GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So...Is Chaos Theory worth getting without LIVE?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory'.
Fri 25/03/05 at 13:40
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
I want this but due to crap broadband deals with silly usage limits I have no LIVE, so is it worth getting is for the single player or can someone suggest a good broadband service that they use for LIVE.
Wed 30/03/05 at 20:54
Regular
"8==="
I expect there are saves then.
Wed 30/03/05 at 20:49
Regular
"Touched!"
Is it true the co op levels are around 60+ mins long?
Wed 30/03/05 at 20:31
Regular
"BOSE"
The CO-OP is beautiful!! I love it, can't stop playing it :-D

I haven't had any lag since I played it online. No frame-rate drops or anything. The moves you can do with your team mate are just georgous! How can I put it? It's as smooth as Solo missions. One of my favourite features is that you can shout, whistle, make noises and the enemy will hear you and come have a look-see what's going on :-)

My hat is off and I am kneeling to Ubisoft. This game is beautiful, period. :-D
Wed 30/03/05 at 20:22
Regular
"Touched!"
Daveus wrote:
> "Xbrick" ? that's funny.
>
> Yes it is totally worth getting Chaos Theory if you don't have Live.
> Trust me, I've had the game since the 26th :-)

What's the co-op like? I hope it isnt as laggy as people are claiming it is..any frame rate drops?
Wed 30/03/05 at 20:13
Regular
"BOSE"
"Xbrick" ? that's funny.

Yes it is totally worth getting Chaos Theory if you don't have Live. Trust me, I've had the game since the 26th :-)
Wed 30/03/05 at 13:10
Regular
"Not the game master"
The new Splinter Cell is good but i've only played the demo so i can't really coment on the whole game but the demo is very good if you have live or not.
Wed 30/03/05 at 11:43
Regular
"Touched!"
To be fair the Xbrick is ending it's life cycle now..I see mainly dire games from now on until Xbrick 2 late this year.
Wed 30/03/05 at 11:29
Regular
At the beggining of the year I was like DUDE LOOK AT ALL DA GAMEZ

But as the games have slowly been released I've realised that the majority of them are just soleless dirge, like 95% of the rest of the Xbox's line-up.

Other than Chaos Theory, Timesplitters 3 and maybe Jade Empire.

I just hope Nintendo sort out their online network for the next generation of consoles.
Wed 30/03/05 at 11:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
A few months back, I was like Xbox release list, OMG!

Now I really just don't care.
Tue 29/03/05 at 18:01
Regular
Displayed wrote:

> Is the Xbox worth buying now or should i wait for the next one?

Depends really on what sort of games you enjoy.

If you want to play Chaos Theory then it's the definite console of choice. Though other than Chaos Theory and a couple of others I don't really think there's much to look forward too on Xbox in the future.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.