GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A drop of Scotch™ with Chuck Soul"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/03/04 at 22:26
Regular
"Guess who..."
A drop of Scotch with Chuck Soul

Friends, strangers, and losers,
Tazz has once again returned on a very temporary basis in order to convey his thoughts regarding, well, wrestling. Although this seems somewhat formal and possibly/hopefully rather haughty, I shall now become more humble and write to you in a more amiable manner, while still retaining a broad-minded, impartial state of mind.
Now, I find this really strange, this…unusual love of one Rey Mysterio. It would seem to me that all this guy does is fancy, athletic counters and practically dances around his opponents whilst clinging to their body. As far as wrestling goes, there’s not much he has to be proud of. He uses many roll-ups, which seldom win anyone a match and the fact that he sometimes ends with a “West Coast Pop” (just a glorified Frankensteiner in my opinion) is an insult. One should never win a match when one’s opponent is kicking his legs around. That just looks untidy and rushed. The 619? Now, I could care less about the tedious story/excuse behind the name of this move but I’d rather like to analyse the move itself. Really, it’s just a tap in the face with the shin and there is sometimes no contact at all. It by no means should provoke such a frantic reaction. Nunzio for example, way oversells it.
I personally am not impressed by speedy wrestlers; I feel they lack the talent that is borne by an experienced professional; mat wrestling talent. However, if it is your bag I ask of you what has Rey Mysterio got that Essah Rios didn’t have. My inference is that Rios was more talented (as far as athletic ability is concerned) and could execute a speedy move with a clean and tidy finish. But, why did he not get the respect Rey gets? Why did he not get the push Rey gets?
Another concern of mine is his inclusive attitude toward family and work. One of the first questions I was asked when I entered my first Steel Domain Wrestling School in Chicago was “What are you here for?”. I had a number of deployable answers here; “I’m here to live my dream”/”I’m here to confute my family”/”I’m here to prove something to myself”. You know which one I chose? None of them. I turned to my trainer and told him “I’m here to wrestle.” (There’s got to be a noticeable difference between dreams and reality. One can set out pursuing a dream, but one has to realize that reality is gonna hit back, and one should plan tactically, knowing one’s limits. By no means believe in yourself to such an extent that you believe you have no limits. That in itself is one of the greatest limits of all.*) Rey Mysterio on the other hand, before a number of matches has roughly said things like “I’m gonna win this match my family” and “This match is for my country, my heritage [insert Spanish phrase followed by standing ovation]”. This, I find simply mawkish and banal.
What really bugged me last Thursday was how he got a WWE Title shot. I personally believe that Eddie Guerrero deserves the title to some extent but it doesn’t greatly please me that someone like Bob Holly isn’t up there in the spotlight. But the idea of Rey Mysterio in a WWE Championship match personally evokes confusion and even a touch of indignation. First of all, he defeats Big Show and kudos to Big Show for accepting such a shameful defeat from a Cruiserweight. I would have refused and considered the very notion of defeat an insult. This is unrealistic and a poor standard of representation of Professional Wrestling.
Well, that pretty much concludes my point. Please be aware that these questions are not rhetorical. On the contrary, this particular ‘drop of scotch’ was designed for you to express your opinions and elucidate my queries which, by the way, are genuine.

Go in Peace

*Sorry about the tangent.
Thu 25/03/04 at 21:16
Regular
"Guess who..."
†hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> His ring psychology is lacking, he's almost as bad as 'taker when it
> comes to 'no-selling' he has the charisma of a steel chair and his
> in-ring ability would be more at home in the early 80s.

Perhaps so but as far as charisma is concerned, I believe it was Paul Simon that said “After changes upon changes we are more or less the same.”
‘Nuff said.
Thu 25/03/04 at 21:13
Regular
"Guess who..."
<< <> >> wrote:
> Tazz wrote:
> << <>wrote:
> It is a wonder why you still watch wrestling.
>
> Why's that?
>
> 'Cause in the whole piece of writing all you did was complain.

Ah, indeed I did. But, had I done nothing but commend the WWE, then there would be nothing but agreements and my cavillous personality would go to waste. Hence, there would be no reason for this 'Drop of Scotch' and therefore no triumphant (yet for a limited time only) return of the legendary Tazz. So really, it all links together doesn't it? Meh.
Thu 25/03/04 at 21:06
Regular
"Guess who..."
†hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> Kurt Angle is only 10 pounds heavier than Benoit and 15 heavier than
> Guerrero.

But Angle is 6'2" wheras Guerrero is 5'8" and Benoit is a mere 5'10".

...Chuck Soul is a towering 5'9". True story.
Tue 23/03/04 at 16:52
Regular
"Better Than You"
Tazz wrote:
> << <>wrote:
>
> Why's that?

'Cause in the whole piece of writing all you did was complain.
Tue 23/03/04 at 14:53
Regular
"..."
Tazz wrote:
> †hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> ...Bob Holly has always and will always be a useless 5-move
> wonder who also happens to be a total bully-boy jerk.
>
> He's a good standard of wrestler in my opinion. Intense, committed,
> he does his job. If that earns a guy his paycheck then he's doing
> nothing wrong. The guy should be champ. 'Nuff said.

His ring psychology is lacking, he's almost as bad as 'taker when it comes to 'no-selling' he has the charisma of a steel chair and his in-ring ability would be more at home in the early 80s.
Tue 23/03/04 at 14:52
Regular
"..."
Tazz wrote:
> Grandprix wrote:
> Heh, not only is Eddie Guerrero the most over guy on Smackdown, he
> has been producing top matches, had a brilliant match with Angle at
> Wrestlemania and is exactly what the WWE need, fresh main eventers.
>
> I agree, but if the main eventers aren't up to standard (by that I
> mean... well sized), then I, though an unpopular opinion, would stick
> with the Kurt Angles and the Big Shows. That should be what the
> Heavyweight division is all about. That of course includes the WWE
> Championship.

Kurt Angle is only 10 pounds heavier than Benoit and 15 heavier than Guerrero.
Mon 22/03/04 at 20:06
Regular
"Guess who..."
<< <> >> wrote:

> I think Rey Mysterio is a good cruiserweight wrestler, but shouldn't
> be up there at the top. I think out of that gauntlet, Big S how was
> the best for a title shot.

Agreed.

> But when Rey Mysterio wrestles I like the speed, where everything
> happens fast so it doesn't start to bore you. Also I'm sure a boot to
> the head from a 619 would actually hurt quite a bit...

Not when the move evidently makes no contact. Then, it would be time to improvise.
Mon 22/03/04 at 20:03
Regular
"Guess who..."
†hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> ...Bob Holly has always and will always be a useless 5-move
> wonder who also happens to be a total bully-boy jerk.

He's a good standard of wrestler in my opinion. Intense, committed, he does his job. If that earns a guy his paycheck then he's doing nothing wrong. The guy should be champ. 'Nuff said.
Mon 22/03/04 at 20:00
Regular
"Guess who..."
<< <> >> wrote:

Why's that?
Mon 22/03/04 at 19:59
Regular
"Guess who..."
Grandprix wrote:
> Heh, not only is Eddie Guerrero the most over guy on Smackdown, he
> has been producing top matches, had a brilliant match with Angle at
> Wrestlemania and is exactly what the WWE need, fresh main eventers.

I agree, but if the main eventers aren't up to standard (by that I mean... well sized), then I, though an unpopular opinion, would stick with the Kurt Angles and the Big Shows. That should be what the Heavyweight division is all about. That of course includes the WWE Championship.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.