GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 pulled out of US market."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/03/05 at 11:33
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
How very interesting. Sony have been slapped with a $90.7million fine, and have been told to "Withdraw PS2 consoles from the US market". This will not take place until an appeal is heard, but it could be bad news for a certain company...

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4387045.stm[/URL]
Tue 29/03/05 at 11:33
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
How very interesting. Sony have been slapped with a $90.7million fine, and have been told to "Withdraw PS2 consoles from the US market". This will not take place until an appeal is heard, but it could be bad news for a certain company...

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4387045.stm[/URL]
Tue 29/03/05 at 11:41
Regular
Seems a little odd. :\
Tue 29/03/05 at 11:43
Regular
"8==="
Heh, the electronics side is sliding too?

Good hopefully we'll get quality products from now on.
Tue 29/03/05 at 11:44
Regular
"\\"
And this has... What to do with Nintendo?
Tue 29/03/05 at 11:45
Regular
"8==="
Market rival.
Tue 29/03/05 at 11:47
Regular
"\\"
But if people were so bothered by Sony, wouldn't they go into the Sony forum?
Tue 29/03/05 at 11:49
Regular
"8==="
The forum that gets 6 posts a day?

Not really no.
Tue 29/03/05 at 12:47
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Rumpadodosnitzle wrote:
> and they practically invented it
> themselves on the N64 with Lylat Wars.

You can invent anything you like, but if someone has a patent on it then you can't use it.

Patents are good in some cases, but most of the time they're a complete biatch to innovation as you can make something yourself to find that someone else has beaten you to it.
Tue 29/03/05 at 13:11
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I think it's more to do with the technology that creates the rumble than the actual motor itself.

Nintendo I think already proved that they used their own technology, which they'd already patented, in this case previously, whereas Sony's technology is obviously a copy of Immersion's.
Tue 29/03/05 at 13:15
Regular
Yeah.

I don't like this case at all.
Unless Sony did steal from this Immersion company, which I doubt, then Sony made something good of their own accord but some corporation who might not even have any uses for this "thing" they patented are milking them for it.

Bad news for innovators everywhere.

Yes, I know some will say that Sony aren't the biggest innovators in the game industry, but they do a fair bit and to be bitten like this?
I'm just glad that the supreme court ruled against patenting DNA patterns for stem cells!

Stupid corporations turning ideas in to property!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.