GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Red Faction"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/04/01 at 16:48
Regular
Has anybody been following this game, if so then you will know that it is looking excellent!

However i am getting a little worried about something. Will the controlls be as hard as the ones on Timesplitters?
Sat 28/04/01 at 12:41
Regular
Going to have a look now!
Wed 25/04/01 at 12:40
"High polygon count"
Have you seen the awesome video clips at IGN?

http://ps2.ign.com/previews/15003.html

...and scroll down, down, down!
Wed 25/04/01 at 07:49
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
The game is finished now and ready to go but of course the Americans are getting it first and that is May 22/23. So it depends if they are working on converting it now if so then It could be out sometime in June.
Tue 24/04/01 at 20:13
Regular
It seems to have been delayed a little though. It was down for May, but I think it`ll be June now.

As for the TimeSplitters controls, I changed them so that 360 movement was on the left stick rather than just strafing. Leaving side step and look up/down on the right stick. I find it much easier, and so do most of the people that have used the game with me!
Tue 24/04/01 at 18:41
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Red faction looks excellent . I may not have a ps2 but its one of the reasons im soon buying sony's second masterpiece
Mon 23/04/01 at 12:13
You can change the Timesplitters controls, and have them as a custom setup... Thats what I did, but you do get used to the regular controls after a while.
Fri 13/04/01 at 11:34
I love the Timesplitter's controls... easy to pick up which makes the game hard to put down!
Sun 08/04/01 at 22:01
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I think they will be as on a PS2 controller the Timesplitters controls gives you the best control for a 1st person shooter. If it supports a USB mouse and keyboard then they will be the best. If they didnt use the Timesplitter controls, then it wouldn't be very good at all I would have thought.
For me the controls for Timesplitters are easy, a bit weird to start with but they become natural in the first 30 mins of playing. I had a friend playing on it today who had never played on the game or used that style of control and he picked it up straight away, even though he plays all the 1st person shooters on the PC.
Sun 08/04/01 at 16:48
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Has anybody been following this game, if so then you will know that it is looking excellent!

However i am getting a little worried about something. Will the controlls be as hard as the ones on Timesplitters?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.