GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can Gamecube take Pole Position?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/04/01 at 12:40
Regular
I think that there are some people out there that are ignoring the potential of the Gamecube. I am sure that it will be a great success!

One important factor that people seem to be ignoring is the GameBoy Advance. Many are sure that this will be a success. If Nintendo play there cards right they might just get that Brucie Bonus that will be people buying the Gamecube on the strenghts of the GBA.

Look at Pokemon. Its selling millions of copies to kids all around the world (some adults too). Theres sure to be another Pokemon game for the Gameboy Advance. If theres also a game for the GameCube, then millions will buy one. Especially if they link up. I dont just mean in the way that you can port your Pokemon monsters into Pokemon Stadium, I mean have a game that you can only get to certain bonuses in, by playing both versions and getting the secrets from them. Or like you have to trade between Red and Blue versions of Pokemon, why not trade between GBA and Gamecube versions?

Another thing that could work in Nintendos favour is there long line of heroes that millions love to play as. You have Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Zelda, Donkey Kong and Metroid. Add to these some tht became popular on the N64, such as Banjo or Conker. These are the games that people want to play. You can easily get excited about the prospect of GameCube Metroid, just hearing the name does it for you, but wheres the excitement in any of Microsofts titles? You have to go out and find it, rather than having seen it all your life.

Also developers are beginning to come out of the woodwork now and make comments regarding the Gamecube, and its getting very favourable reviews. Developers are saying theyre shocked at how good it is, and they can produce better graphics on it than they can on the other platform, Xbox and Playstation 2. if the Gamecube is an initial success then developers might flock to it as piracy will be less of an issue. Developers won't loose so much money to those scoundrels any more!

So the PS2 might have been quick off the grid, and its pretty much keeping to the track well. But once the GameCube comes out of the pits it might well take pole position!
Thu 12/04/01 at 12:40
I think that there are some people out there that are ignoring the potential of the Gamecube. I am sure that it will be a great success!

One important factor that people seem to be ignoring is the GameBoy Advance. Many are sure that this will be a success. If Nintendo play there cards right they might just get that Brucie Bonus that will be people buying the Gamecube on the strenghts of the GBA.

Look at Pokemon. Its selling millions of copies to kids all around the world (some adults too). Theres sure to be another Pokemon game for the Gameboy Advance. If theres also a game for the GameCube, then millions will buy one. Especially if they link up. I dont just mean in the way that you can port your Pokemon monsters into Pokemon Stadium, I mean have a game that you can only get to certain bonuses in, by playing both versions and getting the secrets from them. Or like you have to trade between Red and Blue versions of Pokemon, why not trade between GBA and Gamecube versions?

Another thing that could work in Nintendos favour is there long line of heroes that millions love to play as. You have Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Zelda, Donkey Kong and Metroid. Add to these some tht became popular on the N64, such as Banjo or Conker. These are the games that people want to play. You can easily get excited about the prospect of GameCube Metroid, just hearing the name does it for you, but wheres the excitement in any of Microsofts titles? You have to go out and find it, rather than having seen it all your life.

Also developers are beginning to come out of the woodwork now and make comments regarding the Gamecube, and its getting very favourable reviews. Developers are saying theyre shocked at how good it is, and they can produce better graphics on it than they can on the other platform, Xbox and Playstation 2. if the Gamecube is an initial success then developers might flock to it as piracy will be less of an issue. Developers won't loose so much money to those scoundrels any more!

So the PS2 might have been quick off the grid, and its pretty much keeping to the track well. But once the GameCube comes out of the pits it might well take pole position!
Fri 13/04/01 at 20:00
No the X box will
Thu 19/04/01 at 16:01
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Gamecube will take first posistion. And its a lot smaller than the X-BOX, its huge. And the ability to hook up your gameboy advance makes it better as well (also it plays four players as well which is more than the PS2).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.