GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Children should be able to vote from the age of 16!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/04/04 at 18:26
Regular
"56 000"
I mean when you reach sixteen you become more involved in the world, you leave school etc. Do think children should vote for serious things like labour party etc at sixteen?
Tue 13/04/04 at 21:03
Regular
"56 000"
Too busy competing with other political parties to even care about the nations welfare and maybe if younger people vote then it might change.

Theres bound to be people who will vote for politician who will give people an easy ride but that politician can't be any worse than the ones we have now.
Mon 12/04/04 at 22:07
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:

> Voting in England is like choosing which fatal disease you want.

Exactly.

And this is what those prats who blame lack of voting interest on apathy don't seem to understand.

The way politicians act in parliament is, quite frankly, embarrassing. It's like kids in a playground really "Our policy is bigger than yours", "Ohhhh well when you were in power 34.6666742224 people said they hate you" *Cue chrous of yeah yeah get him get him from fellow MP's.

Theyre more bothered about getting one over on one anothers party's than doing anything useful in this country.
Mon 12/04/04 at 21:42
"period drama"
It's not about politics.
It's about which moron is going to run the country and bottle out on all the promises they made.

Politics happens when there's actual decisions to be made - not theoretical policies, actual decisions. That's when it gets slightly interesting.

Voting in England is like choosing which fatal disease you want.
Mon 12/04/04 at 21:29
Regular
"56 000"
well i think politics is quite fascinating.
Mon 12/04/04 at 17:39
Regular
Whats the script! wrote:
> I mean when you reach sixteen you become more involved in the world,
> you leave school etc. Do think children should vote for serious
> things like labour party etc at sixteen?
No.
Why?
Because kids nowadays are ten time stupider than kids the same age 10 years ago. FACT.
Besides, they're too involved with the latest bayblades to care about voting.
That said, I don't vote. Couldn't give a toss about it all.
Mon 12/04/04 at 11:44
Regular
"56 000"
Strafio wrote:
> But interest in politics can't be forced on people.
>
>
> Anyway, making people wait a bit before they are allowed to vote
> gives them a little bit longer to really think about what they are
> voting for.

Like voting for the government only happens every so many years so if you just miss an election then you turn 18 you will have to put up with that chosen politician or something like that ,anyway you know what I mean.
Sun 11/04/04 at 22:26
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No way. People well over the age of 18 can't be bothered as it is, so why should anyone of a lower age be bothered?

I'm constantly criticised at school by my friends for being 'too political' - albeit in a friendly way, and 'political' basically involves any form of serious argument about anything. I love my friends, but they can be real morons a lot of the time.
Sun 11/04/04 at 22:23
Regular
But interest in politics can't be forced on people.

Anyway, making people wait a bit before they are allowed to vote gives them a little bit longer to really think about what they are voting for.
Sun 11/04/04 at 22:15
Regular
"56 000"
They would have to the tought about the different political parties without being biased.
Sun 11/04/04 at 22:07
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
I'm very strongly against giving 16 year olds the vote, mainly because I see plenty of them around school every day (except this fortnight, hurrah), and I would trust about...6 of them with any sort of say in the future of the country. At a push. Really, just about all of them couldn't care less, and they'd vote for whichever party had the best policy for kids without a thought for their other proposals and wider effect on the people of the country.

I've only really become informed about it myself in the last few months, and am still learning, and I take an active interest in it. How can an average 16 year old with no desire to read papers or watch political programs have a clue what they're voting for?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.