GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHT THE N64 HAS THE EDGE OVER PSX"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/06/00 at 19:58
Regular
VERBAL ABUSE HAS BEEN HURLED BETWEEN PEOPLE EVEN FRIENDS OVER WHICH CONSOLE IS THE BETTER OF THESE TWO...WELL I WILL SHOW YOU WHY N64 IS BETTER

GRAPHICS...'THE PSX HAS SQUARE GRAPHICS' IS NOT ENOUGH TO WIN OVER THE ARGUEMENT...THE REAL REASON IS BECAUSE THE PSX USES LOADS OF 2D LIKE GRAPHICS TO PUT OVER A '3D' LOOK,...THIS IS NOTICED BY MANY PEOPLE...NOW THE GRAPHICS ON THE NINTENDO USE A DIFFERENT AMOUNT OF MEMORY AND SO THE GAME PRODUCERS ARE ABLE TO EXPAND THEIR GAME'S LOOK.

TAKE WWF ATTITUDE...THE N64 VERSION WAS ONLY 'POOR' BECAUSE THE COMPANY...ACCLAIM DID NOT WANT TO PUT A BETTER GAME OUT FOR ONE THAN THE OTHER...SO THE N64 VERSION DID NOT GET AS FAR AS I COULD THANKS TO FAIRNESS!!!

THE GAME

BECAUSE I AM THAT DAMN GOOD
Wed 28/06/00 at 19:58
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
VERBAL ABUSE HAS BEEN HURLED BETWEEN PEOPLE EVEN FRIENDS OVER WHICH CONSOLE IS THE BETTER OF THESE TWO...WELL I WILL SHOW YOU WHY N64 IS BETTER

GRAPHICS...'THE PSX HAS SQUARE GRAPHICS' IS NOT ENOUGH TO WIN OVER THE ARGUEMENT...THE REAL REASON IS BECAUSE THE PSX USES LOADS OF 2D LIKE GRAPHICS TO PUT OVER A '3D' LOOK,...THIS IS NOTICED BY MANY PEOPLE...NOW THE GRAPHICS ON THE NINTENDO USE A DIFFERENT AMOUNT OF MEMORY AND SO THE GAME PRODUCERS ARE ABLE TO EXPAND THEIR GAME'S LOOK.

TAKE WWF ATTITUDE...THE N64 VERSION WAS ONLY 'POOR' BECAUSE THE COMPANY...ACCLAIM DID NOT WANT TO PUT A BETTER GAME OUT FOR ONE THAN THE OTHER...SO THE N64 VERSION DID NOT GET AS FAR AS I COULD THANKS TO FAIRNESS!!!

THE GAME

BECAUSE I AM THAT DAMN GOOD
Wed 28/06/00 at 20:15
the arguments been had a million times and nobody listened to the other side
talk about 2d graphics and memory is never going to tempt ps owners to the other end of the market
Thu 29/06/00 at 11:19
You make a very poor argument indeed. Firstly, the N64 has so few really decent titles most of us N64 owners are gasping for quality, which usually comes in the form of a rehashed sequel like perfect dark or zelda mask of majora. I'm all for playstation bashing, but your comments about the N64's graphics are ludicrous. watery filtered textures, big blocks of colour and abysmal frame rates do not a top console make. The playstation may have pretty tired graphics in comparison with the DC and PSY (or psx2 as some call it) but we have to bear in mind that the system is five years old now. Without the playstation we wouldn't have had the RPG revolution of 1997 thanks to FFVII. We'd have no Resident Evil series, no home conversions of the Tekken series, and quite likely the Dreamcast would be missing soul calibur. (are we forgetting that was a sequel to a playstation game?).
Personally I'm a Dreamcast and playstation 2 fan, but I also own an N64 and playstation. We owe a lot to the Playstation, more than we'll realise until years to come. Without SONY though, most of the people adding to this site would be considered 'geeks'. Theres something to think about.
Del the Dream
Fri 30/06/00 at 20:09
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Yeah I get what you mean, but also when you play a playstation and you own just a N64 it seems really easy to complete, most games fit what I'm saying, whereas when many playstation owners play a N64 they take along time to get a couple of points on the game, I will give you an example, I played my mates Playstation with him the other day I playedTwisted Metal this was damn easy and I beat him most of the time but when he played me on Goldeneye he had the biggest amount of health and the best weapons yet I still whooped him, this happens with most games, it took me a whole month to complete Zelda, but it takes a weekend to complete any PSX game they have such an easy learning curve it boring, infact you might as well take it back after you complete it and say that "when I opened the box there was a scratch on the Cd, I was so angry I then I came straight back here".
N64s have value for money, you all think that they don't bring out enough good games, but many of you will think that Diddy Kong Racing is made for children, if you play it then you will find it would not be possible to be completed by someone under 10 years old.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.