GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Do People Buy Full Price Games?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/04/04 at 15:15
Regular
"hulagadoo"
I would like views on why people buy games when they are first released. If you wait a while they drop the price and you can get games at cheap prices. Is it because people are inpatient or becuase they have money to throw around?
Thu 08/04/04 at 15:15
Regular
"hulagadoo"
I would like views on why people buy games when they are first released. If you wait a while they drop the price and you can get games at cheap prices. Is it because people are inpatient or becuase they have money to throw around?
Thu 08/04/04 at 15:27
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
People get games when they come out because they want to play them. Impatience may be part of it, but having enough money and wanting to play the game are the main ones.

BTW, What the hell does 'Inpatient' mean? :)
Thu 08/04/04 at 15:37
"I love yo... lamp."
If nobody bought full price games then they would never make it onto the classics ranges and then they would never be cheap.
Thu 08/04/04 at 17:19
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
gr13ve wrote:
> I would like views on why people buy games when they are first
> released. If you wait a while they drop the price and you can get
> games at cheap prices. Is it because people are inpatient or becuase
> they have money to throw around?

Whats the most you've ever spent on a game gr13ve? ... myself it was about 85quid for a title I had to import from the states back in 1999... yourself?
Thu 08/04/04 at 17:24
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Well for example you could buy FIFA 2003 for half the price of FIFA 2004, but who wants an out of date game? This is really why we buy full price games, so we have the latest versions.
Thu 08/04/04 at 17:32
Regular
"\\"
Forest Fan wrote:
> Well for example you could buy FIFA 2003 for half the price of FIFA
> 2004, but who wants an out of date game? This is really why we buy
> full price games, so we have the latest versions.

But who would want any FIFA game? Bad example.
Thu 08/04/04 at 17:32
Regular
cos i'm impatient, and we here about the games a year in advance pretty much. The wait for them from then is annoying enough. Let alone another 4 or 5 months waiting for them to go cheaper. And for the sake of a fiver i'd rather have it now.
Thu 08/04/04 at 17:36
Regular
"Not a Jew"
If everyone thought, "Oh, I am a clever chappie/chappess, I will wait until the price goes down" Then the price will never go down. Demand has decreased causing an increase in price, so the games will be more expensive.

And so people buy it because they are impatient (like me) or have the money.
Thu 08/04/04 at 17:38
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> If nobody bought full price games then they would never make it onto
> the classics ranges and then they would never be cheap.

pretty much what NB is saying, I'm rather shocked when my brother buys a new game in the shop when I could have ordered it 10 pounds cheaper off the internet. On one of his recent DVD and game shopping trips he spent 140 pounds. If he had bothered to buy them online he would have only needed 100 pounds. Could have bought me 4 good DVDs with that :(
Thu 08/04/04 at 17:41
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Aoe wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
> Well for example you could buy FIFA 2003 for half the price of FIFA
> 2004, but who wants an out of date game? This is really why we buy
> full price games, so we have the latest versions.
>
> But who would want any FIFA game? Bad example.

Or any game, FIFA, Final Fantasy or otherwise.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.