GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half Life Generations"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half Life'.
Wed 30/03/05 at 21:23
Regular
"the burning sky"
Well recently re-installed this cus someone is pestering to play DoD against me. Anywhoo I went ahead with the install, installed HL, HL:Update, HL:OF, CS and all the other side games. They all showed up in the Play Games list in steam after I entered my CD-key. Problem is Steam is insisting on downloading them from scratch, even tho' they are all installed on my hard-drive. Thing is HL2 and such are installed in the 'Valve' folder, whilst the older games are installed in the 'Sierra' folder. Any ideas where I have to install the older games? Cheers in advance.
Thu 31/03/05 at 18:09
Regular
"bot"
Chippxero wrote:
> Merm what happened today you only came in for a few games then left :(
>
>
> That goes for you too Shiggy :* (

my net connection was playing up. The ping kept spiking to 200 and then back down again.
Thu 31/03/05 at 12:34
Regular
"the burning sky"
Shall try that later. No need to back-up anything really. Finished HL2 so all is good.
Thu 31/03/05 at 02:12
Regular
"Captain to you."
Merm what happened today you only came in for a few games then left :(

That goes for you too Shiggy :* (
Thu 31/03/05 at 00:45
Regular
Tomoose wrote:
> Well recently re-installed this cus someone is pestering to play DoD
> against me.

And i am so going to head shot you! ahhh you will love it :)
Wed 30/03/05 at 22:03
Regular
"bot"
back up your HL2 saves if you remove Steam, since when I did it Half Life 2 got uninstalled as well : \

I learnt the hard way :' {
Wed 30/03/05 at 22:02
Regular
Weird, I had Generations installed before I got Steam, and after installing Steam it already had them listed as games I owned.

Maybe you could remove Steam then install?
Wed 30/03/05 at 21:23
Regular
"the burning sky"
Well recently re-installed this cus someone is pestering to play DoD against me. Anywhoo I went ahead with the install, installed HL, HL:Update, HL:OF, CS and all the other side games. They all showed up in the Play Games list in steam after I entered my CD-key. Problem is Steam is insisting on downloading them from scratch, even tho' they are all installed on my hard-drive. Thing is HL2 and such are installed in the 'Valve' folder, whilst the older games are installed in the 'Sierra' folder. Any ideas where I have to install the older games? Cheers in advance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.