GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Greatest Albums Ever!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/04/01 at 20:48
Regular
I am Going to Compile a list of my top 5 albums of all time. I Will write a little about each band and Album.

5)Blink182-Enema of the State
The big question is: have Blink-182 matured at all since the ’97 release of their previous album ‘Dude Ranch’? Well, not really. Fans of toilet humour will be pleased to hear that the band have kept to their roots and written about what they know about.
Yes, that very special sort of humour remains, but the musical melodies aren’t bad at all, and you’ll be humming the songs for days. They’re not really rock, are they, (or even claiming to be): they’re more of a punky pop act that even ‘Top Of The Pops’ likes these days.This album is more pop than any other previous Blink release, but is still clearly them. In fact, the only really punky song on the album is The Party Song, and it is one of the weaker songs. There are some excellent tracks on this album, such as What's My Age Again and my favourite, Going Away To College. These are both radio friendly songs, but are still good. To prove the critics who say Blink can't write serious songs, listen to Adams Song, a tragic tale of teenage suicide. If you like punk, rock or anything in between, listen to this album.

The great singles are there: ‘All The Small Things’ and ‘What’s My Age Again’. Nurse, my sides! Other highlights include ‘Mutt’s Song’ and ‘Aliens Exist’.

OK, so they’re not as properly ‘punky’ as bands like NOFX and The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, but the kid within you will love the quirky humour of ‘Enema Of The State’. Millions of 14-year old boys can’t be wrong, can they? Now, where did I put my surgical rubber gloves?

4)Offspring-Conspiracy of One
After the huge success of ‘Americana’, which spawned the trash punk rock hit ‘Pretty Fly For A White Guy’, The Offspring are back with a new album (their sixth!), ‘Conspiracy Of One’. These guys love to have a laugh, and delight in making an infectious blend of poppy punk with cheeky lyrics, silly accents and samples. And we delight in listening to them! The new album’s no exception, and contains some tasty top rock nuggets, just how you (and we!) like them and thankfully, whiny vocals and fast punk sounds are all present and correct.
Recent catchy single, ‘Original Prankster’ is here, complete with its raucous chorus and humorous lyrics. They’ve said it, The Offspring are pranksters through and through, and just can’t help having a joke or 10. Other highlights include the fast and furious ‘Dammit I Changed Again’, and ‘Million Miles Away’. And check out the ‘hidden’ bonus track at the end – ‘Huck It’ (originally from the film ‘Huck It’).

The Offspring have done what they do best – downright dirty punk pop that doesn’t take itself too seriously and has a bit of a laugh along the way.

3)Green Day-Dookie
An oldie but a goldie. Green Day are back in the Rock charts where they deserve following their showing in the top 20 of Radio 1 Greatest Songs Of All Time poll (Nirvana came second). This album features the song that placed them there: Basketcase.
Very loud and wonderfully dumb, Dookie is the best fun you can have with your clothes on. Still a favourite to bounce around to at both Indie and Rock clubs; if you haven't checked this album out yet its time you did.
This cd represents everything people associate with Green Day. The witticism of the lyrics and power of the guitar lines makes for really compulsive listening. The smart rhyming lyrics of Basket Case as well as Tre Cools masterful drum fill intro followed by a sound that you just have to mosh to make it the most popular (and almost certainly the best) song on the album. whilst Dookie carries Green Day's greatest ever tracks it does not come up to the consistency and light-hearted feel of Nimrod. It is more separated and detached. If you have never heard Green Day before, buy this album before any other - you won't be disappointed.

2)Red Hot Chili Peppers
Red Hot Chilli Peppers were, are, and always will be, a great band. But there was one point where they were the best band. In 1991 they released the best funk-metal album the world has seen (argue all you like): Blood Sugar Sex Magic. The world was their oyster…until they had a change of direction (more rocky) and a change of guitarist (Dave Navarro). But now they are back with John Frusciante and a new album which is being called the new BSSM.
Funky and dirty as can be, this takes you back to those great days of 1991. Anthony’s vocals are spat out like a sharp-shooting cobra – with venom and acurracy. The bass, drums and guitars sound like they are being played by robots, so tight are the grooves it is impossible to believe real humans are playing this stuff.

Great, great, great album. Good to have you back guys.

And Finally number 1
1)Nirvana-Nevermind
At the end of 1998 Radio held a poll to decide the greatest song ever recorded. Smells like Teen Spirit came second. One week later Q published the results of their poll to find the best singles ever. Smells like Teen Spirit came first. At the time of writing Nevermind is number 1.
Eight years after it was released Smells like Teen Spirit and Nevermind are still as important as when they were released. You can see the influence of Nirvana in nearly every band on the planet from Metallica to Oasis.

Nevermind is the last truly classic album of the millennium.
Well what else can I say apart form get it now if you don't have it. Amazing from start to finish, it manages to sum up an entire genre and style of music in less than 40 minutes. There's something about this record, the simplicity of it all, that makes it just so appealing. Rightly lodged at the top of many polls, it rips open with the timeless 'Smells like Teen Spirit' and closes with the mournful 'Something in the way', not a poor song on it, and you'll be sorry when its over. Not just recommended, it's essential.
Tue 10/04/01 at 20:48
I am Going to Compile a list of my top 5 albums of all time. I Will write a little about each band and Album.

5)Blink182-Enema of the State
The big question is: have Blink-182 matured at all since the ’97 release of their previous album ‘Dude Ranch’? Well, not really. Fans of toilet humour will be pleased to hear that the band have kept to their roots and written about what they know about.
Yes, that very special sort of humour remains, but the musical melodies aren’t bad at all, and you’ll be humming the songs for days. They’re not really rock, are they, (or even claiming to be): they’re more of a punky pop act that even ‘Top Of The Pops’ likes these days.This album is more pop than any other previous Blink release, but is still clearly them. In fact, the only really punky song on the album is The Party Song, and it is one of the weaker songs. There are some excellent tracks on this album, such as What's My Age Again and my favourite, Going Away To College. These are both radio friendly songs, but are still good. To prove the critics who say Blink can't write serious songs, listen to Adams Song, a tragic tale of teenage suicide. If you like punk, rock or anything in between, listen to this album.

The great singles are there: ‘All The Small Things’ and ‘What’s My Age Again’. Nurse, my sides! Other highlights include ‘Mutt’s Song’ and ‘Aliens Exist’.

OK, so they’re not as properly ‘punky’ as bands like NOFX and The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, but the kid within you will love the quirky humour of ‘Enema Of The State’. Millions of 14-year old boys can’t be wrong, can they? Now, where did I put my surgical rubber gloves?

4)Offspring-Conspiracy of One
After the huge success of ‘Americana’, which spawned the trash punk rock hit ‘Pretty Fly For A White Guy’, The Offspring are back with a new album (their sixth!), ‘Conspiracy Of One’. These guys love to have a laugh, and delight in making an infectious blend of poppy punk with cheeky lyrics, silly accents and samples. And we delight in listening to them! The new album’s no exception, and contains some tasty top rock nuggets, just how you (and we!) like them and thankfully, whiny vocals and fast punk sounds are all present and correct.
Recent catchy single, ‘Original Prankster’ is here, complete with its raucous chorus and humorous lyrics. They’ve said it, The Offspring are pranksters through and through, and just can’t help having a joke or 10. Other highlights include the fast and furious ‘Dammit I Changed Again’, and ‘Million Miles Away’. And check out the ‘hidden’ bonus track at the end – ‘Huck It’ (originally from the film ‘Huck It’).

The Offspring have done what they do best – downright dirty punk pop that doesn’t take itself too seriously and has a bit of a laugh along the way.

3)Green Day-Dookie
An oldie but a goldie. Green Day are back in the Rock charts where they deserve following their showing in the top 20 of Radio 1 Greatest Songs Of All Time poll (Nirvana came second). This album features the song that placed them there: Basketcase.
Very loud and wonderfully dumb, Dookie is the best fun you can have with your clothes on. Still a favourite to bounce around to at both Indie and Rock clubs; if you haven't checked this album out yet its time you did.
This cd represents everything people associate with Green Day. The witticism of the lyrics and power of the guitar lines makes for really compulsive listening. The smart rhyming lyrics of Basket Case as well as Tre Cools masterful drum fill intro followed by a sound that you just have to mosh to make it the most popular (and almost certainly the best) song on the album. whilst Dookie carries Green Day's greatest ever tracks it does not come up to the consistency and light-hearted feel of Nimrod. It is more separated and detached. If you have never heard Green Day before, buy this album before any other - you won't be disappointed.

2)Red Hot Chili Peppers
Red Hot Chilli Peppers were, are, and always will be, a great band. But there was one point where they were the best band. In 1991 they released the best funk-metal album the world has seen (argue all you like): Blood Sugar Sex Magic. The world was their oyster…until they had a change of direction (more rocky) and a change of guitarist (Dave Navarro). But now they are back with John Frusciante and a new album which is being called the new BSSM.
Funky and dirty as can be, this takes you back to those great days of 1991. Anthony’s vocals are spat out like a sharp-shooting cobra – with venom and acurracy. The bass, drums and guitars sound like they are being played by robots, so tight are the grooves it is impossible to believe real humans are playing this stuff.

Great, great, great album. Good to have you back guys.

And Finally number 1
1)Nirvana-Nevermind
At the end of 1998 Radio held a poll to decide the greatest song ever recorded. Smells like Teen Spirit came second. One week later Q published the results of their poll to find the best singles ever. Smells like Teen Spirit came first. At the time of writing Nevermind is number 1.
Eight years after it was released Smells like Teen Spirit and Nevermind are still as important as when they were released. You can see the influence of Nirvana in nearly every band on the planet from Metallica to Oasis.

Nevermind is the last truly classic album of the millennium.
Well what else can I say apart form get it now if you don't have it. Amazing from start to finish, it manages to sum up an entire genre and style of music in less than 40 minutes. There's something about this record, the simplicity of it all, that makes it just so appealing. Rightly lodged at the top of many polls, it rips open with the timeless 'Smells like Teen Spirit' and closes with the mournful 'Something in the way', not a poor song on it, and you'll be sorry when its over. Not just recommended, it's essential.
Tue 10/04/01 at 21:27
Regular
"Whatever!"
My top five would probably be:

1. Antichrist Svperstar - Marilyn Manson
2. Nevermind - Nirvana
3. The Holy Bible - Manics
4. Generation Terrorists - Manics
5. Live Magic - Queen
Thu 12/04/01 at 10:32
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I agree with Dookie and Nevermind, great albumns! I don't know what to put for mine let me think!

You know I can't think too many great albumns, I'll get back to you on that one!
Thu 12/04/01 at 11:11
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Pink Floyd - The Wall

Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica

Janis Joplin - Pearl

Clutch - The Elephant Riders

The Meters - Best of

Dr John - Gumbo

Slayer - Reign in Blood

Public Enemy - Nation of Millions

Mark B & Blade - The Unknown

White Zombie - La Sexorcisto Vol 1

Gorecki - Symphony No.3 Songs of Sorrow

Schubert - Death & The Maiden

Sat 12/05/01 at 22:55
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Ok Computer is one of the greatest albums ever made!
Sun 13/05/01 at 01:17
"Uzi Lover"
I think Deftones - White Pony!
Sun 13/05/01 at 01:22
Regular
For me its one of the Prodigy albums. I have a fav one for each mood that i am in. I cant make up my mind which one is best. but best track on Experience is "outer space". best on Jilted generation is "No good stsrt the dance" and my fave on Fat of the land are firestarter and breathe equally.
Sun 13/05/01 at 01:24
Regular
"Uve Got 2 b The Bes"
Deftones, best metal band to this date!!
simple, if you dont believe me, download, some songs!
Cant even breath
Digital Bath
Back To School
My Own Summer
Be quiet and Drive

^ all classics!
Sun 13/05/01 at 15:03
In no particular order:

New Order - Substance
Portishead - Dummy
Morcheeba - Who Can You Trust
Ash - 1977
Placebo - untitled 1st album
Pixies - Death To...
Radiohead - OK Computer
Pop Will Eat Itself - This Is The Day....
Jellyfish - Bellybutton
Jesus Jones - Liquidizer
Nirvana - Nevermind

Sorry it's a bit long, but they all deserve a mention.
Mon 14/05/01 at 15:59
Again, in no order:

Alice in Chains - Dirt
Soundgarden - Superunknown
Filter - Title of Record
Metallica - Ride the Lightning / Master of Puppets
Faith No More - Album of the Year
Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime
Rush - Grace Under Pressure
Galactic Cowboys - Galactic Cowboys
King's X - Out of the Silent Planet
NIN - The Fragile
Orgy - Candyass
Anthrax - Among the Living
Sisters of Mercy - First, Last and Always
Killing Joke - Killing Joke / Night Time
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath / Heaven and Hell
Garbage - Garbage
Workhorse Movement - Sons of the Pioneers
Warrior Soul - Last Decade, Dead Century
At the Drive In - Relationship of Command
Offspring - Smash
AC/DC - Back in Black / Highway to Hell
ZZ Top - Eliminator

There's probably a load more that I've forgotten....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.