GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quite Possibly The Most Incredible Football Match I’ve Ever Witnessed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/04/04 at 18:34
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Some of you may be aware that I am a Woking FC fan. Since I live just 20 minutes from their ground, and have a good stadium, I have been supporting them for about 4 seasons now, but never have I witnessed a game like the one today, anywhere.

Being a Woking fan means having two big rivals. Stevenage, who we dislike for a certain promotion run in (and the antics of their manager/chairman Graham Westley) recently, and Aldershot, who we hate more so. After losing at Aldershot earlier in the season 2 – 1, everyone was up for the return game at Kingfield. The game started like any other derby match, ablaze with rivalry. Tackles were flying in left, right and centre. It began to settle down after around 5 minutes in, and then on the 8th minute, Aldershot took the lead after some pressure. However, the ball blatantly wasn’t over the line. It was almost as cynical as the decision at that Chelsea vs. Watford cup-tie. There is no way the ball crossed the line, absolutely no way.

After that I was feeling a bit cheated, and Aldershot picked up where they left off. A ball was sent into the box and cleared, everyone assumed a corner, but the referee suddenly pointed to the spot. I cannot see any reason for the penalty being given, none at all, and by this point I thought the ref was having a laugh. After the penalty being saved, we conceded a free kick. It was all of thirty five yards out, and whilst it was crafted brilliantly by their player, it was a poor effort by our goalkeeper to keep it out, he didn’t even move. 2 – 0, and what we thought was game over after 12 minutes.

After this, Woking started to get back on top, and right before half time we fired back from the spot after a dodgy penalty. Again, the ref was totally idiotic in his decision. We still felt a bit cheated going in a goal behind, and for all of the second half Aldershot time wasted, and their manager, Terry Brown, had several unnecessary pops at the easy manipulated ref. Verbal battles continued between the two sets of fans. Woking then got in, and our nippy left-winger slotted home…offside.

Finally in the dieing moments, a hopeful ball was delivered into the area, our 89th minute sub rose and nodded over the keeper, it bounced once, twice, and crept over the line. The crowd was ecstatic. Offside said the referee. Suddenly the ref began to consult his linesman however, and signalled a goal to Woking, 2 – 2, and the crowd once again was ecstatic. After the match fans and club personnel swarmed around the ref. It was unbelievable, both sets of fans were engaging in strong verbal and mild physical abuse. On the way out police swarmed the streets. One of the most controversial games I’ve ever seen (a part from a lower league affair which saw 4 players sent off of each team!) and between two teams of colossal rivalry.

Classic!
Sat 10/04/04 at 18:34
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Some of you may be aware that I am a Woking FC fan. Since I live just 20 minutes from their ground, and have a good stadium, I have been supporting them for about 4 seasons now, but never have I witnessed a game like the one today, anywhere.

Being a Woking fan means having two big rivals. Stevenage, who we dislike for a certain promotion run in (and the antics of their manager/chairman Graham Westley) recently, and Aldershot, who we hate more so. After losing at Aldershot earlier in the season 2 – 1, everyone was up for the return game at Kingfield. The game started like any other derby match, ablaze with rivalry. Tackles were flying in left, right and centre. It began to settle down after around 5 minutes in, and then on the 8th minute, Aldershot took the lead after some pressure. However, the ball blatantly wasn’t over the line. It was almost as cynical as the decision at that Chelsea vs. Watford cup-tie. There is no way the ball crossed the line, absolutely no way.

After that I was feeling a bit cheated, and Aldershot picked up where they left off. A ball was sent into the box and cleared, everyone assumed a corner, but the referee suddenly pointed to the spot. I cannot see any reason for the penalty being given, none at all, and by this point I thought the ref was having a laugh. After the penalty being saved, we conceded a free kick. It was all of thirty five yards out, and whilst it was crafted brilliantly by their player, it was a poor effort by our goalkeeper to keep it out, he didn’t even move. 2 – 0, and what we thought was game over after 12 minutes.

After this, Woking started to get back on top, and right before half time we fired back from the spot after a dodgy penalty. Again, the ref was totally idiotic in his decision. We still felt a bit cheated going in a goal behind, and for all of the second half Aldershot time wasted, and their manager, Terry Brown, had several unnecessary pops at the easy manipulated ref. Verbal battles continued between the two sets of fans. Woking then got in, and our nippy left-winger slotted home…offside.

Finally in the dieing moments, a hopeful ball was delivered into the area, our 89th minute sub rose and nodded over the keeper, it bounced once, twice, and crept over the line. The crowd was ecstatic. Offside said the referee. Suddenly the ref began to consult his linesman however, and signalled a goal to Woking, 2 – 2, and the crowd once again was ecstatic. After the match fans and club personnel swarmed around the ref. It was unbelievable, both sets of fans were engaging in strong verbal and mild physical abuse. On the way out police swarmed the streets. One of the most controversial games I’ve ever seen (a part from a lower league affair which saw 4 players sent off of each team!) and between two teams of colossal rivalry.

Classic!
Sun 11/04/04 at 01:32
Regular
Excellent, another fellow conference fan!

I'm a Stevenage fan, have been for a fair few years and have always enjoyed the Stevenage/Woking games - I was at Kingfield October last year for the 1-1 draw. Give me Stevenage vs Woking over any premiership game anyday.

Have you been to Aldershot before? Absolute hellhole.

Been to Broadhall Way before?
Sun 11/04/04 at 01:36
Regular
"tokyo police club"
'stormed'

You make it seem like their were 60,000 Arsenal and Man U fans on the streets, after manydrinks, and much footballing.

Nice.
Sun 11/04/04 at 01:51
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Quinty wrote:
> Excellent, another fellow conference fan!
>
> I'm a Stevenage fan, have been for a fair few years and have always
> enjoyed the Stevenage/Woking games - I was at Kingfield October last
> year for the 1-1 draw. Give me Stevenage vs Woking over any
> premiership game anyday.
>
> Have you been to Aldershot before? Absolute hellhole.
>
> Been to Broadhall Way before?

*cheers*

Yep I have been there for the last four encounters with Stevenage. Missed one before that. When we played you a month or so ago your fans were terribly quiet. Anyhoo yes, The Rec is a hellhole, Aldershot fans are complete yobs.

I'm a bit dissapointed with our season, as i expect you are with Stevenage's. We are both teams that have come through tough times with a lot of resources, and are expecting league football with in a few seasons. Oh well, at least we didn't go the way of Telford, who are now bankrupt.

You were all over us this season at Broadhall Way. We still owe you for that 5 - 1 at our place last season, Grant Payne's goal (for us) was simply incredible though, goal of the season.

Oh, and please take Neil Smith back...he's crap...got a lot of heart, but just crap. Nice to see a fellow fan.
Sun 11/04/04 at 02:07
Regular
Ashman wrote:

> Yep I have been there for the last four encounters with Stevenage.
> Missed one before that. When we played you a month or so ago your
> fans were terribly quiet. Anyhoo yes, Broadhall Way is a hellhole,
> Aldershot fans are complete yobs.

Yeah, there's a big thing amongst Stevenage fans about acoustics on the East Terrace (right of the away end), it may sound quiet but i stand there every week and am always convinced were fairly loud.

> I'm a bit dissapointed with our season, as i expect you are with
> Stevenage's.

Yeah, especially after last seasons late resurgance. Been a bit of anti-climax really, but we are still the only team to win away to Chester! Its funny how we seem to follow each other as well, last season we were both in the relegation dogfight, this season were both mid-table and of course the famous mid-ninties promotion battles.

> You were all over us this season at Broadhall Way.

Yep, but we never put away our chances, although i was impressed with Fergusen and Canham - they look like handy players.

> Oh, and please take Neil Smith back...he's crap...got a lot of heart,
> but just crap.

Heh, you can keep him, along with Martin Williams *shudders*.
Sun 11/04/04 at 02:17
Regular
Heh i love the conference. Next season canvey island! they have been promoted!

stevenage are quite legendary shame about broadhall way keeping them in the conf!. Lionel perez what a legend.

Woking i saw both there televised matches last season was quite impressed.

we need more quality post like this! non league and nationwide are under discussed!
Sun 11/04/04 at 02:24
Regular
Quinty wrote:
> Blah

Surely you're not the Quinty.

The same Quinty who was on MSN once, told me and Chipseh he hated us, and then never posted on SR again?
Sun 11/04/04 at 02:25
Regular
oi quinty was a legend and yes it is him.
Sun 11/04/04 at 02:26
Regular
Oh...and it's safe to say that Woking suck.

Their first team oh so nearly got beat by then Combined Counties side Ashford Town, back six or seven years ago. :cD

Clive Walker stole the man of the match award from Paul German. Damn biast Woking people.
Sun 11/04/04 at 02:26
Regular
Ashley wrote:
> oi quinty was a ledgend and yes it is him.

I'm well aware of who Quinty is, thanks. ;c)

Harry Carter, I think. :cP

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.