round might look even stranger, as the same card just used will appear straight away in the same pile when one card is left.

You should definately be keeping your cards unless they are lost though!!

Like Bullett said, bigger is better, so I've upped it to 32 cards by default. You don't have to use them all though.

Thanks to everyone having a go!
Sat 01/01/05 at 18:49
Regular
Bullett - are you sure the Koenigsegg is only 30 odd grand?
:'}
Sat 01/01/05 at 19:06
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
He mentioned that already...
 ßulle†† wrote:
> Heh, cheers Tellah. You may need to look at the prices on the cars
> though, at lot of them need an extra zero - a Mercedes SLR doesn't
> cost 31K!
See :)
Sat 01/01/05 at 21:38
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
> When you submit to public and it's put live, you can still edit your
> deck. But if you edit it by putting a picture of a pair of hooters
> in, then I'll probably switch it back to private pretty quick! :P
Damn it!!!

I take it this is unacceptable, right? [URL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/Socksy/pairofhootersscreenie.png[/URL]
Sat 01/01/05 at 22:11
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Socksy wrote:
> When you submit to public and it's put live, you can still edit your
> deck. But if you edit it by putting a picture of a pair of hooters
> in, then I'll probably switch it back to private pretty quick! :P
> Damn it!!!
>
> I take it this is unacceptable, right?
> [URL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/Socksy/pairofhootersscreenie.png[/URL]

LMAO!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.