GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Newbie mySQL help required"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/04/04 at 12:12
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I've just started learning PHP for a new web project I'm working on, and it needs to database driven. So far, I've managed to connect and retrieve records from an Access database, all being hosted on my machine.

Now I've heard lots about PHP and mySQL being used together, and can find plenty of info on PHP but very little on mySQL. Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent website to find out how to get a mySQL database up and running? What sort of software do I require to construct a mySQL database?

As you can see, I've barely scratched the surface of this area of IT, but any help at all would be greatly appreciated! :)
Fri 16/04/04 at 15:27
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Thanks for the input there Phillip. :)

EDIT: And Miserableman. :)
Fri 16/04/04 at 15:14
Regular
"bing bang bong"
There is a pretty swish tutorial on webmonkey:

[URL]http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/programming/php/tutorials/tutorial4.html[/URL]
Fri 16/04/04 at 13:28
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
www.apachefriends.org

Go there, click on the English flag at the top and download Xampp. That allows you to run a server on your home PC, it come with MySQL and PHP pre installed (along with other wonderful stuff.)

However if you have access to an online server that supports MySQL and PHP you may as well use that.

http://www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/phpmysql

That's the best tutorial I can find, I think it was the one that I used.
Fri 16/04/04 at 12:12
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I've just started learning PHP for a new web project I'm working on, and it needs to database driven. So far, I've managed to connect and retrieve records from an Access database, all being hosted on my machine.

Now I've heard lots about PHP and mySQL being used together, and can find plenty of info on PHP but very little on mySQL. Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent website to find out how to get a mySQL database up and running? What sort of software do I require to construct a mySQL database?

As you can see, I've barely scratched the surface of this area of IT, but any help at all would be greatly appreciated! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.