GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Top 5 games for Pc"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/04/01 at 21:20
Regular
I am writing a list of my Top 5 pc games!!!

5)Eidos-Who want's to be a Millionaire?
The game that has captured the nation's imagination can now be played in the home. With Chris Tarrant as the host, the excitement and tension of the TV show "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" is now available on Pc, Playstation and Dreamcast allowing players everywhere to become virtual millionaires. Due for release this Autumn, the game is based on the hit TV quiz show Who Wants to be a Millionaire? PC and Console games players can now experience for themselves the excitement and tension of the TV show as they try and win one million virtual pounds. The game features audio and video clips of the TV show's host Chris Tarrant, who will be asking the question's, giving the answers and of course uttering the famous line "Is that your final answer?"

4)Ea-Fifa2001
EA SPORTS’ FIFA2001 immerses the fan in the most realistic football experience. You're not watching a match - you're in it. New cinematic camera design; a focus on ambient audio; and an all-new living, breathing football environment bring the illusion to life. Sidelines bustle with activity from spectators, coaches and substitutes. The clouds roll over the stadium and the weather and lighting changes. Adboards rotate; fans go crazy and lifting their side, jeering the enemy. No more static world - time is passing, things are happening on the pitch. Players' appearance, skill and behavior exhibit movement and power like never before. New articulated player skeletons relay real emotion. Players no longer move in a flock, but instead adopt a realistic sense of urgency on the pitch.

3)Lucas-Arts-Escape from Monkey Island
A scurvy-inducing new chapter in the legendary Monkey Island adventure series unfolds in rollicking 3D with Escape from Monkey Island. Here we find Guybrush and his new bride, Governor Elaine Marley-Threepwood, returning to Melee Island from their honeymoon. They quickly discover Elaine has been declared dead, the Governor's mansion is scheduled for demolition, and the slick, yet hauntingly familiar politician, Charles L. Charles, is gunning for her job. Full of drama, intrigue and of course, side-splitting humor, Escape from Monkey Island is highlighted by hundreds of challenging puzzles, set amidst dozens of rich and brilliantly rendered backgrounds. Buccaneers, hoist the yardarms, batten down the hatches, and let the insults fly this November

2)Empire Interactive-International Cricket Captain
The original International Cricket Captain was fun and the computer teams were hard to beat, but what better than to be able to compete, and gloat, in a league comprised of fellow humans? This is exactly what you'll be able to do in the third instalment of the series International Cricket Captain 2000. Captain any of the Test playing nations and compete against a friend in either a Test or one-day series. Replay the '99 World Cup and try Mission Impossible: getting England to win it. Then save your team, fire up your modem and challenge players from all over the world in an on-line league.

1)Eidos-Championship Manager season 20002001
It's the most important game of your life! Following the hugely popular and record breaking sales of Championship Manager 3, Eidos have teamed up again with Sports Interactive to bring the most detailed, realistic and addictive game to have ever graced the PC. Twenty-six concurrent leagues will be playable. Accurate profiles and histories for over 50,000 players, managers and coaches, collated by a dedicated army of football fans from every corner of the globe. Get involved with national and local media. Read and reply to media stories about the clubs, players and events in the game. New leagues added including Greece, Russia, Croatia and Finland. Managers now have the chance to approach the Football Association to request the postponement of fixtures and to complain about the referee!!!
Tue 10/04/01 at 21:20
I am writing a list of my Top 5 pc games!!!

5)Eidos-Who want's to be a Millionaire?
The game that has captured the nation's imagination can now be played in the home. With Chris Tarrant as the host, the excitement and tension of the TV show "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" is now available on Pc, Playstation and Dreamcast allowing players everywhere to become virtual millionaires. Due for release this Autumn, the game is based on the hit TV quiz show Who Wants to be a Millionaire? PC and Console games players can now experience for themselves the excitement and tension of the TV show as they try and win one million virtual pounds. The game features audio and video clips of the TV show's host Chris Tarrant, who will be asking the question's, giving the answers and of course uttering the famous line "Is that your final answer?"

4)Ea-Fifa2001
EA SPORTS’ FIFA2001 immerses the fan in the most realistic football experience. You're not watching a match - you're in it. New cinematic camera design; a focus on ambient audio; and an all-new living, breathing football environment bring the illusion to life. Sidelines bustle with activity from spectators, coaches and substitutes. The clouds roll over the stadium and the weather and lighting changes. Adboards rotate; fans go crazy and lifting their side, jeering the enemy. No more static world - time is passing, things are happening on the pitch. Players' appearance, skill and behavior exhibit movement and power like never before. New articulated player skeletons relay real emotion. Players no longer move in a flock, but instead adopt a realistic sense of urgency on the pitch.

3)Lucas-Arts-Escape from Monkey Island
A scurvy-inducing new chapter in the legendary Monkey Island adventure series unfolds in rollicking 3D with Escape from Monkey Island. Here we find Guybrush and his new bride, Governor Elaine Marley-Threepwood, returning to Melee Island from their honeymoon. They quickly discover Elaine has been declared dead, the Governor's mansion is scheduled for demolition, and the slick, yet hauntingly familiar politician, Charles L. Charles, is gunning for her job. Full of drama, intrigue and of course, side-splitting humor, Escape from Monkey Island is highlighted by hundreds of challenging puzzles, set amidst dozens of rich and brilliantly rendered backgrounds. Buccaneers, hoist the yardarms, batten down the hatches, and let the insults fly this November

2)Empire Interactive-International Cricket Captain
The original International Cricket Captain was fun and the computer teams were hard to beat, but what better than to be able to compete, and gloat, in a league comprised of fellow humans? This is exactly what you'll be able to do in the third instalment of the series International Cricket Captain 2000. Captain any of the Test playing nations and compete against a friend in either a Test or one-day series. Replay the '99 World Cup and try Mission Impossible: getting England to win it. Then save your team, fire up your modem and challenge players from all over the world in an on-line league.

1)Eidos-Championship Manager season 20002001
It's the most important game of your life! Following the hugely popular and record breaking sales of Championship Manager 3, Eidos have teamed up again with Sports Interactive to bring the most detailed, realistic and addictive game to have ever graced the PC. Twenty-six concurrent leagues will be playable. Accurate profiles and histories for over 50,000 players, managers and coaches, collated by a dedicated army of football fans from every corner of the globe. Get involved with national and local media. Read and reply to media stories about the clubs, players and events in the game. New leagues added including Greece, Russia, Croatia and Finland. Managers now have the chance to approach the Football Association to request the postponement of fixtures and to complain about the referee!!!
Tue 10/04/01 at 21:22
Regular
If those are your top 5 games, you need your head examined!
Tue 10/04/01 at 21:25
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
I agree that he needs his head examined. It should read...

5) Grim Fandango
4) Rollercoaster Tycoon
3) The Sims
2) Unreal Tournament
1) Half-Life
Tue 10/04/01 at 21:30
Regular
"and let the insults fly this November"

Shame I read your post, even though you didn't...
Tue 10/04/01 at 21:32
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
Good comment Grix 'cos its true. He obviously copied off a website. Now if this wins GAD I will cry. Don't think it will though!
Tue 10/04/01 at 21:33
Regular
If we are going multiplatform, the top 5 should be something like, in no order as that would be too difficult,

SuperBomberman (SNES)
Goldeneye (N64)
MSR (DC)
B&W (PC)
GP3 (PC)
Wed 11/04/01 at 08:18
Regular
"not dead"
As I don't have many PC games, the top 5 (non-emulated) games I've played on my PC would have to be(In no particular order):

Cannon Fodder
Theme Hospital
Sim City 3000 (UK Edition)
Dungeon Keeper
Age of Empires

Wed 11/04/01 at 16:53
Regular
Who wants to be a millionaire? How crap is that.
Wed 11/04/01 at 19:36
Regular
My opinion on PC games changes quickly, so here's my top 5:

Command & Conquer (the whole series): Nothing can beat the C&C series! Plenty of missions, easy free online play, loads of weapons and units! This will last forever! And now the new FPS is being made, the C&C series will last even longer!

Duke Nukem 3D: My favourite FPS (I prefer to call it by the classic name: Shoot-'em-ups) loads of humour, plenty of blood, loadsa levels, and also a great console hit! You can also make levels for this game so easily with Ken Silverman's "Build" editor! There is also a way to make Doom/Doom 2 levels but I don't know how to do that....

Diablo 2: Best PC RPG I've played yet! Excellent gameplay, excellent music, excellent characters, millions of weapons, loadsa baddies, etc :)

Doom/Doom 2: Classic gaming at it's best! Another FPS but this time based on the original 3D FPS: Wolfenstein 3D! If it wasn't for games like this, we wouldn't have games like Goldeneye, Halflife, Perfect Dark, etc

Full Throttle: This game, which is full of humour, has plenty of suspense in it! Will you stop the plane falling off the cliff in time? Will you actually get off it? Will you win the destruction derby? This game has a lot to offer for all ages! Not one you should miss!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.