GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rayman DS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Rayman'.
Thu 24/03/05 at 16:49
Regular
"Great with butter"
I just recently picked up Rayman DS from my local GAME shop. After witnessing and completing Mario 64 DS, I really expected a lot from this game - heck, if Mario was great to play all over again, Rayman 2 sure is, too.

But I was wrong. Very wrong.

Despite this being a comlete port, the graphics are now horribly dumbed down, including a sometimes near-unplayable frame rate. But the worst aspect by FAR are the controls. You never really feel comfortable with any of the control methods, and because the thumbstrap space is so small on the touch screen, you will end up ordering Rayman to go in a different direction.

In the meanwhile, I have started to play Mario again, but if third party developers start creating such tripe for Ninty's wonder machine, then I am going to be extremely annoyed.
Thu 24/03/05 at 19:58
"The Will of D."
Actually I found that using the D-Pad was a lot easier to control SM64DS than a normal N64 control did, especially on particularly hard star levels that were quite difficult to maneover on the original.
Thu 24/03/05 at 17:22
Regular
"Great with butter"
Meh. The D pad lacks discipline on the controls - I don't really think it works very well on 3d adventure games. Mario 64 DS works very well with the thumbstrap in my opinion, however Rayman doesn't.

I'm off to trade it in, then.
Thu 24/03/05 at 17:20
Regular
"Pwned"
Yeah I find using the D-Pad is a lot easier in SM64DS.
Thu 24/03/05 at 17:05
"The Will of D."
You could just use the D-Pad like normal, so much better with SM64X4 DS too (except when you have to using the thumb strap during the bowser fights).
Thu 24/03/05 at 16:52
Regular
"Pwned"
The DS games will get better.
Thu 24/03/05 at 16:49
Regular
"Great with butter"
I just recently picked up Rayman DS from my local GAME shop. After witnessing and completing Mario 64 DS, I really expected a lot from this game - heck, if Mario was great to play all over again, Rayman 2 sure is, too.

But I was wrong. Very wrong.

Despite this being a comlete port, the graphics are now horribly dumbed down, including a sometimes near-unplayable frame rate. But the worst aspect by FAR are the controls. You never really feel comfortable with any of the control methods, and because the thumbstrap space is so small on the touch screen, you will end up ordering Rayman to go in a different direction.

In the meanwhile, I have started to play Mario again, but if third party developers start creating such tripe for Ninty's wonder machine, then I am going to be extremely annoyed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.