GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX or PS2! What do you think?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/04/01 at 16:13
Regular
Which console do you think is better. Do you think that the XBOX will be better than the PS2 or vice versa? And Why?

Personally I think that the XBOX will be better because it can display four different textures per polygon and has quite a large amount of VRAM which is used to display textures and I think the graphics are considerably better than the PS2.
Sun 08/04/01 at 16:13
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Which console do you think is better. Do you think that the XBOX will be better than the PS2 or vice versa? And Why?

Personally I think that the XBOX will be better because it can display four different textures per polygon and has quite a large amount of VRAM which is used to display textures and I think the graphics are considerably better than the PS2.
Tue 10/04/01 at 13:46
It depends on who produces the better games!
One of the main reasons I have opted for PS2 is for Hideo Kojima (MGS2) and Squaresoft (Final Fantasy and various other RPG classics).
Though I don't doubt for a second that the X-Box will be V. Powerful and produce some fantastic games, I feel that the PS2 is more likely to cater to my gaming needs.
I could be wrong, but I hope I'm not:-)
Tue 10/04/01 at 21:20
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
The Xbox will be FAR, FAR, FAR, FAR better than the PS2, which I have just found can only shift 5-6 million polygons a second. Sony lied to you. It CAN'T do 66 million a second unless each polygon is flat and the same. Dreamcast is actually a technically better machine than the PS2. Sony should be done for misleading people. Now Xbox...there's something good. Better games from Microsoft, Sega and others. Yes, Sega are making a new Panzer Dragoon game and a new Jet Set Radio game for Xbox whilst they are just re-doing games for the PS2. This is due to the PS2 being INFERIOR to even the Dreamcast.

When I heard this (Check out the FOG forum) I couldn't stop laughing. The PS2 is crapper than I thought!
Mon 23/04/01 at 17:12
Regular
"MSR Rules"
Sony "Hyped up" the 66 Mpps ready for the launch of the DC.
Another example of Sony doing anything to beat the opposition into the ground.
Wed 09/05/01 at 01:14
Regular
"Back For Good"
I think everyone should stop all this C**P.
can't you see the playstation 2 will be so far ahead and have online and hard drive capabillity's by the xbox is even released and if it starts getting a few games in it will be completely destroyed by the PLaystation 3.and to everyone who goes "xbox specs this and metal gear X silent Hill X.
Only PC people who need an upgrade or are sick of windows bugs are going to buy the xbox and when they do they'll be aware of other consoles and go straight to the best consoles.horrarrr

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.