GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Brothers in Arms"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Brothers in Arms'.
Mon 21/03/05 at 14:07
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Just picked this up for 99p courtesy of a highstreet retailer who do all chart games for 99p if you trade in any 4 console games.
Lovely.

Review to follow once I've shot some nazis and done some more elfing...if NTL would sort their blasted connection out.

***EDIT***
Patch available to improve multiplayer from here [URL]http://patches.ubi.com/brothers_in_arms/brothers_in_arms_1.02_us_uk.exe[/URL] 2.9mb
Tue 22/03/05 at 13:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
hence the /geek

Hey, we're all obsessed

:(
Tue 22/03/05 at 13:35
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Cycloon wrote:
> Have you got the Elite Quests from the Dwarven Quarter in Stormwind?
> For the Deadmines in Westfall?

Ahahahahaahaha etc.
Tue 22/03/05 at 00:16
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Goatboy wrote:
> WoW
> Lv21 Hunter now with Eagle-Eye that lets me view 500000 metres away
> (yep you read that right) and a buncha other tricks.

Just wait till you get Feign Death. The other day I used it to trick an Alliance who thought she'd killed me, then I waited until she wasted all her Manna trying to magic death my pet before standing up, taking a quick swig of health potion and getting my revenge. Most satisfying online kill, ever.

And Brothers in Arms really is one of the finest tactical shooters I've ever played, certainly allot more fun than killing thousands of stupid suicidal German soldiers. You can even command tanks about, I was using one yesterday to charge Germans machine gun nests while I and a squad of other troops went around and flanked them before charging through a field being pelted by mortar fire to kill a tank.

Kicks the ass of Medal of Honour and Call of Duty anyway.
Mon 21/03/05 at 22:40
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Brothers in Arms.
Superb. Mixes the atmosphere of Call of Duty with the simple tactics of...er...a not rubbish Rainbox Six. Sort of.
I've only done the 1st two missions and been allowed to command one guy, but I think they're going to get angry because I keep (by accident) telling him to try and gunbutt machine-gun emplacements or men a long long way away.
They swear quite a bit too, which surprised me.

WoW
Lv21 Hunter now with Eagle-Eye that lets me view 500000 metres away (yep you read that right) and a buncha other tricks.
I've arrived at the perfect combination of gaming - NTL suck from 11am-4pm when they mess around with it whilst most people are at work.
So I can play Bros in Arms during that time.
And evenings I can WoW, apart from evenings when mate comes over when we'll play Mercenaries.
And once I've done Bros in Arms & Mercs, I'll get into KOTORII.

Except when Splinter Cell 3 is released.
Damnit, too many games.
Mon 21/03/05 at 21:26
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Everyone is much higher level than me, which sucks.
The only solution to this is to play non-stop this week.
Mon 21/03/05 at 21:13
Regular
"relocated"
I like how everything turns into something about WoW. Today I was walking along the street with my girlfriend, saw a feather on the ground and thought "I need that to make a pair of gloves". Oh dear.

Van Cleef was fun: first instance I did. There was five of us and we kicked a whole lot of pirate butt. I think annoyed my teamates by accidentally rolling for a blue ring that gave me +5 intellect and winning it - then realising it was soulbound and I was a rogue.
Mon 21/03/05 at 20:40
Regular
"\\"
This topic is about WoW now isn't it?

I can't really tell.

Help :(
Mon 21/03/05 at 18:43
Regular
:D Damn right.
Mon 21/03/05 at 18:37
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Prison Riot????
Man, everytime I think I've done something cool - somebody else has to dangle a new treasure in my face.

*fires up WoW*
Buggerit
Mon 21/03/05 at 18:33
Regular
Cycloon wrote:
"Van Cleef is a great Q - leads to another Elite Instance in Stormwind."

That one is scaring me. I'll give you all a shout before I even go near it.

Going into a prison riot makes me feel like Batman.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.