GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Son of a...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/03/05 at 05:49
Regular
"8==="
I now know why we get so many people asking for help on games here.

Usually I can find a walkthrough for a game I'm stuck on easily enough on IGN or gamespot. Unfortunately some little tard has manged to write the only walkthrough available and copied it over to, what appears to be, every freaking site on the net (yes including gamespot/gamefaqs).

Normally I wouldn't have a problem with this however: This walkthrough is complete balls.

So I decide to dig a little further: every fifth link is a link back to, you've guessed it, IGN and this crappy walkthrough or opt for the chance to fill IGN's pockets to get their walkthrough. Not a chance IGN it'll be a cold day in hell before I give you ANY money.

I find some promising independent looking sites and a few clicks alter I'm back at, yep, IGN.

Further on and I have the option to purchase (ha ha) a guide or phone up some extortionate padeophile supporting cheat agency in Morocco at £5.50 a minute to be told they haven't got anything anyway.

A few clicks later and I'm back at IGN.

I hope the next person I meet from IGN doesn't take offence when I punch him full in the face.

I love technology: 72 different ways to get something completely useless from different sources. Genius.

Finally found one.
Sat 24/09/05 at 01:36
Regular
I want to see this walkthrough for myself.
What's the game?

I found some amazing FAQs for FF7.
I was quite surprised at how stupidly useless 99% of the No Mercy ones were.
Sun 18/09/05 at 06:17
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
Sorry, what game is this for?
Fri 25/03/05 at 00:04
Regular
"8==="
However I went back there and found another two walkthroughs squirreled away. :D
Thu 24/03/05 at 21:40
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Unfortunately some little tard has managed to write the only walkthrough
> available and copied it over to, what appears to be, every freaking site
> on the net (yes including gamespot/gamefaqs).
>
> This> walkthrough is complete balls.

Read, young FFF, before you post.
Thu 24/03/05 at 21:29
"period drama"
Videos here:
[URL]http://www.gametrailers.com[/URL]

Walkthroughs here:
[URL]http://www.gamefaqs.com[/URL]

Simple.
Wed 23/03/05 at 10:11
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I was once tempted to purchase IGN insider - the video reviews are a pretty sweet way to spend and afternoon if you just want mindless entertainment. Unfortunately, theyre the only equivalent ofthe gaming section of a men's magazine - utter balls. Only they decided to make a whole site out of it.

Personally, I quite enjoy reading their reviews (but I enjoy reading most reviews), but they're hardly challenging. I remember reading a review of Tony Hawk's Underground which completely slated everything about the game for 3 pages, up until the last paragraph. Then they said something about it being a pretty good game and gave it a 9 or something.

It's not like there's a better alternitive, either...
Wed 23/03/05 at 05:49
Regular
"8==="
I now know why we get so many people asking for help on games here.

Usually I can find a walkthrough for a game I'm stuck on easily enough on IGN or gamespot. Unfortunately some little tard has manged to write the only walkthrough available and copied it over to, what appears to be, every freaking site on the net (yes including gamespot/gamefaqs).

Normally I wouldn't have a problem with this however: This walkthrough is complete balls.

So I decide to dig a little further: every fifth link is a link back to, you've guessed it, IGN and this crappy walkthrough or opt for the chance to fill IGN's pockets to get their walkthrough. Not a chance IGN it'll be a cold day in hell before I give you ANY money.

I find some promising independent looking sites and a few clicks alter I'm back at, yep, IGN.

Further on and I have the option to purchase (ha ha) a guide or phone up some extortionate padeophile supporting cheat agency in Morocco at £5.50 a minute to be told they haven't got anything anyway.

A few clicks later and I'm back at IGN.

I hope the next person I meet from IGN doesn't take offence when I punch him full in the face.

I love technology: 72 different ways to get something completely useless from different sources. Genius.

Finally found one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.