GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gothika"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/04/04 at 23:29
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Saw this last night and wasn't expecting much just the same cliche stuff, which it was actually.

Probably spoilers so don't read on.

It starts with Halle Berry with her crap hair talking to Penelope Cruz blah blah oh she's a super mental patient doctor. Then you see her kiss a big, big fat man who's meant to be her husband. Then another doctor who wants to hump Halle is introduced.

Then a few pointless scenes with cliche scary darkness is thrown in. Ooooohohoh the mental home is the middle of the woods, the electricity is poor so lights flicker all the time. Halle Berry likes to type in the dark with only lighting to aid her eyes. But there's more she decides to swim in the dark.... oooh scary and pointless.

Then she drives home, more scary camera work of her driving alone in dark. She then goes home different way, sees a shaking dead girl like the one in The Ring, which actually does give me the creeps but still.

Blah Blah Blah

Now she's a patient in the hospital but she can't remember. She chops up her husband and diagnoses herself.

Still gets a bit naff from here but picks up a bit later on. More cliche scary shots and scary dead girls. I'm bored talking about it now.

Conclusion: Alright attempt at a scary film. Far too cliche though and takes bits from Sixth Sense and The Ring. It was good and though cliche had me scared a bit. Too many loose questions though, like how she is freed at the end even though she chopped up her husband, possessed or not.

Rating: 6/10
Mon 05/04/04 at 18:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Goatboy wrote:
> Is it my imagination or did Hally Berry win an Oscar?

yeah, for Monsters Ball.
Mon 05/04/04 at 18:52
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Is it my imagination or did Hally Berry win an Oscar?
Because apart from being Weathergirl in the X-Men movies, she seems to be the female equivalent of C Thomas Howell.
Mon 05/04/04 at 18:32
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
monkey_man wrote:
> Bingo. I knew she'd be in the swimming pool, and I didn't even see
> it. Or get invited. *sniff*

You were invited, quit yer whining biatch. Anyway, I would have rather stayed at home in silence than have watched it, so it's 1-0 to you.
Mon 05/04/04 at 15:21
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> It's dump. Rent it if you must, but don't spend money on it.
>
> The guards in this movie make Dr Evil's inept henchmen look like
> super-intelligent spies. She's in the swimming pool, you assmunch!

Bingo. I knew she'd be in the swimming pool, and I didn't even see it. Or get invited. *sniff*
Mon 05/04/04 at 14:16
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Spoiler

That's what I said

And she mangled the policeman with the tatoo
Mon 05/04/04 at 09:03
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
***SPOILER****

***YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED****

I was miffed at the end. Halle Berry's character surely wasn't acting in self-defence at the time of her husband's murder, so why was she free at the end?

Am I missing something here or is Hollywood pandering around again?
Mon 05/04/04 at 00:23
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
It's dump. Rent it if you must, but don't spend money on it.

The guards in this movie make Dr Evil's inept henchmen look like super-intelligent spies. She's in the swimming pool, you assmunch!
Mon 05/04/04 at 00:21
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
OK, I saw the trailer and was rather intriuged.
Mon 05/04/04 at 00:14
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It's worth a watch yeah, just nothing amazing.
Mon 05/04/04 at 00:09
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Worth a watch? Or is there anything else that I should be seeing before it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.