GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo and their third party Europea relationships improve:"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/03/04 at 23:17
Regular
Remember how I have been yelling at Nintendo for not keeping good ties with western developers? Whereas Capcom, Namco, Konami, SEGA, Hudson and Square-Enix (to name a few) have all been involved in multi-million dollar deals with the big N, the European and America developers barley get any deals with Nintendo. Granted Bits had a temporary exclusivity deal for Die Hard: Vendetta, N-space have recently entered an agreement for a dark first person shooter geist as an exclusive title for the Gamecube and then there was this small EA deal... but recently things have been getting even better. Maybe Nintendo were listening.

Here's a brief new article surrounding Kuju, who are currently working on a new exclusive Gamecube game taken from IGN:

March 24, 2004 - European development studio Kuju on Wednesday announced that it had signed a deal to create a "major new GameCube game" to be published by Nintendo Co. Ltd. Kuju's Action Division will develop the still-secret title, which will be exclusive to Nintendo's console.

Kuju, which houses more than 100 employees, is best known for such titles as Reign of Fire for GameCube, Fire Warrior for PlayStation 2, and the Lotus Challenge racing series.
"We are very pleased to have entered into an agreement with Nintendo for this innovative new game," said. Ian Baverstock, business development director of Kuju. "Nintendo have an unrivalled reputation within the industry for the quality of their titles and we are proud to be working directly with them, particularly at this exciting time in the industry's development.'

There is a strong possibility that Kuju's GameCube project may show up in some for at the forthcoming Electronics Entertainment Expo 2004, which kicks off this May in Los Angeles.

Nintendo last year announced a similar deal to publish Geist, a dark first-person shooter from studio N-Space, exclusively for GameCube. In addition, the company is expected to officially unveil a deal with top-secret software house Zoonami, which is believed to have two projects underway exclusively for GameCube.

*coolies*
Sat 03/04/04 at 14:07
Regular
RoF is genius.
Sat 03/04/04 at 13:08
Regular
Well, fair enough.

I was just taken aback because, for me, Die Hard: Vendetta and Reign of Fire are two of the worst games I've ever played.
Wed 31/03/04 at 21:34
Regular
"8==="
I thoroughly enjoyed Die Hard: Vendetta.
Wed 31/03/04 at 21:19
Regular
Mav wrote:
> *is shocked*
>
> Reign of Fire rules, Die Hard: Vendetta was good and Nintendo suck?
> Have I entered some crazy paralell universe?

Well I enjoyed Die Hard, I actually played it a lot... found it highly amusing and relativly addictive.

Confessingly it is far from the best game I own... but I've played worse.
Wed 31/03/04 at 18:12
Regular
*is shocked*

Reign of Fire rules, Die Hard: Vendetta was good and Nintendo suck? Have I entered some crazy paralell universe?
Wed 31/03/04 at 15:09
Regular
Mario and Luigi...

Excluding Harvest Moon of course... that just rules muchley.
Wed 31/03/04 at 14:52
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Yeh coz dey well s**t aren't dey? U must h8 dem loadz to do such a thing like get a GBA!! LOL!!!!111ONE!!!11

Have you noticed the best games on your GBA are made by Nintendo or it through it's second parties? Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Pokémon, Mario Kart, Mario Advance, Metroid Fusion, Wario Ware..
Wed 31/03/04 at 07:42
Regular
"20 characters hey"
i hate Nintendo the onley reason i have a gba is because it was the onley good handheld games consol at the time.All ive got to say is that Nintendo are rubish.
Wed 31/03/04 at 01:46
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Yeah, I'm really sure they will.
>
> Fire Warrior was crap, the same goes for Reign of Fire. Why on earth
> you think that now they're working for Nintendo they're gonna
> suddenly turn out a decent game I can only imagine.

Fire Warrior showed a lot of promise and Reign of Fire ruled. The game is rumoured to be an original Castlevania game.

> As for your love of Geist, all that's been shown is a very early
> build of the game at E3 last year. It really didn't look anything
> special, a few good ideas but nothing truely outstanding. If the game
> was announced on any other console you wouldn't give it a second
> look.

The game reminded me of Perfect Dark and the build I played at ECTS was good fun.

> Hardly a decent improvement in 3rd part support is it?

I never said it was exactly. In Japan Nintendo are doing deals left right and centre in order to get exclusive 3rd party support and happen to be getting similar ammounts to Sony...

In the west that is not true, but deals with EA, Kuju, N-space, Zoonami and BiTs Studio's all show a sign of improvement...

Nintendo aren't wanting to do deals with the mega publishers (bar EA who are too big to ignore).. Acclaim, Codemasters, Eidios etc... all create popular titles but, as opposed to Japan, western gamers go for whatever is the big hit at the time. Retro Studio's and Silicon Knights are performing extremley well but Nintendo need to nurture and aid smaller developers who could indeed create the next GTA.

I won't deny that more likely than not that the 4 exclusive games we are due may turn out like Die Hard: Vendetta, good but nothing that'll set the charts on fire...

Then again one of them... just the one... could turn out to be a massive hit and sell the Gamecube in the west till the N5 arrives (a.k.a Goldeneye).

Nintendo deserve their reputation of encouraging smaller developers...

Hudson, Hal, Camelot, Intelligent studio's, NTSC, Pargram, Skip, Left Field, Retro, Rare and Silicon Knights have a lot to thank them for.
Wed 31/03/04 at 00:01
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
The only decent Nintendo game will be the new revamped Resident Evil 4.

After going on about how much I hated the remakes, it looks like we'll get a new decent one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.