GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Premiership Dream Team"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/04/01 at 23:27
Regular
I have recently been thinking about my dream team using the players who are currently playing in the premiership and who are also from the following countries:
England
Scotland
Wales
So basically, the players are all from the UK.

Below is the team that I would pick to play in my dream team:

Goalkeeper – Paul Robinson (Leeds / England)
Right Back – Gary Neville (Man United / England)
Centre Back – Sol Campbell (Tottenham / England)
Centre Back – Tony Adams (Arsenal / England)
Left Back – Stuart Pearce (West Ham / England)
Right Midfield – David Beckham (Man United / England)
Centre Midfield – Paul Scholes (Man United / England)
Centre Midfield – Roy Keane (Man United / Republic of Ireland)
Left Midfield – Ryan Giggs (Man United / Wales)
Striker – Michael Owen (Liverpool / England)
Striker – Kevin Phillips (Sunderland / England)

8 Subs:

Goalkeeper – Neil Sullivan (Tottenham / Scotland)
Defender – Martin Keown (Arsenal / England)
Defender – Matt Eliot (Leicester City / Scotland)
Midfielder – Lee Bowyer (Leeds / England)
Midfielder – Kieran Dyer (Newcastle / England)
Midfielder – Gary Speed (Newcastle / Wales)
Striker – Andy Cole (Man United / England)
Striker – Emile Heskey (Liverpool / England)

Here are my reasons for choosing the players that I have chosen above:

Paul Robinson – At the moment, Robinson is Leeds’s first choice goalkeeper, but the only reason for this is because Nigel Martyn is injured at the moment. But, in my opinion, Paul Robinson has proven himself and he should stay as Leeds’s first choice goalkeeper when Martyn returns as I think he is better than Martyn. Also, Robinson is a lot younger than Martyn and so he has got many good years ahead of him. Since Martyn’s injury, Robinson has been playing brilliantly in the Leeds goal. He has made some fantastic saves to deny opposition and he has kept Leeds in certain games. This is why I would pick Robinson as my dream teams goalkeeper.

Gary Neville – Gary Neville is probably, in my opinion, one of the best right backs in the premiership at the moment. Although he has not got much speed, e is an intelligent thinker and he knows what he is doing. He can also play in the centre of defence and he had to do this earlier this season when Jaap Stam was out injured. Neville played very well there and was even man-of-the-match for a few of the games while playing in that position. Another good thing about Gary Neville is the fact that he is around the age of 25 and so he has still got quite a few years left for playing top level football and so England will definitely have a good right back for many years to come. Anyway, this is the reason why I have decided that if there were my dream team, I would put Gary Neville in it.

Sol Campbell – Sol Campbell is not only the best defender in the premiership, but he has also been said to be one of the best defenders in the world. He is always at his best every time and plays and there are so many strikers who find it hard to get past this man when they come up against him. So far this year, Sol Campbell has been at the heart of the Tottenham defence, although he has not played in all of their games as he was injured for a few months when he injured his arm in the game against Brentford, in the Worthington Cup. While Campbell was out injured and not playing, Tottenham were conceding quite a few goals, but they were scoring a few too. Anyway, conceding the amount of goals that they were was not really acceptable for a decent Tottenham side, so as soon as Sol Campbell returned, everyone was assuming that Tottenham wouldn’t concede as many goals. Well, that sort of happened as we they started to get a few more clean sheets, with the help of Neil Sullivan, but Tottenham were still conceding quite a few goals. Tottenham’s recent record in the premiership has seen them play 4 games and draw them all 0-0, which is very good from the defensive side of view, but awful for the attacking side of view. Sol Campbell has been at the heart of the Tottenham defence, which has not conceded a premier league goal for many than 6 hours of football. Campbell is simply brilliant!

Tony Adams – Although Tony Adams is in his 30’s and some people say that he will stop playing football for Arsenal and England within the next couple of years, I feel that he will still be playing top-flight football when he reaches the age of about 40. The reason for this is because he has done so well for both Arsenal and England and he has been captain for both too. Adams is also known as the ‘Donkey’… and most of you will know why!

Stuart Pearce – Stuart Pearce is nearly 39, but the way he plays football, you would not suspect that he was nearly 39. He is never afraid to tackle and he will play anywhere in the field, as long as he helps his team out. His usual position is left back and he is also West Ham’s free kick taker. He even scored recently in the F.A Cup quarter final against Tottenham from a free kick. The sad thing was though that West Ham lost the game and so everyone thought that that was Pearce’s last F.A Cup game, but he has said that he is hoping to have one more go at the competition next year. Stuart Pearce has also been injured quite a few times in his career, but that still has not stopped him playing in games. He even played a game once with a broken leg…amazing!

David Beckham – What can I say about David Beckham? Well, other than the fact that he is the best free kick taker in the premiership, he plays for Man United who are one of the best teams in the world, and he is also said to be one of the best players in the world. I think that about covers it for this footballer and so that is why Beckham would be a definite in my dream team.

Paul Scholes – Paul Scholes has got to be one of the best midfielders in the premiership at the moment. He is such an intelligent player and he can score some great goals. So far this season, I think he has scored about 10 goals for Man United and I feel that he will finish on at least 15 goals, come the end of the season. Now to me, this isn't bad at all seeing as their will still be about 3-4 players who will finish on my goals than Scholes. Paul Scholes is part of the fantastic midfield foursome, in the Man United midfield. He usually plays in the centre of midfield with Roy Keane; Beckham plays on the right and Giggs plays on the left. Scholes can also play just behind the front two, as well as actually playing as a striker. This is why I would put Scholes in my dream team.

Roy Keane – The Man United skipper is one of the hardest footballers to play against in the premiership. The Irish footballer is a great player for both club and country and although he does not score many goals, he is a great midfielder and you can always expect him to make life hard for the opposition. This is why I would put him in the centre of the midfield for my dream team.

Ryan Giggs – Ryan Giggs is with out a doubt, the best left-winger in the premiership. He hasn’t scored that many goals this season but when he has scored, they have been great goals. Giggs is a player than can torture defences with his ability and speed and he finds it very easy to go round defenders.

Michael Owen – Needs to find the form he once showed a few years ago, but he is still a great striker and is still very young. I have always admired Owen and once he finds his form again, he will start to obliterate the opposition again and many teams will be after him, even though he will be worth around £40 million.

Kevin Phillips – I really do believe that Kevin Phillips has the potential to be the best England striker the world has ever seen, but maybe he would fit into my dream team instead of the England team – that is why I write this opinion. Maybe it would also open up the gates to more people despite their being less places available. I think Kevin Phillips would be ideal up front because of his amazing goal scoring record for his Sunderland club – he managed about 30 goals last year. Now that is impressive! I think he would be the perfect striking partner for Michael Owen. Phillips has the experience of goal scoring, and is older than the young Liverpool striker, and yet Owen has had more international caps than him!

Subs:

Neil Sullivan – Sullivan has made some excellent saves for Tottenham this year and he has kept quite a few clean sheets too. His arrival at Tottenham in the summer was a good signing for Spurs and he is Tottenham and Scotland’s number 2 goalkeeper. Tottenham recently played in the F.A Cup quarter final against West Ham, at Upton Park, and Sullivan made some outstanding saves as Tottenham won the game 3-2.

Martin Keown – Keown always amazes me. He’s an old player, but one of the most athletic sportsmen for his age at any football club – and Arsenal are privileged enough to have him as their full back. Keown has played for England a fair bit now, but I don’t think Sven Eriksson would consider him to be an England regular – and so that is why I’d put him on the bench in my dream team! He’s 34 years of age and has much experience as both a club and international player. He may look like a mad chap who will chase after you with a packet of rice whilst retaining that serious look on his face, but he is a true professional!
Matt Elliot – Great defender for both club and country. The Leicester and Scotland defender can also play as a striker. He has helped Leicester move into a European place in the premiership and strikers seem to find it quite hard, usually, to go around Elliot.

Lee Bowyer – This year hasn’t been that great for Lee Bowyer of Leeds United, but he has managed to consistently play in the first team squad, and after the initial ‘legal’ spell regarding himself and another two Leeds players, it seems as though a troubled season could turn out into a very good one as Leeds are on form and will finish high table I think. Lee Bowyer would be in the substitutions simply because he lacks International experience at FULL level, he was a great Under 21 player, but I think it’s time he made it into the main squad! Bowyer has actually scored quite a few important goals for Leeds this season, especially in the Champions League, but I still feel that he can do better for them.
Kieran Dyer – Since Alan Shearer’s injury, Kieran Dyer has basically been filling Shearer’s boots and he has done a great job. He has scored quite a few goals, although he should and could have scored many more. But he has done a great job and I reckon that he will continue to improve and will soon be a great player for both club and country.

Gary Speed – The Welshman has had quite a good season so far. He has scored many vital goals for Newcastle and he always puts in 110% in his game. He is a great player and captain for both club and country and that is why I have put him in my dream team.

Teddy Sheringham – Sheringham has been in great this season. He has scored about 17 goals so far this season, which says a lot for a striker who didn't get too many goals last season. His form has been so good that he is United's first choice striker along side Cole and he might even get back into the England squad, which wouldn't be a surprise. Sheringham is playing the best football of his career at the moment and I am pleased for him, for this achievement and this is why I have put him on the substitutes bench for my dream team. As I have said, he has scored about 17 goals this season and this has put him in 1st place for the number of goals scored, in total, both in the United team, and overall, including all over premiership teams.

Emile Heskey – Heskey never seemed to be able to score many goals for Leicester and many people questioned his £11 million move to Liverpool. But since arriving at Liverpool, Heskey has scored many goals and he is the leading scorer for Liverpool this season. He has got tremendous strength and he has hit some many powerful strikes this season. He wouldn’t write make the first 11 in my dream team and I still rate Owen as a better striker than Heskey, but he is still a great player.

Well, that would be my dream team for players that play in the premiership at the moment. If you have a different team, then reply to this message and lets see your chosen team.
Wed 11/04/01 at 13:16
Should be ruled out for many reasons, including labelling Martin Keown a full back when he plays central midfield. He did play in midfield for a while at Arsenal (under George Graham) but to my knowledge he never played full back.

If you are talking about a DREAM TEAM you can not pick players who are 39 years old. I have total respect for Stuart Pearce but in recent months even the most die-hard West Ham fan will tell you he has been struggling lately. Surely Ashley Cole is the man.
Tue 10/04/01 at 21:10
"Moderator"
this must have won Filmday

'(.)'
Tue 10/04/01 at 06:44
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
What about Fowler ?
Mon 09/04/01 at 23:27
Regular
I have recently been thinking about my dream team using the players who are currently playing in the premiership and who are also from the following countries:
England
Scotland
Wales
So basically, the players are all from the UK.

Below is the team that I would pick to play in my dream team:

Goalkeeper – Paul Robinson (Leeds / England)
Right Back – Gary Neville (Man United / England)
Centre Back – Sol Campbell (Tottenham / England)
Centre Back – Tony Adams (Arsenal / England)
Left Back – Stuart Pearce (West Ham / England)
Right Midfield – David Beckham (Man United / England)
Centre Midfield – Paul Scholes (Man United / England)
Centre Midfield – Roy Keane (Man United / Republic of Ireland)
Left Midfield – Ryan Giggs (Man United / Wales)
Striker – Michael Owen (Liverpool / England)
Striker – Kevin Phillips (Sunderland / England)

8 Subs:

Goalkeeper – Neil Sullivan (Tottenham / Scotland)
Defender – Martin Keown (Arsenal / England)
Defender – Matt Eliot (Leicester City / Scotland)
Midfielder – Lee Bowyer (Leeds / England)
Midfielder – Kieran Dyer (Newcastle / England)
Midfielder – Gary Speed (Newcastle / Wales)
Striker – Andy Cole (Man United / England)
Striker – Emile Heskey (Liverpool / England)

Here are my reasons for choosing the players that I have chosen above:

Paul Robinson – At the moment, Robinson is Leeds’s first choice goalkeeper, but the only reason for this is because Nigel Martyn is injured at the moment. But, in my opinion, Paul Robinson has proven himself and he should stay as Leeds’s first choice goalkeeper when Martyn returns as I think he is better than Martyn. Also, Robinson is a lot younger than Martyn and so he has got many good years ahead of him. Since Martyn’s injury, Robinson has been playing brilliantly in the Leeds goal. He has made some fantastic saves to deny opposition and he has kept Leeds in certain games. This is why I would pick Robinson as my dream teams goalkeeper.

Gary Neville – Gary Neville is probably, in my opinion, one of the best right backs in the premiership at the moment. Although he has not got much speed, e is an intelligent thinker and he knows what he is doing. He can also play in the centre of defence and he had to do this earlier this season when Jaap Stam was out injured. Neville played very well there and was even man-of-the-match for a few of the games while playing in that position. Another good thing about Gary Neville is the fact that he is around the age of 25 and so he has still got quite a few years left for playing top level football and so England will definitely have a good right back for many years to come. Anyway, this is the reason why I have decided that if there were my dream team, I would put Gary Neville in it.

Sol Campbell – Sol Campbell is not only the best defender in the premiership, but he has also been said to be one of the best defenders in the world. He is always at his best every time and plays and there are so many strikers who find it hard to get past this man when they come up against him. So far this year, Sol Campbell has been at the heart of the Tottenham defence, although he has not played in all of their games as he was injured for a few months when he injured his arm in the game against Brentford, in the Worthington Cup. While Campbell was out injured and not playing, Tottenham were conceding quite a few goals, but they were scoring a few too. Anyway, conceding the amount of goals that they were was not really acceptable for a decent Tottenham side, so as soon as Sol Campbell returned, everyone was assuming that Tottenham wouldn’t concede as many goals. Well, that sort of happened as we they started to get a few more clean sheets, with the help of Neil Sullivan, but Tottenham were still conceding quite a few goals. Tottenham’s recent record in the premiership has seen them play 4 games and draw them all 0-0, which is very good from the defensive side of view, but awful for the attacking side of view. Sol Campbell has been at the heart of the Tottenham defence, which has not conceded a premier league goal for many than 6 hours of football. Campbell is simply brilliant!

Tony Adams – Although Tony Adams is in his 30’s and some people say that he will stop playing football for Arsenal and England within the next couple of years, I feel that he will still be playing top-flight football when he reaches the age of about 40. The reason for this is because he has done so well for both Arsenal and England and he has been captain for both too. Adams is also known as the ‘Donkey’… and most of you will know why!

Stuart Pearce – Stuart Pearce is nearly 39, but the way he plays football, you would not suspect that he was nearly 39. He is never afraid to tackle and he will play anywhere in the field, as long as he helps his team out. His usual position is left back and he is also West Ham’s free kick taker. He even scored recently in the F.A Cup quarter final against Tottenham from a free kick. The sad thing was though that West Ham lost the game and so everyone thought that that was Pearce’s last F.A Cup game, but he has said that he is hoping to have one more go at the competition next year. Stuart Pearce has also been injured quite a few times in his career, but that still has not stopped him playing in games. He even played a game once with a broken leg…amazing!

David Beckham – What can I say about David Beckham? Well, other than the fact that he is the best free kick taker in the premiership, he plays for Man United who are one of the best teams in the world, and he is also said to be one of the best players in the world. I think that about covers it for this footballer and so that is why Beckham would be a definite in my dream team.

Paul Scholes – Paul Scholes has got to be one of the best midfielders in the premiership at the moment. He is such an intelligent player and he can score some great goals. So far this season, I think he has scored about 10 goals for Man United and I feel that he will finish on at least 15 goals, come the end of the season. Now to me, this isn't bad at all seeing as their will still be about 3-4 players who will finish on my goals than Scholes. Paul Scholes is part of the fantastic midfield foursome, in the Man United midfield. He usually plays in the centre of midfield with Roy Keane; Beckham plays on the right and Giggs plays on the left. Scholes can also play just behind the front two, as well as actually playing as a striker. This is why I would put Scholes in my dream team.

Roy Keane – The Man United skipper is one of the hardest footballers to play against in the premiership. The Irish footballer is a great player for both club and country and although he does not score many goals, he is a great midfielder and you can always expect him to make life hard for the opposition. This is why I would put him in the centre of the midfield for my dream team.

Ryan Giggs – Ryan Giggs is with out a doubt, the best left-winger in the premiership. He hasn’t scored that many goals this season but when he has scored, they have been great goals. Giggs is a player than can torture defences with his ability and speed and he finds it very easy to go round defenders.

Michael Owen – Needs to find the form he once showed a few years ago, but he is still a great striker and is still very young. I have always admired Owen and once he finds his form again, he will start to obliterate the opposition again and many teams will be after him, even though he will be worth around £40 million.

Kevin Phillips – I really do believe that Kevin Phillips has the potential to be the best England striker the world has ever seen, but maybe he would fit into my dream team instead of the England team – that is why I write this opinion. Maybe it would also open up the gates to more people despite their being less places available. I think Kevin Phillips would be ideal up front because of his amazing goal scoring record for his Sunderland club – he managed about 30 goals last year. Now that is impressive! I think he would be the perfect striking partner for Michael Owen. Phillips has the experience of goal scoring, and is older than the young Liverpool striker, and yet Owen has had more international caps than him!

Subs:

Neil Sullivan – Sullivan has made some excellent saves for Tottenham this year and he has kept quite a few clean sheets too. His arrival at Tottenham in the summer was a good signing for Spurs and he is Tottenham and Scotland’s number 2 goalkeeper. Tottenham recently played in the F.A Cup quarter final against West Ham, at Upton Park, and Sullivan made some outstanding saves as Tottenham won the game 3-2.

Martin Keown – Keown always amazes me. He’s an old player, but one of the most athletic sportsmen for his age at any football club – and Arsenal are privileged enough to have him as their full back. Keown has played for England a fair bit now, but I don’t think Sven Eriksson would consider him to be an England regular – and so that is why I’d put him on the bench in my dream team! He’s 34 years of age and has much experience as both a club and international player. He may look like a mad chap who will chase after you with a packet of rice whilst retaining that serious look on his face, but he is a true professional!
Matt Elliot – Great defender for both club and country. The Leicester and Scotland defender can also play as a striker. He has helped Leicester move into a European place in the premiership and strikers seem to find it quite hard, usually, to go around Elliot.

Lee Bowyer – This year hasn’t been that great for Lee Bowyer of Leeds United, but he has managed to consistently play in the first team squad, and after the initial ‘legal’ spell regarding himself and another two Leeds players, it seems as though a troubled season could turn out into a very good one as Leeds are on form and will finish high table I think. Lee Bowyer would be in the substitutions simply because he lacks International experience at FULL level, he was a great Under 21 player, but I think it’s time he made it into the main squad! Bowyer has actually scored quite a few important goals for Leeds this season, especially in the Champions League, but I still feel that he can do better for them.
Kieran Dyer – Since Alan Shearer’s injury, Kieran Dyer has basically been filling Shearer’s boots and he has done a great job. He has scored quite a few goals, although he should and could have scored many more. But he has done a great job and I reckon that he will continue to improve and will soon be a great player for both club and country.

Gary Speed – The Welshman has had quite a good season so far. He has scored many vital goals for Newcastle and he always puts in 110% in his game. He is a great player and captain for both club and country and that is why I have put him in my dream team.

Teddy Sheringham – Sheringham has been in great this season. He has scored about 17 goals so far this season, which says a lot for a striker who didn't get too many goals last season. His form has been so good that he is United's first choice striker along side Cole and he might even get back into the England squad, which wouldn't be a surprise. Sheringham is playing the best football of his career at the moment and I am pleased for him, for this achievement and this is why I have put him on the substitutes bench for my dream team. As I have said, he has scored about 17 goals this season and this has put him in 1st place for the number of goals scored, in total, both in the United team, and overall, including all over premiership teams.

Emile Heskey – Heskey never seemed to be able to score many goals for Leicester and many people questioned his £11 million move to Liverpool. But since arriving at Liverpool, Heskey has scored many goals and he is the leading scorer for Liverpool this season. He has got tremendous strength and he has hit some many powerful strikes this season. He wouldn’t write make the first 11 in my dream team and I still rate Owen as a better striker than Heskey, but he is still a great player.

Well, that would be my dream team for players that play in the premiership at the moment. If you have a different team, then reply to this message and lets see your chosen team.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.