GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Google 'aids doctors' diagnoses'"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/11/06 at 09:33
Regular
Using Google, the internet search engine, can help doctors diagnose tricky cases, researchers have said.

A team of Australian doctors googled the symptoms of 26 cases for a study in the New England Journal of Medicine.

In 15 cases, the web search came up with the right diagnosis, the paper published on the British Medical Journal website reports.

The authors say Google can be a "useful aid", but UK experts said the internet was "no replacement" for doctors.

...continued

----

You always hear in the news about people finding things doctors have missed out on by searching the internet themselves so I think this is a good idea as long as they know what they're doing.
Fri 10/11/06 at 09:33
Regular
Using Google, the internet search engine, can help doctors diagnose tricky cases, researchers have said.

A team of Australian doctors googled the symptoms of 26 cases for a study in the New England Journal of Medicine.

In 15 cases, the web search came up with the right diagnosis, the paper published on the British Medical Journal website reports.

The authors say Google can be a "useful aid", but UK experts said the internet was "no replacement" for doctors.

...continued

----

You always hear in the news about people finding things doctors have missed out on by searching the internet themselves so I think this is a good idea as long as they know what they're doing.
Fri 10/11/06 at 09:46
"possibly impossible"
It can feed paranoia and would be terrible for hypochondriacs though. Plus not all the info is accurate.
Fri 10/11/06 at 09:51
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Ive googled my symptoms ive had before as i didnt want to go to the docs. By the end of my search i was on my death bed!
Fri 10/11/06 at 15:53
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I think really Google and the internet in general help doctors by giving them almost instant access to information they would have spent 15 minutes or so looking up in books.

It's just really a quicker way of finding information for them and helping them do their jobs more efficiently.
Fri 10/11/06 at 22:20
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Why the medical profession doesn't have its own network of searchable, reliable information, I don't know. The internet is not accurate, it contains anything anybody wants it to.

I could upload a page tomorrow that told the world how to diagnose some exotic form of cancer from symptoms as innocent as cold toes and and a bad hair day. I hate to think that some professional might expect that such a page would be consulting them on how to diagnose their genuinely ill patients.
Fri 10/11/06 at 22:26
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Everpain wrote:
> Why the medical profession doesn't have its own network of
> searchable, reliable information, I don't know.

I thought it did. I know of the DSM or Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. I'd imagine there is one for other problems as well.
Sat 11/11/06 at 03:18
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Seraphim wrote:
> Ive googled my symptoms ive had before as i didnt want to go to
> the docs. By the end of my search i was on my death bed!

you`d think after having 2 others you`d KNOW what was up ;P
Sat 11/11/06 at 03:35
Regular
"Monochromatic"
She's a woman, she dont know nuffin.

* Keeps digging himself a hole *

Wuv you really

"That wont save you, Nick "
Sat 11/11/06 at 08:03
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Corazon wrote:
> She's a woman, she dont know nuffin.
>
> * Keeps digging himself a hole *
>
> Wuv you really
>
> "That wont save you, Nick "

lol, you really have it in for me lol
Sat 11/11/06 at 08:04
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Very_Metal wrote:
> Seraphim wrote:
> you`d think after having 2 others you`d KNOW what was up ;P

heh lol :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.