GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"get dotted for £9.99 (no it isn't)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/04/01 at 22:00
Regular
I am going to buy a .co.uk name (i wont tell so people wont nick it) and when it came to the final price it was £17.04! (It was 7letters then .co.uk). I am still going to buy it but it will take longer to get the money. (i'm going to have to sell 2 PC games now).

Tony (if you know about this) Why does it say £9.99 when the price is much more than that!

Thanks

Dr. Dark
Thu 12/04/01 at 18:50
It is not false advertising.

If you buy two domains you get the second domain at a discounted price which is £9.99 for a .co.uk.

If you buy three domains you get the second & third domain at the discounted price and so on and so on.

The advert states 'domains from £9.99'. It is not false advertising because you CAN buy domains at that price.
Thu 12/04/01 at 18:33
Regular
I decided to see if a domain I was thinking of getting was available, and I found it was, but for around £37!

It IS false advertising cos none of the different options to have at the end (.co.uk, .com, .uk.com, etc) were anywhere near £9.99!

So I think that advert should be changed!

Or the prices lowered!
Thu 12/04/01 at 14:42
Regular
"not dead"
Go on, tell us what address it was.

So we know never to go there.

Ever.
Thu 12/04/01 at 14:36
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Multiple purchase are the way to go - it's not false advertising, it's clearly explained in the site. Anyway, what address did you buy?
Thu 12/04/01 at 12:59
Dr Dark :

To receive the reduced price of £9.99 you need to purchase two or more domains. For co.uk names you pay the full price of £17.04 for the first domain and any other domains purchased at the same time are discounted at £6+vat (£7.05p).

Visit Getdotted.com and click on PS Discount. Also see the text which appears under the results after each completed domain search.
Tue 10/04/01 at 23:11
I don't want .co.org so i'll pay for .co.uk (and my site is not a organisation so i wont really need it)
Tue 10/04/01 at 23:08
"High polygon count"
> I know, but some how i got £17.04, how does that figure?

The page I looked at says:

".co.uk / .org.uk from £8.50"

I think you'll find that the .org.uk domains are the cheapest - around £8.50/£9.99 - because there are lots available and they aren't the most popular.

.co.uk is more widely used, there are fewer available, and hence they are more expensive. You'll find it's the case at most domain registrars.

Personally, I think it's cheap at £17-ish - the registration is valid for 2 years, remember, and shouldn't cost any more to maintain thereafter.

.com domains are around £50!
Tue 10/04/01 at 23:06
Dr. Dark wrote:
> Domain Description Price (Ex. VAT) Price (Inc. VAT)
Delete Item
> DOT CO.UK INTERNET DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION WITH FREE
> HOSTING, E-MAIL AND WEB SPACE. £14.50 £17.04
> item(s). £17.04

This is what is says. It is faulse
> advertising to say it's £9.99. It's no shame for £17.04,
> that's a brillent price! As most others are £20

Tue 10/04/01 at 23:05
Domain Description Price (Ex. VAT) Price (Inc. VAT)
Delete Item n64rush.co.uk DOT CO.UK INTERNET DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION WITH FREE HOSTING, E-MAIL AND WEB SPACE. £14.50 £17.04
1 item(s). £17.04

This is what is says. It is faulse advertising to say it's £9.99. It's no shame for £17.04, that's a brillent price! As most others are £20

Tue 10/04/01 at 23:03
"High polygon count"
>Then how come i am paying £17.04 for it!

Sorry, I meant mine was around £17 a year ago.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.