GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, what movies are you looking forward to?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/04/04 at 07:26
Regular
A bit bored this morning, forum is dead and I'm not far off.

In order to keep my brain functioning adequately, I'll list the upcoming movies of 2004 I'm waiting for.

Hellboy
Kill Bill Volume 2
Secret Window
Shrek 2 :D
Spìderman 2 :P
The Day After Tomorrow
The Chronicles of Riddick
Troy
Van Helsing
Walking Tall (not too bothered about this, but the trailer looked OK)
Er, that's all I can think of for now!

That's a lot of moolah, considering I pay for my girlfriend too :S

Lets see, £5.50 a ticket, times 2 = £11...

That's at least £110, excluding refreshments! I wish our cinemas did those funky UCI-style unlimited passes :(

what are you lot looking forward to then?
Wed 14/04/04 at 13:39
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cub!st wrote:
> It's a Stephen King Novel isn't it?

Oh, I didn't realise that. If it's a suspense movie, the only really effective one thats been adapted is "Misery"

The adaptations of his drama are all pretty solid, but the majority of horror adaptations *suck* IMHO. Oh, apart from "The Shining"
Wed 14/04/04 at 13:38
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Cub!st wrote:
> It's a Stephen King Novel isn't it? and most of his novels that have
> been converted into films are sweeeeeeet.

I'd say that besides The Shining and The Shawshank Redemption, pretty much all the movies, direct to video movies and TV programmes based on Stephen King’s novels have been guff. Stephen King himself even had the cheek to say that the TV remake of the Shining was better than the film, which is an insult of the highest degree.
Wed 14/04/04 at 13:31
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
It's a Stephen King Novel isn't it? and most of his novels that have been converted into films are sweeeeeeet. Take IT for example. I liked the first part of that. The one when they are all kids? I didn't care for the one when they're all adults in part two but the first one rules.
Wed 14/04/04 at 13:26
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
And I thought that Secret Window looked really poo.
Wed 14/04/04 at 13:24
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
See SotD. Now.
Wed 14/04/04 at 13:23
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Shaun Of The Dead (still have to see it!)
Kill Bill Volume 2
Shrek 2
Secret Window
$piderman 2
Van Helsing
The Day After Tomorrow
Resident Evil: Apocolypse (sp?)
Wed 14/04/04 at 12:50
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
I've seen Hellboy. Overrated :(
Wed 14/04/04 at 12:39
Regular
"\\"
The day after tommorow - Saw a trailer while looking for something on ign... Looks pretty good as it looks like the chance of surviving is none for everyone. Heh

Resident Evil 2 - Most definitely better than the first... It's in the streets.

Shrek 2 - My dad loved the first one, so did i
Wed 14/04/04 at 12:39
Regular
The Incredibles
Cars
Shrek 2
Oceans 12
Blade Trinity
Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban
Dodgeball
Meet the Fokers
Van Helsing
Kill Bill 2
The Lady Killers
Troy

Ummmmmmm can't think of anymore right now
Wed 14/04/04 at 12:36
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The films I want to see next, in no order because I don't know some of their release dates:

Kill Bill Vol. 2 - Loved the original so I was always going to see the sequel regardless.

Val Halsing - Could be good, could be bad, it's got a great premise but then it is directed by the same guy responsible for The Mummy Returns. I also think the trailer showed a little too much, I worry that there may not be much left to see.

Troy - I'm a sucker for big historical type epics, and I love huge battle scenes. I don't care much for the story, mainly because I have to put up with the likes of Orlando Bloom and Brad Pitt, but just so long as it delivers the violence I'll be happy.

The Day After Tomorrow - I like disaster movies, and it's been a while since I've seen a decent one. This is looking good, some nice special effects and plenty of cities getting torn to pieces. Destruction is What I watch disaster movies for and this looks like it'll deliver in that area.

Other movies, coming out later in the year that I want to see include:
The Chronicles of Riddick
Aliens Vs Predator
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
The Punisher
Hellboy
Blade 3: Trinity
The Bourne Supremacy
Resident Evil 2 (maybe)
I, Robot

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.