GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Everyone is getting called dead"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/06/00 at 15:54
Regular
Okay, there are a lot of the-glass-is half-empty people claiming various consoles to be dead. Heck, they're claiming everything to be dead.
Dream Cast - It hasn't delivered anything worthwhile, and its on-line capabilities are as lame as your face.
(That's a figure of speach, it means they aren't up to much. The alternative, tame as your face, is for something/someone that's supposed to be hard/difficult/aggressive. Please feel free to use these phrases at every possible oppurtunity, and insert other people's names, ie, lame as Ron Perlman's (actor who looks a bit like Chelsea's Gustavo Poyette, was in 'Last Supper', 'Police Academy - Mission To Moscow' etc.) and when playing tennins, it's as lame as your ace)
Anyway, the point is these people are claiming it to be dead before it has had a chance to live.
Play Station 2 - Same kind of thing, although reviews have been bad, nobody can legitimately dis it before they've even played on it, and the good games will take time.
N64 - It hasn't had nearly enough worthwhile games, but the quality was always there, and although it probably isn't actually far from death, at least give it it's glorious last PD days.

Come on, these put downs they receive would have us believe that every console under the sun was as lame as your face on a bad hair day, covered in mud. If that were the case, where would we be now? Chances are we'd be training for the egg and spoon race.
Wed 28/06/00 at 19:46
"Dreamcast hasn't delivered anything worthwhile" was an example of the arguments against the machine, which presumably only you faired to pick up on.
Then I reply to your ramblings to point out that it wasn't what I was saying, but what OTHER (in my view wrong) PEOPLE wre saying and Rod knows why you said anything about that.

Whe I say "not nearly ENOUGH worthwhile games, listing THREE good games isn't a good argument. Three is not a big number.

I would go over the whole reading all the words with some help, but for all the typing it would take, I don't think the words would have any effect.
Wed 28/06/00 at 19:34
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
In your first piece, you said:
"[Dreamcast] It hasn't delivered anything worthwhile, and its on-line capabilities are as lame as your face."

to which my reply was:
"What the hell are u on? Dreamcast hasn't delivered anything good? Of curse it has, where have u been?"

Then you reply that, "[Soup Dragon] didn't say the Dreamcast was pants."

Nor did I... So what are you on? I never said that you wrote about the DC being pants- I simply disagreed with what you said.

As for the N64, you wrote that "it hasn't had nearly enough worthwhile games". In response, I said that you are, "able to play on Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and that new Zelda for next to nothing!" And also said that because it is so cheap it IS worthwhile.

Therefore, you said that the DC hasn't delivered- to which my response was that it had delivered. You also said the N64 didn't have enough games- I said it does. So where have I misquoted you? I know you never said the DC was pants, and nor did I!
Wed 28/06/00 at 12:54
Is there a point to this?

Sorry, I'm a little tetchy because that half-assed clown tried to reply to my piece before without reading all of it, and I just had to put him straight.

Sure, it's a fun way of playing multiplayer when you're on your own, but the high subscription charges and generally slower gameplay make it questionable. Anyway, despite this, I wasn't putting it down myself, I was pointing out the arguments of others against it, despite which, I still think it's a great idea.
Wed 28/06/00 at 12:49
Did I actually say that the Dreamcast was pants? No. Had you read all the words, instead of just a few of them, you would have realised that I was saying this was the argument of a few fools, and was wrong.
Did I say that the N64 was completely useless? Again, No. I said that because of the lack of quality games, this view was formed by some people who didn't really know what they were talking about.

I know it's hard for you, there are lots of long words you don't know the meaning of, but if you ask an adult to help you, I'm sure the two of you can get all the way through with some kind of idea as to what it's all about.
Wed 28/06/00 at 09:49
Regular
On line gaming is a good idea this is the reason why all next generation consoles are introducing it. Please can you tell How much would it cost to Play an internet game foor an hour for an hour. It can't be cheaper than using my PC because I know that my internet access and internet phone calls are completely free so I pay nothing at all and can use the internet as much as I like.
Tue 27/06/00 at 19:02
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
What the hell are u on? Dreamcast hasn't delivered anything good? Of curse it has, where have u been? It has the best racing games (Sega GT, MSR, Ferarri 355), wicked RPGs (Eternal Arcadia, Shenmue), brilliant original games (Jet Set Radio)... GET THE IDEA? And u say that the online stuff is rubbish. The fact is that the DC is the first console to let u surf the net- for a tenth of the price of a PC! Now EVERY DC owner is getting a free copy of Chu Chu rocket- the first online game on any console EVER!

And the N64 isn't bad. Now u can pick up the console for £20, and be able to play on Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and that new Zelda for next to nothing! I might pick one up just to play multiplayer stuff on.
Tue 27/06/00 at 15:54
Okay, there are a lot of the-glass-is half-empty people claiming various consoles to be dead. Heck, they're claiming everything to be dead.
Dream Cast - It hasn't delivered anything worthwhile, and its on-line capabilities are as lame as your face.
(That's a figure of speach, it means they aren't up to much. The alternative, tame as your face, is for something/someone that's supposed to be hard/difficult/aggressive. Please feel free to use these phrases at every possible oppurtunity, and insert other people's names, ie, lame as Ron Perlman's (actor who looks a bit like Chelsea's Gustavo Poyette, was in 'Last Supper', 'Police Academy - Mission To Moscow' etc.) and when playing tennins, it's as lame as your ace)
Anyway, the point is these people are claiming it to be dead before it has had a chance to live.
Play Station 2 - Same kind of thing, although reviews have been bad, nobody can legitimately dis it before they've even played on it, and the good games will take time.
N64 - It hasn't had nearly enough worthwhile games, but the quality was always there, and although it probably isn't actually far from death, at least give it it's glorious last PD days.

Come on, these put downs they receive would have us believe that every console under the sun was as lame as your face on a bad hair day, covered in mud. If that were the case, where would we be now? Chances are we'd be training for the egg and spoon race.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.