GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why do terrorist films or series always put middle eastern countires as the terrorists. Isn't it wrong?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/04/04 at 10:18
Regular
"56 000"
You get series like 24 which make out that the Middle Eastern Countries are always the people behind the terrorist act. Can't tv or fims put countries like Australia or Italy as terrorists why does it always have to be the countries around the Middle East!

I think its wrong because there is alot of trouble and conflict in middle east that tv or film shouldn't use those countries becuase there tv producers, writers are just trying to make the tv series realistic. Do you agree?
Thu 08/04/04 at 12:47
Regular
"56 000"
Yeh sum of all fears made the middle east terrorists in the film why, its realistic but it just makes you wander why real terrorists come after USA and UK. What to you think?
Thu 08/04/04 at 12:32
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The worst example of this was The Sum of All Fears. Not only was it a hideously bad film, but they portrayed nearly every Eastern Bloc and Asian country as evil terrorists, complete with shifty eyes and evil accents. And Affleck is a nob.
Thu 08/04/04 at 12:06
Regular
"56 000"
don't the middle eastern countries get offended that sometimes the tv series uses their countries as terrorists and the terrorists are aslo muslim or other religions other than christianity. if you get my drift not trying to offend anytone.
Thu 08/04/04 at 11:31
Regular
"lets go back"
In the second series of 24 it turns out that the people behind the bomb arent eastern afterall and that it was a western oil tycoon who wanted to increase his oil shares!!!
Thu 08/04/04 at 10:30
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Didn't the original 24 bad guys, once they got more cash to make more, turn into Bonsnian (or was it Serbian) terrorists lead by Dennis Hopper?
Thu 08/04/04 at 10:27
Regular
Why shouldn't the programme be realistic? What would you do, have talking dogs?
Thu 08/04/04 at 10:26
Regular
10 out of 10 wrote:
> You get series like 24 which make out that the Middle Eastern
> Countries are always the people behind the terrorist act.

Most of the time they are.
Thu 08/04/04 at 10:18
Regular
"56 000"
You get series like 24 which make out that the Middle Eastern Countries are always the people behind the terrorist act. Can't tv or fims put countries like Australia or Italy as terrorists why does it always have to be the countries around the Middle East!

I think its wrong because there is alot of trouble and conflict in middle east that tv or film shouldn't use those countries becuase there tv producers, writers are just trying to make the tv series realistic. Do you agree?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.