GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"An anagram of BAG"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/07/00 at 21:13
Regular
What else is so great about the GBA?
Nothing really. You want a good computer to play at home, get something that runs through the tv. You want something the entertain you during plane, train and automobile journeys, you don't pay all that much for it, and that's if a walkman or a technologically advanced equivalent isn't enough.
All other handhelds were eventually unsuccuessful, with the exception of game boy, which was only kept alive with strangely addictive games requiring little in the way of graphics etc., infinite reincarnations in different colours, small versions, colour displays and finally pokemon.
Mon 03/07/00 at 21:59
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I think that until you get a handheld version of the PS2 being released at the same time as the normal console, handhelds will always have their place. Soup Dragon made the point the the GB was successful because of it's adictive games. No doubt the GBA will also have these games, plus countless others from developers new on the scene.

As for the popularity of handhelds, the GB has sold 100 million copies (inc. GB Pocket and colour), and has entertained some of the best games ever. Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening was a BG exclusive!Actually, my favourite handheld is the NGPC- I just bought a final load of games for mine, and SNK vs Capcom is the best 2D fighter that I have played on any console ever!

So give handhelds a chance. They're not meant to be "proper" full time entertainment- just something for a car journey!

Rav
Mon 03/07/00 at 21:26
Regular
Game gear was not unsuccesful. And just having gameboy is as successful as hand held gaming needs to be.
Mon 03/07/00 at 21:24
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
very true, the gameboy has entertained millions of children and adults during long journeys, tetris was my favorite, but then I was 10 when i first got that on my Gameboy Original, but now I have loads of games, they look really bad compared to my N64's graphics, but unless you have £400 to pay for a big car battery and an adaption for a N64, or sonyplastation to put in the head rest in your dads car, then it's not possible to get good graphics for mobile use.
I love my Gameboy, and will buy the GBA, because it has better specs than the Ps and can be used in conjunction with the dolphin and GB camera!!! where you can see your opponent on internet game, ha ha you can see their pain while you whoop their aris at PerfectDark2!
Mon 03/07/00 at 21:13
What else is so great about the GBA?
Nothing really. You want a good computer to play at home, get something that runs through the tv. You want something the entertain you during plane, train and automobile journeys, you don't pay all that much for it, and that's if a walkman or a technologically advanced equivalent isn't enough.
All other handhelds were eventually unsuccuessful, with the exception of game boy, which was only kept alive with strangely addictive games requiring little in the way of graphics etc., infinite reincarnations in different colours, small versions, colour displays and finally pokemon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.