GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Completed Timesplitters 3..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters: Future Perfect'.
Sun 27/03/05 at 19:29
Regular
": ("
Story Mode.

The last two days have been probably the best in months, this game has improved so much compared to TS2 which didn't really have much of a storyline.

Every level is fun because they're all different, even if there are some you don't like the look of at least you know the next level will be totally different. The characters were as funny as hell and I like the animation too.

I've completed 20.7% of the whole game now after doing the story mode - which took me 7 hours to complete. I'm not very good when it comes to completing games but TS3 isn't too hard but not too easy either so it kinda fits into the kind of difficulty that suits me.

Okay, now for some spoilers, don't read below if you haven't yet completed it.

SPOILERS

My favorite level has to be either the Mansion of Madness level because it was so much more scarier than the TS2 horror level or the Breaking and Entering level because it way pretty long and you had to be a bit stealthy.

My favorite character from the story mode is Harry Tipper because he was generally funny in most cutscenes. Cortez was a good character too but I got a bit bored hearing him all the time with his Vin Deasel-like voice.

I'm glad they didn't ruin the story mode by putting all of the silly character in like the Duck, Ginger Breadman, Monkeys etc. because they're just for fun really and wouldn't fit in to the storyline.

The ending was okay, I was expecting something really cheesy but it wasn't, it was fine...better than the Halo 2 ending at least...

I'm gonna start some challenges soon and have some fun with the Arcade characters cause i've just been going online and playing the story mode since I got the game.

I'd definately say this is one of the best PS2 games I have played and definately the most funniest.

Buy now!

Just re-read my post and it doesn't seem like i've mentioned any big spoilers so read if you will.
Tue 29/03/05 at 15:43
Regular
I like games that I can actually complete, unlike FF games.
Tue 29/03/05 at 15:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
7 hours?!

*Disappointed*
Tue 29/03/05 at 13:11
Regular
I'm really looking forward to trying for platinum again. I only managed about 30 or so in TS2, so would like to make a better go at getting all platinums this time round.

Also, I'm very glad to see the return of better statistics. I entered a feedback competition a while a go, and it was one of the things I really wanted them to bring back. Splitters 2 didn't have as much in the way of "A killed B x times, and B killed A y times" type stuff which is always fun to see when there are lots of human players involved.
Mon 28/03/05 at 15:00
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Oriental Rib wrote:
> If this game took you 7 hours it's way to easy.

Yeah, Story Mode is easy.

But the Arcade challenges are rock solid.
Mon 28/03/05 at 14:57
Regular
"Bicycle"
Took me just under six hours.

Now 90% complete, with only the last two Co-Op missions on hard coupled with a few arcade league games that need to be "gold-ed". Otherwise, about 80% of my medals are gold, about 5% are platnium and the rest are mostly bronze...

-- Played for about 20 hours. Insomnia - 9 hours non-stop :D.
Mon 28/03/05 at 14:49
Regular
If this game took you 7 hours it's way to easy.
Sun 27/03/05 at 20:05
Regular
"hulagadoo"
I found the end sequence where the credits were rolling funny, mr vin deisel lookalike dancing.
Sun 27/03/05 at 19:29
Regular
Story Mode.

The last two days have been probably the best in months, this game has improved so much compared to TS2 which didn't really have much of a storyline.

Every level is fun because they're all different, even if there are some you don't like the look of at least you know the next level will be totally different. The characters were as funny as hell and I like the animation too.

I've completed 20.7% of the whole game now after doing the story mode - which took me 7 hours to complete. I'm not very good when it comes to completing games but TS3 isn't too hard but not too easy either so it kinda fits into the kind of difficulty that suits me.

Okay, now for some spoilers, don't read below if you haven't yet completed it.

SPOILERS

My favorite level has to be either the Mansion of Madness level because it was so much more scarier than the TS2 horror level or the Breaking and Entering level because it way pretty long and you had to be a bit stealthy.

My favorite character from the story mode is Harry Tipper because he was generally funny in most cutscenes. Cortez was a good character too but I got a bit bored hearing him all the time with his Vin Deasel-like voice.

I'm glad they didn't ruin the story mode by putting all of the silly character in like the Duck, Ginger Breadman, Monkeys etc. because they're just for fun really and wouldn't fit in to the storyline.

The ending was okay, I was expecting something really cheesy but it wasn't, it was fine...better than the Halo 2 ending at least...

I'm gonna start some challenges soon and have some fun with the Arcade characters cause i've just been going online and playing the story mode since I got the game.

I'd definately say this is one of the best PS2 games I have played and definately the most funniest.

Buy now!

Just re-read my post and it doesn't seem like i've mentioned any big spoilers so read if you will.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.