GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half life 2 Story info needed!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half Life 2'.
Tue 22/03/05 at 08:23
Regular
"Tag This."
I'm part way through HL2, so no plot spoilers please!

I've done HL1 back in the day, and my question is thus:

Where and what was Gordon doing inbetween the end of HL1 and the beginning of HL2?

I can't find this explained anywhere, and background story info seems rather sparse.

Cheers.
Wed 23/03/05 at 12:29
Regular
Gordon was awoken once before HL2 to do the Redemtion missions.
Wed 23/03/05 at 11:50
Regular
"serenity now!"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> [URL]http://fragfiles.org/~hlstory/timeline.htm[/URL]

Ooh, nice.
Wed 23/03/05 at 08:45
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
[URL]http://fragfiles.org/~hlstory/timeline.htm[/URL]
Wed 23/03/05 at 08:16
Regular
"Tag This."
I'd found out that the portals had appeared all over earth, which explains the headcrab infestation. Also it seems that the Vortigon (sp?) were set free when Nilanth (again, sp?) was killed at the end of HL1, which is why we are now friends with them, but the Combine still enslave them (and us).
Tue 22/03/05 at 17:35
Regular
"Hello, Mr Freeman!"
I do also know this.

When the Black Mesa accident began, portals started to open (as you well know). The portals started opening in the Black Mesa facility, and then carried on moving outwards. When the facility was destroyed (and Gordon was put into stasis), it didn't actually stop, and eventually the whole of Earth exprienced the portals.

Also, the combine, just appeared. Apparently, massive holes would appear, where the citadels would appear. Out of the citadels, floods of combine soldiers would appear.

That's all I know at the moment.
Tue 22/03/05 at 15:03
Regular
"Captain to you."
once you play it through it is a bit clearer, but it helps to read all the posters on the walls and newspapers all over the place in the game and you get a better idea of whats happening.
Tue 22/03/05 at 14:59
Regular
"Tag This."
Ok, cheers for the info! That explains why I know nothing of the 7 hour war and such, just a pity it wasn't more clear.
Tue 22/03/05 at 13:50
Regular
Mmmmm Half life 2....
Tue 22/03/05 at 13:13
Regular
"Hello, Mr Freeman!"
Yep.

At the end of Hald Life, The G-Man gave him the option to either die or work for him. Obviously, the sequel is assuming that you choose the latter option.
The G-Man put Gordon in stasis until he needed him again.
Tue 22/03/05 at 08:38
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
He was in limbo. "Rise and shine Mr Freeman. Your time has come again."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.