GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Version of my Composition"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/04/04 at 00:48
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Hurrah etc etc.
Now before I go any further, I must once again make it clear that yes, the melody sounds like it's from some cheap Master System 2 game, and the fact that it is in Midi format doesn't help.

Anyway, this is it -- [URL]http://firestorm.staghosting.com/musique.mid[/URL] (14kb)

Does it sound all ok?
Does it flow alright?
And does the rallentando at the end bring you to the point of orgasm?

Well, probably not.
But please, don't listen for about 10 seconds and decide you despise it - it does gradually build up.
Even if you did listen to the first one, trust me, listen to this one - there's a whole loada changes been made.
And I figured out how to sort the tempo when converting to Midi.
And once again, yes, it's not rock, it's not blues, it's not jazz.

But just blimmin' listen and give me your opinion, not on the melody itself, but whether it does sound alright.
And by the way, the main instrument is a tenor saxophone, and accompaniment is drum kit (obviously) and honky tonk piano.
I know, hard to believe.

Chhaaarrrssss.
Tue 06/04/04 at 19:42
Regular
"No Chance!?!?!?!?!?"
That's gd but it sounds like its from 1 of the old classic games for the sega master
Tue 06/04/04 at 16:34
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
DW luvz u!!!!!!11111 wrote:
> The start, like people have been saying, isn't too brilliant. It does
> get better though. Quite catchy...but not my cuppa tea.

Don't worry, not mine either. When I get time, I'm going to try and work on some kind of bluesy or jazz tune, with sax, piano etc. I can sort of hear what I'm going to do with it in my head. It's just a case of getting it written down.
Yes, I can see the excitement in your faces.

The end is pretty cool too. Okay, I thought it was the ending, but it wasn't. I
> think it was the middle 8 not the ending.
>
> (Y)

Ta.
Tue 06/04/04 at 07:48
Regular
The start, like people have been saying, isn't too brilliant. It does get better though. Quite catchy...but not my cuppa tea. The end is pretty cool too. Okay, I thought it was the ending, but it wasn't. I think it was the middle 8 not the ending.

(Y)
Tue 06/04/04 at 02:13
Regular
"Monochromatic"
By having it in that sound it shrink's it, if you could imagine it on a church organ it would work.
Tue 06/04/04 at 02:11
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Azul wrote:
> The only time it changes tempo is at the last 5 seconds with
> rallentando, so...
> *Shrugs*

No i'm on about the little flourishes that i actually cant remember now.
Tue 06/04/04 at 02:06
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Carradiothief boy.
Tue 06/04/04 at 02:03
Regular
Makes two of us.

Farm boy.
Tue 06/04/04 at 02:01
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Peanut Head wrote:
> It makes my ears hurt.

At least I'm not a scccccaaaseeeeerrrrr.
Tue 06/04/04 at 01:58
Regular
It makes my ears hurt.
Tue 06/04/04 at 01:54
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
The only time it changes tempo is at the last 5 seconds with rallentando, so...
*Shrugs*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.