GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's the deal with these missing Monkey episodes then?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/04/04 at 09:17
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
On the news the other day they had the blokes who did some of the voiceovers, on the back of the news that they'd dug up 13 missing episodes. There was even a Teletext report on it the same day.

But I went into HMV yesterday and there were already DVDs of the old series, but with an extra episode claiming to be one of the missing 13 episodes on each disc.

So what's the deal? How long have these DVDs been out - it seems strange that it was on the news one day, and in the shops the next? Could they have been dubbed, mixed, produced, manufactured and supplied in under a week? They were in the cheap DVd section too, which suggests they'd been out for a while. Weird.
Fri 02/04/04 at 09:47
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
The 13 'missing' episodes where never 'lost' as such they were just never redubbed (though they were translated) when the program was originally shown back in the late seventies/early eighties...

When they released the Monkey DVD's they would stick one of the non-dubbed (translated with sub-titles) onto the DVD. Due to the sucess of the recent TV repeats, Channel 4 have paid the originaly cast (at least those still alive) to redub the episodes

While your waiting for the episodes to be translated, why not read 'Monkey', excerpts from Wu Ch'ang-en's original translated by Arthur Waley?
Fri 02/04/04 at 09:17
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
On the news the other day they had the blokes who did some of the voiceovers, on the back of the news that they'd dug up 13 missing episodes. There was even a Teletext report on it the same day.

But I went into HMV yesterday and there were already DVDs of the old series, but with an extra episode claiming to be one of the missing 13 episodes on each disc.

So what's the deal? How long have these DVDs been out - it seems strange that it was on the news one day, and in the shops the next? Could they have been dubbed, mixed, produced, manufactured and supplied in under a week? They were in the cheap DVd section too, which suggests they'd been out for a while. Weird.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.