GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A list of Books I've made"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/03/04 at 10:59
Regular
On Amazon.

I only put in the books I really enjoyed, so you can consider them all highly recommended :

[URL]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/listmania/list-browse/-/1W3GT5BI14D35/026-1734261-7300400[/URL]

Any of you read any of them?
Wed 24/03/04 at 10:59
Regular
On Amazon.

I only put in the books I really enjoyed, so you can consider them all highly recommended :

[URL]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/listmania/list-browse/-/1W3GT5BI14D35/026-1734261-7300400[/URL]

Any of you read any of them?
Wed 24/03/04 at 11:02
Regular
Add to those :

Ubik, Philip K. Dick - Another great Dick novel, seriously mind bending and very clever.

Only Forward, Michael Marshall Smith - Fantasy/Sci Fi hybrid, jumping from a frightening cyber punk style future, to a land of dreams and nightmares. Very clever indeed and unique to me as one that encompasses these two genres so well.
Regular
I'm noticing a film bias in those books...but A.Pyscho is a superb book.
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
No im not a reader myself well only on the internet and FF games but that was a bad move now I know what you do and all that is left is a suitable bush.
Wed 24/03/04 at 11:04
Regular
American Psycho is great yeah. I watched it after seeing the film and it's so much better. A lot of it reads like a clothing catalogue, which can get a bit much at times, but this just highlights how materialistic and twisted the narrator is.
Wed 24/03/04 at 11:12
Regular
I thought it was a comment on the 80's excessive consumer culture myself, but a book can be read any number of ways. If you like books like that which have a social agenda, I'd recommend Jack Kerouac - On the Road, or F.Scott Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby.
Wed 24/03/04 at 11:15
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> I thought it was a comment on the 80's excessive consumer culture
> myself, but a book can be read any number of ways.

well, that's what I meant, it was a very materialistic and shallow culture, which the narrator lapped up.

I'll look out for those books you mentioned, I'm always keen to sample new authors.
Wed 24/03/04 at 11:23
Regular
"relocated"
I've read Fear and Loathing and American Psycho, both of which were excellent, and I'm just about to start I Am Legend and thinking about ordering Star Maker. That SF Masterworks series is really good by the looks of it; I've only read one so far - Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny - and I'd reccommend it to everybody.

Edit:
This post has inspired me to finish off the amazon list I started about twenty years ago.
Wed 24/03/04 at 11:28
Regular
the SF Masterworks is an excellent series indeed. I've nearly picked up Lord of Light on several occasions, and may get it soon.

Starmaker is nothing short of breathtaking, and I don't use that word very often. It takes some reading though - a lot of it is so indepth you'll find yourself re-reading passages just to make it sink in properly. If you like that one, get Last and First Men aswell.

I've just finished reading I am Legend for the 3rd time. It's a great book, and it deserved a great film representation. sadly it only got 'the omega man' which is absolute toss.
Wed 24/03/04 at 12:32
Regular
"relocated"
My own list: [URL]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/listmania/list-browse/-/2DROVUB20PWP5/202-6939243-2556608[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.