GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Soup Dragon: The N64 has produced plenty of good games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/06/00 at 10:54
Regular
You must be joking the N64 has produced plenty of good games:
Here's a list of some brilliant N64 Games.

1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Diddy Kong Racing
3. Donkey Kong 64
4. F-zero X
5. Goldeneye
6. Jet Force Gemini
7. Legend of Zelda
8. Mario Golf
9. Mario Kart
10. Perfect Dark (Out tommorrow)
11. Shadowman
12. Snowboard Kids
13. Super Mario 64
14. Super Smash Bros.
15. Turok 2

These are really the best games in my opinion but you are still left with plenty of other good games. Such as

Body Harvest, Duke Nukem: Zero Hour, Extreme G, Fifa games (excluding 64), Gauntlet Legends, Goemen, International T&F,ISS (I think these are slightly worse than Fifa games), Lylat Wars,Mario Party, Micro Machines, Mission Impossible,NBA Courtside, Pilotwings (is popular but i don't like it much.)Pokemon Stadium (if you are quite young or into that kind of thing),Rainbow 6,Res evil,Turok:Rage wars,Wave Race,Worms,Wrestlemania 2000 (the only good N64 wrestling game I think). Yoshis story (is also very popular).

The N64 has some very good games and has had its fair share of dodgy games but on the whole the quality of games tends to be better on the N64, than other Consoles currently released.
Thu 29/06/00 at 19:58
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Soup Dragon has got it totally right. The N64 has some great games, and with the cheap second hand price it's totally worth picking them up for nothing. However, the peron who said the N64 has the edge on games is horribly wrong. The PSX has far more games than the N64, and although enevitably some of them are bad, I could also say that alot more are good.

In your list of games, you basically put every not bad n64 game. For each one I could give you 2 or 3 better ones on the PSX. I'll take a few examples:

1. Banjo-Kazooie: this is a bit kiddy, but Crash Bandicoot 1,2and 3 are all acceptable. Sonic on DC
2. Diddy Kong Racing- Crash team Racing is a rip off of this game, but as the mags and games site agree, the PSX copy is better. In addition, the N64 has no realistic racers, the PSX has Gran Turismo, and 4 Ridge Racers. DC is getting Metropolis and Sega GT, along with Ferarri 355 to follow!
3. Donkey Kong 64: Nice of Nintendo to force you to buy an expansion pack... I can't think of a version on the PSX, but then can you think of an eqivalent of Gran Turismo? Sonic on the DC again, but these are different genres kinda.
4. F-zero X: Extreme G first came out on the PSX. Not to forget Wipeout 1,2 and 3. Although 3 didn't sell well, it was one hell of a games.Trickstyle on DC
5. Goldeneye- Now you're talking... easily the best multiplayer game on a console at the moment, and one of the best reasons for the console! Lokk out of rHalf life, Quake 3 and other DC FPS online stuff.
6. Jet Force Gemini: This is a good game? Okay, it was fun- but MDK on the PSX came out years ago, and was just as good at the time.MDK2 is on DC.
7. Legend of Zelda- Final Fantasy 7 and 8 (now 9). These games are far bigger than the N64 game, and they have movie sequences. Oh- and why did zelda take so long to make even though it's so short. Shenmue on DC is the most realistic game ever, and other RPGs are looking good.
8. Mario Golf: This is good????? It's a kid's game. Anyway, the PSX has loads of more realistic golf games. None maybe as fun, but it golf!!!
9. Mario Kart- See Diddy Kong Racing
10. Perfect Dark (Out tommorrow): Finally- a game I cannot challenge. Along with Goldeneye and to an extend Zelda, this is one of the big 3.
11. Shadowman: Out on every console under the sun! Resident Evil is also fun (code:Veronica on the DC is the best so far, but the PS2 version will be better still!)
12. Snowboard Kids: Tony Hawks on the PSX, and other extreme sports stuff. JET SET RADIO ON DREAMCAST IS AMAZING!
13. Super Mario 64: Another game i cannot argue with
14. Super Smash Bros.: Soul Blade (or Calibur on DC). Tekken?
15. Turok 2: Sequal is coming on Dreamcast.

Before u say i am biased towards Sony, I hate them- they wrecked the industry (although put more money in it). I used to own an N64, but now have a DC, and am very impressed with it.

Rav
Thu 29/06/00 at 16:52
First, Del is absolutely right, this is GOOD games, not not-too-bad games.

The good ones (bearing in mind that I don't go for the kid's stuff or the really easy stuff - it doesn't last long enough to be above average);
Mario 64
Zelda
Lylat Wars
Goldeneye
Rainbow 6 (just about makes it)
Perfect Dark (taking it on faith, but it's a pretty safe bet)
Donkey Kong (barely)

7 games isn't a lot after so many years.
Thu 29/06/00 at 11:23
You can't just name ever N64 title that wasn't totally awful. If I did that with the Playstation I'd be there all day! here's your list with the tripe games taken out:

> You must be joking the N64 has produced plenty of good games:
> Here's a list of some brilliant N64 Games.
>
>
> 2. Diddy Kong Racing
> > 5. Goldeneye
> > 7. Legend of Zelda
> 9. Mario Kart
> 10. Perfect Dark (Out tommorrow)
> > 13. Super Mario 64
> >
> These are really the best games in my opinion but you are still
> left with plenty of other good games. Such as
>
> ISS. Yoshis story (is also very
> popular).
>
I think the dreamcast actually has the edge in terms of percentage of games that are actually any good, maybe because there aren't that many games yet, but more likely because games won't sell billions regardless of quality as they do on the playstation, so developers are actually trying.
Thu 29/06/00 at 10:54
Regular
You must be joking the N64 has produced plenty of good games:
Here's a list of some brilliant N64 Games.

1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Diddy Kong Racing
3. Donkey Kong 64
4. F-zero X
5. Goldeneye
6. Jet Force Gemini
7. Legend of Zelda
8. Mario Golf
9. Mario Kart
10. Perfect Dark (Out tommorrow)
11. Shadowman
12. Snowboard Kids
13. Super Mario 64
14. Super Smash Bros.
15. Turok 2

These are really the best games in my opinion but you are still left with plenty of other good games. Such as

Body Harvest, Duke Nukem: Zero Hour, Extreme G, Fifa games (excluding 64), Gauntlet Legends, Goemen, International T&F,ISS (I think these are slightly worse than Fifa games), Lylat Wars,Mario Party, Micro Machines, Mission Impossible,NBA Courtside, Pilotwings (is popular but i don't like it much.)Pokemon Stadium (if you are quite young or into that kind of thing),Rainbow 6,Res evil,Turok:Rage wars,Wave Race,Worms,Wrestlemania 2000 (the only good N64 wrestling game I think). Yoshis story (is also very popular).

The N64 has some very good games and has had its fair share of dodgy games but on the whole the quality of games tends to be better on the N64, than other Consoles currently released.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.