GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Play X-Box games on the PS2......seriously"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/04/04 at 04:05
Regular
Had a look round the Playstation forums, and came across this crazy little post. Here is what the idiot said:

"The more technically minded people on this forum will know that the PS2 is actually more efficently made and more powerful than the X-Box, due to risc sets, system architectures etc etc (trust me). So, having an X-Box is preferable to having an X-Box. but the X-Box does have a few pretty smashing games to play, halo being just one. So no-one really wants to pay £300 for an X-Box after buying a perfect PS2. So, you won't be able to play Halo, Project Gotham racing etc. But you will. The Linux kit (available in April) will be capable of writing a program to emulate the X-Box games on a PS2. It will be difficult, but it will work. Of course, the X-Box doesn't have a Linux kit, so this is not possible the other way round. Sorry MS fanboys. So the next time someone says they prefer a X-Box to a PS2 because of a few games, smack them in the face for me...

Long live the PS2!!"

Jeez, just how much more stupid can the country get?
Mon 19/04/04 at 04:05
Regular
Had a look round the Playstation forums, and came across this crazy little post. Here is what the idiot said:

"The more technically minded people on this forum will know that the PS2 is actually more efficently made and more powerful than the X-Box, due to risc sets, system architectures etc etc (trust me). So, having an X-Box is preferable to having an X-Box. but the X-Box does have a few pretty smashing games to play, halo being just one. So no-one really wants to pay £300 for an X-Box after buying a perfect PS2. So, you won't be able to play Halo, Project Gotham racing etc. But you will. The Linux kit (available in April) will be capable of writing a program to emulate the X-Box games on a PS2. It will be difficult, but it will work. Of course, the X-Box doesn't have a Linux kit, so this is not possible the other way round. Sorry MS fanboys. So the next time someone says they prefer a X-Box to a PS2 because of a few games, smack them in the face for me...

Long live the PS2!!"

Jeez, just how much more stupid can the country get?
Mon 19/04/04 at 06:40
Regular
I won't even begin to list the errors in that post...

Did you mean this was from the Official PS forums?

Bloody fanboys...
Mon 19/04/04 at 07:42
Regular
"Time Up"
[URL]http://www.caustik.com/cxbx/download/Cxbx-0.7.8c.zip[/URL] This is an actual Xbox emulator for PC, and it actually works.
Mon 19/04/04 at 08:08
Regular
"\\"
But then alot of PCs are powerfuller than the xbox, meaning it'll be able to handle it.

A few days ago while browsing the new bungie website it actually said something on the lines of "We tried to get Halo to work on the PS2, but it wouldn't work". Heh.
Mon 19/04/04 at 12:02
Regular
"tokyo police club"
The PS2s power is comparable to a toaster.
Mon 19/04/04 at 15:27
Regular
ßulle†† wrote:
> I won't even begin to list the errors in that post...
>
> Did you mean this was from the Official PS forums?
>
> Bloody fanboys...

Yeah, I wanted to see what the prople there thought of the linux dev kit, or indeed, "what it was". A few were considering buying it because it had the amazing hard drive included, even though it wouldn't save PS2 games or anything the mainstream consumer would do with it.

What's unbelieveable is his total belief that it was actually possible; that hardware speaking, the PS2 *is* more powerful than the Xbox, and the total disregard to both using completely different architectures. He then has the stupidity to name drop technical terms.
Mon 19/04/04 at 15:32
Regular
Hehe, I find this funny, but somewhat strange.

The PS2 is not strictly less powerful than the Xbox, not going to get into it, but all I will say that there is no way a PS2 game can run on an Xbox or vice versa without having to be re-written.

In terms of pure power, people always claim that the PS2 sucks, but, Konami disagree.

When re-writing MGS2 for the Xbox, the rain effects on the outdoor section of the game had to be redone, and are not as technically advanced or impressive as the PS2 version, becasue, the Xbox couldn't cope.

The PS2 can be programmed in assembly micro mode, and in the correct hands, people can work wonders with it.
Mon 19/04/04 at 15:36
Regular
"SOUP!"
" So, having an X-Box is preferable to having an X-Box."

Right.
Mon 19/04/04 at 15:39
Regular
": ("
> no-one really wants to pay £300 for an X-Box...Blah blah blah.....

Since when did a Xbox cost £300???
Explain.
Mon 19/04/04 at 16:00
Regular
"\\"
At launch... But then, so did the PS2...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.