GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why PlayStation 2 Is Great"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/04/01 at 15:19
Regular
Its great beacuse my mum said so.

I LOVE POKEMON!
Tue 13/10/09 at 19:54
Regular
12/10/09 17lb common caugt in the flash paul shannahan...i been there 4 days an didnt get a bite..oh well rough with the smooth..i will be back next week for another go..
Sun 27/09/09 at 21:02
Regular
had a 12 common last night and the 15 ghosty come out too
Wed 23/09/09 at 14:11
Regular
Had a 19Lb common last week mikey gerrard also had a 18 common yesterday & ian doyle had 2 decent bream last night
Tue 22/09/09 at 14:23
Regular
What's the catch reports from the Flash?
Wed 11/04/01 at 20:22
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
;-)
Wed 11/04/01 at 20:21
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I think he was right to do so because this is a forum, open to all to express their opinions. The fact that the initial topic on 'pokemon' had nothing to do with the title 'Why PlayStation 2 is Great' doesn't really come into it, apart from making it look like the poster who made his opinion crystal clear on the matter hadn't actually read the threads inside the post but just the title.

(This could actually be a symptom of the PS2 owner, just see the title but miss out on the Gameplay, maybe we should ring up Sony and advise them of this startling revelation?).

However, regardless of whether the thread or just the title was read or not, and with disregard to the nature of the initial gist of the post, I think any and all have a right to express their opinion in the forums in whatsoever way they desire as long as it is in keeping with the nature of the forum and helps to promote the site itself.
Wed 11/04/01 at 20:12
"High polygon count"
Man, talk about go overboard in reply to a non-serious post!
Wed 11/04/01 at 19:50
The Truth is, The playstation 2 isn't great. Marketed at the kind of twenty something know-nothings that buy games because of the license, the exclusivity surrounding the Playstation 2 is what sells the console currently, not the games. The machine isn't even particularly powerful - more a step up from the dreamcast than a giant leap. The release titles were poor, glitchy cash-in affairs devoid of any originality of playability. Of course there are some titles that look good - MGS2, FF10 and 11 and GT3, to mention a few...well, there are only a few to mention. Notice however, that these are sequels. Sequels to good games (with the exception of MGS - the most overrated game in history) but sequels nonetheless. As a PS2 owner myself, I was distraught and pleased to hear that Sega will be developing games for the console. Some salvation at last perhaps. I can't help feeling though that these games were all meant for the dreamcast. Perhaps if you dunderheads out there stopped buying dud consoles on the strength of its predecessor (which towards the end of its life was a complete sea of tat and cash-ins) maybe the Dreamcast would be still in with a fighting chance. The DC is still the best console available today. perhaps not for long... but the fact remains. Whereas I'm getting drooly over the prospect of a 128 bit Zelda and mario, and seeing what microsoft come up with by this time next year, the PS2 is so much of a damp squib I need to keep a towel under it to stop my desk from getting wet. And nit-pickers: The DVD playback is abysmal. Get yourself a proper DVD player.

Said.

Steve AKA =Sod=TermaganT
Wed 11/04/01 at 15:31
Regular
Good introduction to the FoG William. Top quality.
Wed 11/04/01 at 15:30
Shut up you little brat.

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.