GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats the point???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/06/00 at 20:21
Regular
What's the point in these arguements?
The PS2, DC, Dolphin and X-box will be virtually the same.
Okay, the specs may be different, but are we a society of techno-boffs, or do we want to judge them on what they look, play and feel like.
People argue over the better developer, Sony, Sega or Nintendo. The truth is, you can't really compare. Many people who did work for Sony now work for nintendo and vice-versa. The company is made up of different parts each with different people working on them. Each one of these people is the same as the next, so apart from the name these developers are no different.
The Nintendo 64 and Ps obviously have different games, but look and play the same.
Also, game developers like rare and Big Ape are made up in the same way. Some of them even make cross-format games.
So really, the hardware is the same. Maybe it has a few extra polygons per second, or a higher resoloution, but will this really affect the way things play, or just sound better on paper?
The only way to settle these arguments is to wait till they are all out, and play each one in the same room together.
So until then, I am not going to argue who or what is best.
Fri 30/06/00 at 18:56
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Superboff has a good point, but is missing one key issue. At the end of the day it is the games that matter. However, the quality of the games depends on Hardware, so that's why it's brought up so often. Take the saturn for example. It was made by one of the 2 best console makers in the world at the time but failed due to its complex architecture (ie. the double chip set was too hard to allow 3D graphics easily).

Also, Superboff was saying that you can't compare between Sega Sony and Nintendo. But you can compare between consoles very easily. The N64 has very few titles and a few very good quality ones. The PS on the other hand has loads of titles with more good ones overall (but not as many epic Zelda style stuff). The point is that you can, and indeed MUST compare consoles when you're making a decision on which is the best to buy. Okay, so the games are different, but then what's the point if they're all the same?

BNut Superboff has made a point that I go on about time and time again... WAIT TILL THE PS2 IS OUT BEFORE YOU COMPARE IT WITH OTHER CONSOLES!
Thu 29/06/00 at 20:26
Regular
Games are not all the same there is a great variation in quality and appearence as well as gameplay. Also Rare are undeniably the best developer of games at the moment and all their games have been of very high quality.
Thu 29/06/00 at 20:21
What's the point in these arguements?
The PS2, DC, Dolphin and X-box will be virtually the same.
Okay, the specs may be different, but are we a society of techno-boffs, or do we want to judge them on what they look, play and feel like.
People argue over the better developer, Sony, Sega or Nintendo. The truth is, you can't really compare. Many people who did work for Sony now work for nintendo and vice-versa. The company is made up of different parts each with different people working on them. Each one of these people is the same as the next, so apart from the name these developers are no different.
The Nintendo 64 and Ps obviously have different games, but look and play the same.
Also, game developers like rare and Big Ape are made up in the same way. Some of them even make cross-format games.
So really, the hardware is the same. Maybe it has a few extra polygons per second, or a higher resoloution, but will this really affect the way things play, or just sound better on paper?
The only way to settle these arguments is to wait till they are all out, and play each one in the same room together.
So until then, I am not going to argue who or what is best.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.