GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A lesson to fellow cheap ass people out there..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/03/05 at 15:41
Regular
Never EVER buy a £5 memory card. Mr RE4 data and Code Veronica data just got completely wiped today and i'm so miffed.

Damn cheapness...
Thu 24/03/05 at 13:14
Regular
"Plate of glue"
My crap memory cards have never wiped on me. I did have a 'Game on' memory card once. It cam up with 'Corrupted memory card' All I did was take it out the G a m e C u b e and bingo! It woked.
Thu 24/03/05 at 12:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I've still got my Datel 16mb from launch.

Never failed.
Thu 24/03/05 at 11:45
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Never? I've probably got about half-a-dozen of them stacked away somewhere, all thanks to SR and their (old-style) Free Gifts.

That's not to say I actually use them though - I always stick by the originals. But these come in handy when a friend or someone - especially the little kid next door - wants the taste of your games but you don't want to risk your precious data in his baby-like hands... :S

Saying all this, though, I did intentionally purchase an unofficial 4mb card solely for ISS 2/FIFA 2003 at one point due to each games sheer card-stealing size... And, for about two years now, ALL of my Winning Eleven 6 data remains safely on a 64mb Logic 3 card, now I think about it. :)

I believe those cheaper 4mb cards were made by Joytech, if memory serves me right.
Thu 24/03/05 at 09:35
Regular
"8==="
I bought a large blue 4mb one for my old cube and that never failed.

Looked like it was pregnant though.
Thu 24/03/05 at 09:27
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I'm SO glad that I went all out and bought an official Nintendo one.

May have cost me about £20, but, my god, at least i have save files.
Thu 24/03/05 at 09:20
Regular
"8==="
Never buy Blaze cards either.

That goes for the N64 Blaze paks too, which I bought from dodgy old SR.
Wed 23/03/05 at 19:35
Regular
"Remember me?"
Ha. Miffed.
Wed 23/03/05 at 19:13
Regular
"the burning sky"
Fortunately my two 8Mb ones have never died on me, but I was lucky to have a free 4Mb official one. Went to buy a second hand official controller, and inside the box was the memory card, and no-one had labelled the box to say it came with it :P
Wed 23/03/05 at 19:05
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Unofficial products are a dangerous business. Evidently the extra price for a Nintendo card is worth it.
Wed 23/03/05 at 16:56
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Never heard of them. :S Which is probably why! :D

If you want cheap, Game have never done me wrong, although 4Gamers and Logic3 are good too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.