GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Noisy AMD Heatsink Fan"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/04/04 at 19:17
Regular
"Unretired"
The fan in my AMD heatsink is starting to drive me crazy, i've had it for just under a month.
When I start up my PC it sounds like an engine revving, and it speeds up and slows down. I took the case apart to check it out, and theres no dust or any wires or other parts that could be touching the fan to create the noise.

Hmm?
Wed 07/04/04 at 13:25
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Fooly Cooly wrote:
> I dunno they really shouldnt make that much noise, I can barely hear
> mine and it's quite powerful

Same here... I grabbed a coolermaster (up to 3200) for just over a fiver, and its whisper quiet... just a hame the CD-rewriter makes so much feckking noise! :)
Wed 07/04/04 at 12:10
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Get a better heatsink/fan unit?
Tue 06/04/04 at 22:38
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
If the noise is driving you crazy you have 2 options.

A thermalright heatsink
Watercooling
Tue 06/04/04 at 22:37
Regular
I dunno they really shouldnt make that much noise, I can barely hear mine and it's quite powerful
Tue 06/04/04 at 21:46
"I love yo... lamp."
They are just noisy.

If it bothers you that much replace it. The stock heatsinks are not particularly great anyway.
Tue 06/04/04 at 19:17
Regular
"Unretired"
The fan in my AMD heatsink is starting to drive me crazy, i've had it for just under a month.
When I start up my PC it sounds like an engine revving, and it speeds up and slows down. I took the case apart to check it out, and theres no dust or any wires or other parts that could be touching the fan to create the noise.

Hmm?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.