GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Best Buffy The Vampire Slayer Episode Of All Time"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/03/04 at 23:46
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I nominate the episode when Buffy leaves Sunnydale to escape her slayer problems when she finds herself working in a Diner under her middle name (Anne) for enough money to live in some wee appartment.

She quickly finds herself friends with a local couple, both who have roughed it for a while and the girl is almost entirely dependant on the guy. She's not the sharpest tool in the shed. When her boyfriend goes missing though and Buffy is the only friend she has Buffy takes it upon herself to solve the mystery.

She discovers that after giving blood a doctor gives the names of all the homeless people who are healthy to a sinister demon who approches these people as some kind of spiritual counsellor before adbucting them and taking them through a portal to a hell demention where they work for what is only a day in our world but is 100 years in the hell demention. Once they have been beaten and worked to death they spit their bodies back up into our world. Corpses lying in drug dens and so on.

Buffy seeks this demon out though and fights his way to the girl she is helping who was just about to be sucked into the hell demention with promises that she'll be reunited with her boyfriend if she cleanses herself in this "pool". Buffy fights her way to her but it is too late and the both fall into the pool and into this hell demension.

Buffy however takes no guff. As the others are beaten down and killed just for acknowledging the individuality of their names she fights back in some beautifully choreagraphed fight scenes as Buffy liberates the workers and gets them to climb back up, out through the pool.

Unfortunately the boyfriend of the girl died of slave labour a couple of days before but now that Buffy realised she could not run from her slayer duties she returns to Sunnydale leaving her crappy appartment, her job and indeed her name for this new girl to try and get her self sufficient.

It's such a good episode and i nominate it as the best Buffy The Vampire Slayer episode of all time. Do I have anyone who agrees or disagrees bold enough to nominate another episode here?
Wed 24/03/04 at 23:46
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I nominate the episode when Buffy leaves Sunnydale to escape her slayer problems when she finds herself working in a Diner under her middle name (Anne) for enough money to live in some wee appartment.

She quickly finds herself friends with a local couple, both who have roughed it for a while and the girl is almost entirely dependant on the guy. She's not the sharpest tool in the shed. When her boyfriend goes missing though and Buffy is the only friend she has Buffy takes it upon herself to solve the mystery.

She discovers that after giving blood a doctor gives the names of all the homeless people who are healthy to a sinister demon who approches these people as some kind of spiritual counsellor before adbucting them and taking them through a portal to a hell demention where they work for what is only a day in our world but is 100 years in the hell demention. Once they have been beaten and worked to death they spit their bodies back up into our world. Corpses lying in drug dens and so on.

Buffy seeks this demon out though and fights his way to the girl she is helping who was just about to be sucked into the hell demention with promises that she'll be reunited with her boyfriend if she cleanses herself in this "pool". Buffy fights her way to her but it is too late and the both fall into the pool and into this hell demension.

Buffy however takes no guff. As the others are beaten down and killed just for acknowledging the individuality of their names she fights back in some beautifully choreagraphed fight scenes as Buffy liberates the workers and gets them to climb back up, out through the pool.

Unfortunately the boyfriend of the girl died of slave labour a couple of days before but now that Buffy realised she could not run from her slayer duties she returns to Sunnydale leaving her crappy appartment, her job and indeed her name for this new girl to try and get her self sufficient.

It's such a good episode and i nominate it as the best Buffy The Vampire Slayer episode of all time. Do I have anyone who agrees or disagrees bold enough to nominate another episode here?
Wed 24/03/04 at 23:47
Regular
"8==="
The one about Spike's past lives (with slayers getting killed).

That one was, I have to admit, of a good quality.
Wed 24/03/04 at 23:50
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Ah yes, that is a great episode too. When Buffy isn't kicking as much ass as usual and turns to the fighter she knows to have ever defeated a slayer (Spike) for help. I definitely liked this episode. The fights with both slayers that Spike kills are great and there's a good if cliché message in it about never giving up when Spike says that the only reason he beats the slayers is because they lose the will to fight. They see there is too much evil in the world and want to die to relieve the burden of a life of trying to combat evil that will never stop coming.
Wed 24/03/04 at 23:55
Regular
The episode is called Anne, in reference to the middle name she uses. And apparenlty Joss Whedon likes [Buffy[ Ann Summers.

...Each to his own.
Wed 24/03/04 at 23:59
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Joss Whedon is no longer my messiah. He couldn't keep Buffy The Vampire Slayer Running till series 10 so I hate him now *sticks out tongue*. I preffered "Anne" before hand though as without the "e" it looks like to many "n"'s considering you make the same sound with just "An" although that is another word so it needs to be "Anne" *nods*
Thu 25/03/04 at 00:01
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Wow, best Buffy episode. It's so hard to choose, there's just so many good ones.

No wait, not many.....err.....few.
Thu 25/03/04 at 00:01
Regular
Anyway, my best Buffy ep of all time...

Becoming Part I & II - Buffy has to kill Angelus to save the world (she slept with Angel, thus converting him back to his evil persona Angelus by giving him perfect happiness. Gypsy curse. Long story.) Willow casts a spell that brings Angel back, but it's too late. Buffy kills the man she loves to save the world.
Thu 25/03/04 at 00:02
Regular
Blank wrote:
> Wow, best Buffy episode. It's so hard to choose, there's just so many
> good ones.
>
> No wait, not many.....err.....few.

--

Quiet, fool. I will only love you if you give in to the Buffyverse.
Thu 25/03/04 at 00:03
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Buffyverse? More shiny helms seen from afar?
Thu 25/03/04 at 00:05
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
That was allright although there was no real twist. It was too predictable in my opinion. None of the big climaxes, in my opinion, are great because you know they're all going to turn out fine and rarely don't know what's going to happen next. Many stand alone episodes have some good twists and close calls though. Like that episode with The Gentlemen? That rocked. Or the episode with the Kinder-something-. That demon that can only be seen by sick children. It wanders the halls of a local hospital sucking the life ut of sick children who can't fight back using tendrils that sprout from it's eyes. It turns out Buffy's cousin was killed by this beast but she has to make herself ill to see it and then, fight it. Great episode.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.