GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've had an idea"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/06/00 at 13:17
Regular
Okay, with games getting ever more realistic they're getting close to real life but with sore eyes and higher electricity demands.
So here's the thing, the best 'computer game' of all is basically real life, so with all this post-exam time on my hands, I'm going to go get some exercise. Seeya.
Wed 28/06/00 at 13:17
Okay, with games getting ever more realistic they're getting close to real life but with sore eyes and higher electricity demands.
So here's the thing, the best 'computer game' of all is basically real life, so with all this post-exam time on my hands, I'm going to go get some exercise. Seeya.
Wed 28/06/00 at 19:45
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Hi Soup Dragon... maybe you should read the response I posted to our last "conversation" before you end up looking like a moron again (everything in that piece is actually quoted, so don't disagree with what I quoted you as saying).

Anyway, onto this topic...
I think that one of the main reasons people play computer games is because you can do things that you can't do in real life. For example, could you go to a remote island and kill zombies like in Resident Evil? Could you become the World Champions like in Fifa? Could you invade Russian military bases like in Red Alert? Of course you can't, and that's why games will always have their place. In the future games will probably be more fantasy based, with games like Eternal Arcadia and Phantasy Star going beyond realism into new areas of gaming. Maybe online gaming will also be much more popular as people can interact more over the web.

Basically, what I'm saying is that games will never become just like reality, simply because there's no point. Games allow you to experience things that you can't in real life, and that's the way it's gonna stay.

-Rav
Wed 28/06/00 at 19:48
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
NICE TRY LIZARD BOY BUT IF YOU THINK THAT LIFE IS A GAME YOU NEED ONE HELL OF A SLAP.

THA BEST GAME OF ALL TIME IS TETRIS, NOW I KNOW THIS IS ALMOST AS RIDICULOUS AS YOU MONKEY ASSED EGG AND SPOON MALARCHY BUT HEAR ME OUT...PEOPLE STILL PLAY TETRIS LOADS..AND WITH NEW VERSIONS COMING OUT ALL THE TIME WHO IS GONNA STOP?

THE GAME

BECAUSE I AM THAT DAME GOOD!
Wed 28/06/00 at 19:56
Yes, you can do things in computer games that you can't do in real life, but you can also do things in real life that you can't do on computer games, like have a kick around in the park with your friends, play some basketball or kick back and chill in the sun.
What am I saying? Exactly the same thing as before, which is a tad frustrating, but I'll try to be very very clear so you can get your head aroud it.
There is room for both kinds of activity in life, and when it's a bright warm sunny summer day, the outside and alive side is generally better. Clear about it now? If you're still not, I don't care anymore, I don't appreciate these 'conversations' that never achieve anything, and are oh so repetitively feutile.
As for on line gaming, to go in a whole new direction, if everyone on the game was as irritating as you I can't decide if I'd like to kick all their buts or if I just couldn't be bothered with you all.

Rav wrote:
I am so lame, I am so lame, I'm going to shut up now cos I am so lame.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.