GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Corrupted Games Programmes"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/07/00 at 11:47
Regular
This is really starting to annoy me now, whenever I watch a games programme on TV its always about the Playstation or the ps2, I don't care about them, many people do but there are two other excellent systems out, for example I watched Bits on channel 4 last night and they didn't stop saying how good the PS2 was, everyone that has played one has said how bad it is and how it is worse than the dreamcast, they listed about five games and showed one and they were crying about how they didn't have one yet!! this is stupid!! there is never a review on the N64's greatest game: perfect dark even when they say there is, and they don't even think about the Dreamcast!! what is happeneing has Sony bought every programme there is for gaming what will ever happen, Sony spend all their money on advertising and make the consumer forfeit when they buy their tacky machines and a year later it falls apart. Nintendo have old fashioned values, they make the Buyer first priority and themselves sencond.
can someone tell me if im wrong, and this is just because Nintendo and Sega have no games which are mentionable?? If a Playstation owner answers this, keep it reasonable, no complete sony talk something that we care about or can answer to, not Sony's the best thats why they don't mention Nintendo and Sega, because they can never compete with the great Sony!! because I can't handle your laim comments, ok?
Sat 01/07/00 at 18:22
Regular
I can't be bothered to stay up late watching bits either. But I do sometimes watch the sunday morning one if there is nothing better to do.
Sat 01/07/00 at 17:04
If you're going to stay up for the late night tv, and watch bits, you have to bear in mind thatnext to some of the late night shows, bits is still something of a diamond in the rough. What is better on the late night tv circuit than bits?
I'll tell you;
Players (provided you're in the right ITV region to get it)
Renegade
Still in Bed With MeDinner (Bob Mills)
Prey (possibly better)
The Strip (not to be confused with The Trip (lame))

when they were on (now no longer running);
Vids
Loves Like A Dog
Oz (maybe better if it's your kind of thing)

Keepin in mind that Bits is far more entertaining than Cybernet (though not as in depth), Bits is still up among the best late TV can offer, and well worth staying up for.
Sat 01/07/00 at 15:39
Regular
I have watched this programme and its true about 70% of the articles are about some form of PS with the remaining 30% split amongst the other consoles. Its ridiculous.
Sat 01/07/00 at 13:40
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Fogmaster! You couldn't be more right. Don't get me wrong, I think the PS2 will be terrific machine, when the console eventually gets some decent and original games, not old re-hashes, but some top-quality original titles.

Unfortuantely, the media seems to be blinded by the hype too and quite apparently, have completely overlooked the fact the PS2 doesn't have any ground-breaking titles. Have they actually played on a Dreamcast or an N64 at all? I think not. If they did, they would realise that, at this moment, the PS2 has NOTHING on the Dreamcast nor the N64.

Sega and Nintendo ARE without a doubt, the masters of game design! How many in-house games have Sony made that can stand up to the likes of Jet Set Radio, Shenmue, Zelda, Mario, Sonic Adventure, Daytona USA, Ferrari F355, Metroid and Mother?

How many of the aforementioned games do you think would get coverage alongside a PS2 game?
Sat 01/07/00 at 12:41
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Actually, bits usually focuses on the DC! It's just that one or two weeks ago they had a PS2 special, and they're continuing with information about it. The only problem is that they don't realise how poor the PS2 actually is. They keep on going on about how successful it has been, even though since the release month the GB and N64 have dominated the chart with Jirby and Pokemon.

All is not lost though! With Jet Set Radio storming into Japan expect some top coverage about it over the next few weeks. Actually, September sees the release of MSR, Skies of Arcadia (Eternal Arcadia), DOA2 and loads of other top gamnes. Let's hope that Bits shows us some of them!

Rav
Sat 01/07/00 at 11:47
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
This is really starting to annoy me now, whenever I watch a games programme on TV its always about the Playstation or the ps2, I don't care about them, many people do but there are two other excellent systems out, for example I watched Bits on channel 4 last night and they didn't stop saying how good the PS2 was, everyone that has played one has said how bad it is and how it is worse than the dreamcast, they listed about five games and showed one and they were crying about how they didn't have one yet!! this is stupid!! there is never a review on the N64's greatest game: perfect dark even when they say there is, and they don't even think about the Dreamcast!! what is happeneing has Sony bought every programme there is for gaming what will ever happen, Sony spend all their money on advertising and make the consumer forfeit when they buy their tacky machines and a year later it falls apart. Nintendo have old fashioned values, they make the Buyer first priority and themselves sencond.
can someone tell me if im wrong, and this is just because Nintendo and Sega have no games which are mentionable?? If a Playstation owner answers this, keep it reasonable, no complete sony talk something that we care about or can answer to, not Sony's the best thats why they don't mention Nintendo and Sega, because they can never compete with the great Sony!! because I can't handle your laim comments, ok?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.