GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A list of Books I've made"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/03/04 at 10:59
Regular
On Amazon.

I only put in the books I really enjoyed, so you can consider them all highly recommended :

[URL]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/listmania/list-browse/-/1W3GT5BI14D35/026-1734261-7300400[/URL]

Any of you read any of them?
Fri 26/03/04 at 16:39
Regular
"NEVILLE!"
Fri 26/03/04 at 15:43
Regular
"relocated"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> I've just finished reading I am Legend for the 3rd time. It's a
> great book, and it deserved a great film representation. sadly it
> only got 'the omega man' which is absolute toss.

I finished I Am Legend last night. It was excellent.
Thu 25/03/04 at 20:56
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Stryke wrote:
> I read Jennifer Government recently - which was what the short-lived
> SR craze of NationStates

Some of us are still there....
Thu 25/03/04 at 12:52
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> I watched it after seeing the film and it's so much better.

Of course you did. ;D
Thu 25/03/04 at 11:03
Regular
Catcher in the Rye and 1984 really are compulsory reads though. I disliked Catch-22, just never seemed to feel involved.

I read Jennifer Government recently - which was what the short-lived SR craze of NationStates a while back was based on - and it's a great book. Very heavy-handed in shouting about capitalism, and not written with any great dexterity or suchlike. But it's very funny, gets the issues across and was an enjoyable read. So I'll recommend that.
Thu 25/03/04 at 10:39
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Blank wrote:
> The sagacious one wrote:
> I looked at this topic expecting to see some books that you had
> actually made (out of wood or something)
>
> Paper, we call it.

Paper is a myth made up by wood salemen to make wood based products seem more desirable. "Paper" is simply pulped wood (taken from a living thing) made into thin slivers of bleached barkmarkers TM.
Thu 25/03/04 at 01:46
Regular
Yeah, I found that too.

I didn't leave very long comments, but they give you an idea.

As for the 'Only Forward' novel, yes it did flag in the middle a bit, but it was such a unique and mind expanding story that I'll definitely be getting the follow up novel(s). That guy has some serious talent.
Thu 25/03/04 at 01:42
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
ßora? §agdiyeV wrote:
> Only Forward, Michael Marshall Smith

First third of that novel is fantastic, thought it flagged a bit from then on in. Someone else mentioned the Great Gatsby, my favourite; contrary to the name, I didn't enjoy Fear and Loathing that much, and The Rum Diaries is one of the very rare abandoned reads; awful.

Anyway, didn't really mean to get into that, just wanted to say that it's nice to see someone who can actually use the List thing properly. I would use it quite regularly; find someone with similar tastes to my current reads and try out a few. However, the number of people that just list the books, make no comments, and then title it something really annoying like, "An eclectic list of books for intellectuals" (naturally including at least one of the seemingly compulsory group of Catcher in the Rye, Catch-22 and 1984). Never thought people could be so annoying just through a list.
Wed 24/03/04 at 23:27
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The sagacious one wrote:
> I looked at this topic expecting to see some books that you had
> actually made (out of wood or something)

Paper, we call it.
Wed 24/03/04 at 16:44
Regular
unknown kernel wrote:
> My own list:
> [URL]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/listmania/list-browse/-/2DROVUB20PWP5/202-6939243-2556608[/URL]

the twits, heh. I have the enormous crocodile somewhere, and 'The fantastic mister fox', which was my favourite when I was a kid. I hadn't included it, although I probably should have.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.