GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dvd prices have dropped. Will this ruin the DVD industry?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/04/04 at 12:44
Regular
"56 000"
Surely if dvd prices have dropped directors will not be paid as much and so dvds might go off market or something what do you think?
Thu 08/04/04 at 12:44
Regular
"56 000"
Surely if dvd prices have dropped directors will not be paid as much and so dvds might go off market or something what do you think?
Thu 08/04/04 at 12:47
Regular
"Teal'c"
I think you are a foolish, foolish child.
Thu 08/04/04 at 14:04
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Stupid thing to say - most money is made from cinemas.
Thu 08/04/04 at 14:29
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Er, surely falling DVD prices would help the movie industry as more people would be able to afford DVDs, besides which most new released still price round the £15 region.
Thu 08/04/04 at 14:31
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
cipro wrote:
> Er, surely falling DVD prices would help the movie industry as more
> people would be able to afford DVDs, besides which most new released
> still price round the £15 region.

2nd time I have seen you post and it's the 2nd time I agree with you.
Thu 08/04/04 at 16:33
Regular
"56 000"
yeh but the film makers wouldn't make as much money
What about downloading films illegally thats cutting their profits.
Do you agree?
Thu 08/04/04 at 16:52
Regular
"A man with a stick"
2113 wrote:
> yeh but the film makers wouldn't make as much money

Yes they would you buffoon, the profit for filmmakers doesn't lie in DVD sales, it’s with cinemas that the money is being made from. The Lord of the Rings movies have grossed made over a billion dollars worldwide from cinema ticket prices alone, DVDs offer a nice bit extra, but aren't necessary in making a big profit.

> What about downloading films illegally thats cutting their profits.
> Do you agree?

No, but downloading Movies off the internet isn’t as widespread a problem as downloading music (though it seems downloading music now helps the music industry.) And last time I looked, all the majour movies where still making a massive profit, just look at last years Matrix sequel, they made millions.
Thu 08/04/04 at 16:57
Regular
"56 000"
but they would still loose some profit.
Thu 08/04/04 at 16:59
Regular
"56 000"
I suppose you get some stores which sell dvds for 24 pounds and others which sell the same dvd for a lower price.
Thu 08/04/04 at 17:04
Regular
"A man with a stick"
2113 wrote:
> but they would still loose some profit.

But not enough to sink the entire movie industry. Whatever you misconceptions, it's more likely a movie will flop and loose profit down to its lack of quality or it's inability to attract a wide enough audience. DVD sales and downloads from the Internet are at the bottom of the pile in respect to loosing a movies profit.

Besides which, I refer you to my earlier post, DVDs still cost upwards of £15, which is much more expensive than an average movie ticket so it doesn't matter that DVDs sell less than cinema tickets, they cost twice as much ergo twice as much profit.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.