GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The saddest thing in video game history"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/04/01 at 20:10
Regular
Again I would have to say in final fantasy 7 when aieris dies. I think it bought a tear to my eye when you see her float to the bottom of the river.

Why would seperoth do such a thing??

Anyway i got that off my mind when i bought my hotel
Mon 09/04/01 at 14:19
Regular
Saddest moment losing a cup final in champ man 00/01
Mon 09/04/01 at 14:08
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The saddest moment in the history of gaming was when some daft developer thought they'd make a game with Barbie in it.

Then there was the bit at the start of Castle of Illusion on the Mega Drive where Minnie Mouse gets kidnapped, that always brings a lump to my throat.

When Ryudo's brother Melfice is mortally wounded that brings a tear to my eye when playing Grandia 2 on the Dreamcast.

Aeris on the PSX version of Final Fantasy VII is more of a shock than a tear jerker, because you just can't believe that one of your party could actually get killed. Most RPGs always give you an 'revive/restore/heal/raise from the dead' option for a party member. This was different.

As for Sniper Wolf, I didn't find that tear jerking at all. Remember, she shot up Beryl for fun and repeatedly tried to bump off Snake. I'm suprised he didn't carve her up a bit with a knife for a bit of payback first before shooting her in the face. Waste of a good hanky in my opinion.

I'm a dog lover, so the all time weepy moment for me was having to kill the zombie dobermans in Resident Evil on the Saturn. I hated doing that, but I a spare rocket or two in my rocket launcher at the time so it couldn't really be helped.
Mon 09/04/01 at 13:40
"possibly impossible"
I think it's sad when we finish a story on FOG, like the Step Outside Grix.... one (if you haven't read it, go and do so now!)

Sometimes you just get so caught up in the story that it's a shame when it finally comes to an end, a bit like when you finish a long adventure or RPG where you've really got attached to the characters.
Mon 09/04/01 at 13:23
Regular
SNIPER wrote:
> I think it's bad when you find out in Zelda that the market has been
> totally recked.

hes right you know
Mon 09/04/01 at 12:51
Regular
Aeris the worse?
Mon 09/04/01 at 11:58
Regular
"not dead"
In one of the following games:

Secret of Mana
Illusion of Time

One of the characters has a dog.There are people starving.

The dog sacrafices himself for food by jumping into the fire.
Mon 09/04/01 at 10:58
Regular
I think it's bad when you find out in Zelda that the market has been totally recked.
Mon 09/04/01 at 01:35
Ant wrote:
> When Sniper Wolf got killed in MGS.

It was very emotional with
> the sad music and the wolves howling. Brought a tear to my eye.

I agree with this and also when all of the main characters died i felt rather sad. I think it was supposed to be that way so that the player knows that killing isn't all glamour and glitz but the person you have killed is more than a foot solider with a black balaclava, a gun and a dog tag. They are a person, they have a history and they have family. Like when Grey Fox was talking to Snake near the end when he was fighting Metal Gear. What he was saying and the fact the music was so full of emotion hammered home a powerful message. Killing isn't a glamorous thing, it doesn't make you more of a man, it doesn't make you special or big. Your taking something away from people that cannot be replaced by anything else in the world and it hurts. And once it is gone it is gone for good.
Metal Gear Solid is a very powerful game and it more than one sad moment in it.
Sun 08/04/01 at 23:28
Regular
i was sad when i completed The ocarina of time. i really got into that game, and when it ended something inside of me ended too. i never felt the same since i completed that game.
Sun 08/04/01 at 22:59
Regular
"I like cheese"
When Sniper Wolf got killed in MGS.

It was very emotional with the sad music and the wolves howling. Brought a tear to my eye.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.