GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do you think of my site?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/12/04 at 00:12
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
If you get a chance, take a look.

I've just finished off a little website prototype I've been toying with:
[URL]http://www.yourtrumps.com/button.php?deck_id=11[/URL] - It is basically a game of trump cards. The unique thing being that users can create their own decks.

As for the technical side, it's PHP, MySQL and Flash. I've tried using a bit of CSS, but as I've been using the old fashioned method of tables and 1x1 spacer gif for so long - why break the habit ;-)

If the link's down or slow, it's because it's on my home pc at the moment.
Thu 30/12/04 at 21:52
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I played your little top trumps game, its almost impossible to loose.
Thu 30/12/04 at 22:05
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
:P
It's only a test deck - i knocked it up in about 5 minutes.

I'm looking to add some AI to the computer so that when you lose, it takes over the category selection - that would make it much harder.

Of course, ff you reckon you could create a better deck, have a go ;-)
Fri 31/12/04 at 00:32
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
I like it!
Fri 31/12/04 at 14:34
Regular
Just completed a deck. Try it out - or let me know if it's not showing up!
Fri 31/12/04 at 14:35
Regular
It's about cars BTW
Fri 31/12/04 at 17:20
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
This looks really good but when I tried to register it came up with an error message for mySQL about my password.

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'm me.', now(), 'mypassword')' at line 2

Bullet's card deck game thingy doesn't seem to be in the public list when I click on play :(.
Fri 31/12/04 at 17:26
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
I've worked it out---thee description "I'm me" is not accepted coz of the '.

Could you fix that?
Fri 31/12/04 at 18:06
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
Could you make it so it gets the picture from a URL address because I get most of my pictures from Google or Yahoo image search so rather than me downloading it then deleting it after putting it on the site could there be a bit for a url.

Plz....
Sat 01/01/05 at 02:05
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Just completed a deck. Try it out - or let me know if it's not showing
> up!

Wow!!! Thanks for the huge effort with this one - what an amazing deck!!!
I will make it public - tomorrow guarenteed - but at the moment it doesn't work when I try to get it playing lol.
I'm sure it's just something small, 'cos the cards look fine (more than fine - superb). I'll post back when it's fixed.

I'll definately make it the featured deck on the homepage (as soon as I've fixed the bug!).

Do you think 16 cards is enough? I'm thinking I might up the limit to around 30.

Socksys - I'll look at that bug 2moro too.
Sat 01/01/05 at 02:15
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Cool Bullett's deck is Public and featured on the homepage!!!
The problem was that decks submitted to be reviewed don't work until they are public. doh.

Did you find it easy to create? If there was anything that bothered you, let me know and I'll try and make it easier.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.